How to add modded vehicles and request

Scottthegamer

Scottthegamer

I'm new to modding and want to add a whole new set of vehicles to replace the ones in game. Do I need to use spark IV? What's the easiest way to set up and add the vehicles?

Is there a link for a ford f250 sd? Looks white and has four doors. Is an 08 model I believe.

hi scottthegamer,

it is extremely easy to add or mod vehicles to gta iv biggrin.gif .

the tool i would sugest is OpenIV which can be found by searching in this forum. I have used SparkIV before, but i find OpenIV to have a lot of extra features that SparkIV does not have.

first you will want to have GTA IV installed.

Then it is recommended that you patch your game to either 1.0.7.0 or 1.0.4.0 as those two versions have the most mods available to them.

I will use 1.0.7.0 for this guide as im currently patched to it biggrin.gif .

Next you need a utility to remove the file checking this game poses.

I recommend Xliveless which can also be found on these forums.

Next step(optional but recommended)

is to get either scripthook .net 1.7.1.7(for patches 1.0.7.0 ONLY) from these forums, or get scripthook 0.4.0(for patches 1.0.4.0 ONLY)

IF you do get scripthook 0.4.0 you will probably want to get Simple Trainer(also know as Simple Native Trainer) to spawn your cars(Note: you may also use it with .net scripthook 1.7.1.7 but you will need to disable one or more hotkeys that simple native trainer comes with.)

next it is time to finally get the car mod installed devil.gif .

open up Open iv and select your game version(GTA IV:EFLC, GTA IV, Max Payne 3)(Note: Windows 7 Aand Windows vista may require you to run OpenIV as administrator to work properly)

now a window should pop up go to models>cdimages>vehicles.img

and open it.

now close to the top right of Open iv you should see something that says(Edit Mode) Click it, a dialog box should pop up click ok.

now go to where you downloaded your mod(make sure its unzipped!)

and look for a .WFT and .WTD file.

for this guide rename them to bobcat.WFT and bobcat.WTD(this is the car name if your wondering)

and press the add files button, their you are done with what i can help you with although the readme will specify what other files you may need to edit.

is it any more complicated to start from scratch with modding a car. I have already done some characters from scratch, would be nice to know if there are any other steps to making vehicles smile.gif any help on this would be brilliant.

I'm new to modding and want to add a whole new set of vehicles to replace the ones in game. Do I need to use spark IV? What's the easiest way to set up and add the vehicles?

Is there a link for a ford f250 sd? Looks white and has four doors. Is an 08 model I believe.

same i really want to know how to modd my ps3 gta iv and add fords and holden and more stuff confused.gif