Is it possible for R* to make a game without

Ludzidocelowych

CookPassBabtridge

Basically no, it seems. However, the losses due to the MP3 might put the brakes on future drifting.

They take their time. Every game they delay gets 50% better.

Hello dear comunity. I just changed my password into something I am unable to remember. It has been a lot of fun here, one of the best GTA dedicated forums I have ever visited. The mods are doing a great job and I wish you all the best. I love you, every single one of you (apart from Zee [what a fanny]).

Ludzidocelowych

GTA IV.

It was nothing compared to San Andreas. It was about on par with VC, hell, VC had more to do than IV

Why are you even asking, talk about retarded postings, JUST wait for something concrete to bitch and moan about, in the mean time, go play the old games, or non-Rockstar titles, You should try all RAGE engine games, that will include MP3 and previously, RDR, which is the best so far!

GTA IV.

It was nothing compared to San Andreas. It was about on par with VC, hell, VC had more to do than IV

Yeah, that's the idea. They made a complete new game, they didn't take VC/III and added new stuff.

Get it?

Yl8KS.jpg

GTA IV.

And yet it's so much more fun to play. Subjective much?

When it's a choice between release date and quality Rockstar chooses quality. Games released with bugs and missing content because the publisher was hard-assed about the release date are just annoying. The player is going to feel ripped off if a game sucks, not if they can't buy it as soon as they hoped.

scotland4life

This is why I hate developers announcing release dates months and months in advance. Only when it's *this* close to completion should a date be announced. I'd be prepared to bet everything I own that GTA V will be delayed somehow.

Original Light

Rockstar just said to comments:

"While we’re glad that there’s so much ongoing enthusiasm and excitement here for GTAV, understand that further info and details about the game will only come in due time when we are ready to talk and show more.

However, for those of you crossing the line with abusive language and behavior here, or calling for a boycott of Rockstar or other such nonsense – be advised, you will have your commenting privileges revoked.

Everyone else, just hang tight and thanks for your patience!

Rockstar Games"

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/arti...-v-trailer.html

it'll come come out later this year or earlier next year as it'll fall within the fiscal year 2013 which ends about march 2013, which max payne was delayed as well...end of discussion op

"While we�re glad that there�s so much ongoing enthusiasm and excitement here for GTAV, understand that further info and details about the game will only come in due time when we are ready to talk and show more.

However, for those of you crossing the line with abusive language and behavior here, or calling for a boycott of Rockstar or other such nonsense � be advised, you will have your commenting privileges revoked.

Rockstar Games"

In other words they're basically saying that they don't expect people to get angry even though THEY are the ones who refuse to release info. Do I sense some kind of contradiction here?

G1T

"While we�re glad that there�s so much ongoing enthusiasm and excitement here for GTAV, understand that further info and details about the game will only come in due time when we are ready to talk and show more.

However, for those of you crossing the line with abusive language and behavior here, or calling for a boycott of Rockstar or other such nonsense � be advised, you will have your commenting privileges revoked.

Rockstar Games"

In other words they're basically saying that they don't expect people to get angry even though THEY are the ones who refuse to release info. Do I sense some kind of contradiction here?

because boycotting like that is inmature some people nowadays lack patience, cant these guys wait a few months?, its not like its gonna come out ten years later. just play some other games and am not against boycotting as long as its reasonable

Rockstar Games"

No, they are basicly telling people to stop being retarded as f*ck.

Yl8KS.jpg

Rockstar Games"

because boycotting like that is inmature some people nowadays lack patience, cant these guys wait a few months?, its not like its gonna come out ten years later. just play some other games and am not against boycotting as long as its reasonable

How about just release some damn info while we're waiting? Do these companies not have common courtesy anymore? They seem just totally surprised that people *gasp!* are actually getting irritated with them.

G1T

Rockstar Games"

No, they are basicly telling people to stop being retarded as f*ck.

Lol yet in a more polite way. It's just a game yet people on there newswire are acting like spoiled children. I thought these forums were bad lol

Rockstar Games"

How about just release some damn info while we're waiting? Do these companies not have common courtesy anymore? They seem just totally surprised that people *gasp!* are actually getting irritated with them.

truth is you wait for it or you dont but there will be info soon its part of the marketing, just go get your mind on something else once in awhile wink.gif

Edited by leyja

Delay means better

The more a game is delayed, the better it usually is. FACT!

CookPassBabtridge
Delay means better

Not fact. The majority of delays are down to overunning a schedule, or bugs. It's not to wedge in magical new features for fun and kudos points.

Delay means better

Not fact. The majority of delays are down to overunning a schedule, or bugs. It's not to wedge in magical new features for fun and kudos points.

However; when a game gets delayed, it usually comes out better.

Harwood Butch3r

When it's a choice between release date and quality Rockstar chooses quality.  Games released with bugs and missing content because the publisher was hard-assed about the release date are just annoying.  The player is going to feel ripped off if a game sucks, not if they can't buy it as soon as they hoped.

Agreed. Honestly I'm glad GTA IV was delayed the extra 6 months. I mean bugs and glitches are just a normal thing when it comes to games, but R*'s games are typically better than most IMO in terms of overall quality of the product.

I'd rather wait an extra few months for a far more polished and refined game than a game obviously pushed out as quickly as possible lacking polish in the process.

Mr Bubbleguts

If it's made by Rockstar it will be delayed, except for LA Noire lol. RDR was delayed , GTA IV delayed, GTA V delayed, My grandmother delayed... You get the drift

G1T

LoveMediaExecutive

In this current generation of games you have to expect more and more delays, while we have more advanced and sophisticated tech than the previous gen of consoles and can have larger and more detailed games because of said tech but the downside is of course you are likely to have more bugs that can be gamekillers, bugs that might have been passible in previous gen games could outright kill a game this gen because of the higher level of detail and the higher sensitivity to problems of the consoles themselves, for GTA it's even worse because of the large amounts of data these games have and it would take a lot more rigorous testing to locate bugs than other games, it's just something we have to put up with if we want higher quality games, not saying I like it myself and am not miffed about the wait for more info but it's not like it's going to change things that I'm not pleased with the wait as well, at the very least I'm happy I'm still getting Max Payne 3 this year but sympathize with those who feel a bit burnt by all this.

Delay = Beeter. Diddnt you play Duke Nukem forever? Take two really know how to handle releases, trust them. Duke Nukem forever took a long time to come out and its the greatest game ever!

GET OVER 1 BILLION IN GTA ONLINE WITH THIS GLITCH

Join the best of the best. Join the Republic of Zee.http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/zeegtaforums

Add me on Xbox: ZeeGTAForums and PS3: mtkgta420

The Continuing Adventures of Zeehttp://www.youtube.com/ZeeGTAForums

http://www.twitch.tv/zeegtaf

Deji is a coward.

When it's a choice between release date and quality Rockstar chooses quality.  Games released with bugs and missing content because the publisher was hard-assed about the release date are just annoying.  The player is going to feel ripped off if a game sucks, not if they can't buy it as soon as they hoped.

Agreed. Honestly I'm glad GTA IV was delayed the extra 6 months. I mean bugs and glitches are just a normal thing when it comes to games, but R*'s games are typically better than most IMO in terms of overall quality of the product.

I'd rather wait an extra few months for a far more polished and refined game than a game obviously pushed out as quickly as possible lacking polish in the process.

This I can accept delays in GTA for quality reasons, but delays in Max Payne that cause less GTA news just pisses me off.