Save file

Raptomex

Is there a save file created for the first 2 GTAs? If so can someone please tell me where they are located?

GTA2 saves in your gta2 folder\player\

If GTA2 is in program files and you are using Vista/Win7 with write permissions disabled then the save will be written to the virtual folder path.

GTA1 doesn't really save your game but it saves your names, highscores and levels you have unlocked to gta1 folder\gtadata\player_a.dat

I'm not sure where to download 100% complete saves.

GTA2 saves in your gta2 folder\player\

If GTA2 is in program files and you are using Vista/Win7 with write permissions disabled then the save will be written to the virtual folder path.

GTA1 doesn't really save your game but it saves your names, highscores and levels you have unlocked to gta1 folder\gtadata\player_a.dat

I'm not sure where to download 100% complete saves.

Thanks. I just want to back up my saves.

If using Vista/Win7 with UAE enabled, it might be in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA2\player\

Replace username with your Windows username.

Edited by Sektor

• 6 months later...

So you have to complete the missions in one sitting? I imagine at least complete them until you get to the next city.

The Audiophile Thread

LG 32GN650-B | TESORO Gram XS | PRO X Superlight 2 | Xbox Elite v2 | JBL Tune 720BT | Truthear Hexa

i7 4790K 4.4 GHz | RTX 4070 | 32 GB Crucial DDR3 | ADATA 256GB | Samsung 860 PRO 2TB

Xbox | Xbox 360 | Xbox Series X | PS2 | PS3 | Google Pixel 6 Pro | Fanatec CSL DD McLaren GT3 V2

The missions are divided into 6 parts. It only saves (permanently unlocks the next level) when you finish one of those parts.

Liberty City Level 1

Liberty City Level 2

San Andreas Level 1

San Andreas Level 2

Vice City Level 1

Vice City Level 2

• 2 years later...