Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,741 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
GentlemanSquid

The Recession

GentlemanSquid

As I am from the UK I am not familiar with the politics and financial side of the US. Seeing this is one of the major themes of GTAV, won't it date the game very quickly if the recession ends as it comes out?

Zee

Absolutely. Hopefully the game won't focus on it too much.

CookPassBabtridge

Well it's not looking like ending in 2012, so not really.

GTA_La_Costra_Nostra

Yea, exactly. The economic situation in the U.S might still be around when GTA 6 comes out

A White CJ

Given that our recession will turn into a global depression on an even greater scale than the '30s, I'd say no.

SocalZHP

YEah what these guys said^. The recession isn't ending anytime soon. I doubt the U.S. economy will ever be what it was a decade ago.

UZJ100GXR

i think it will involve aspects of the recession .

mediocore

It won't date it too bad. The world is going to end in December anyways...

pez555

i dont think it will matter as we can probably expect extra DLC in the style of TLAD and TBoGT with different story lines which may/may not include aspects of recession.

money is the least of my worries when playing GTA anyway (personally).

sharpshooter_08

The question is well we be able to buy gta6 we will be in a deprestion by then icon13.gif

super_slav

Yea, exactly. The economic situation in the U.S might still be around when GTA 6 comes out

When GTA 6 comes out USA will already be gone lol.

JoshGTAfreak

It will be set in the the year it's released, so no. Even if we do get out of the recession soon, the game will still be set in a time that suffered from it.

mikkenugent
It will be set in the the year it's released, so no. Even if we do get out of the recession soon, the game will still be set in a time that suffered from it.

Exactly every GTA is dated by choice! Lets say period pieces if u will.

Cole Phelps Gta

As stupid as it sounds in the big scheme of things. I'll be really pissed of if the world ends before this game drops confused.gif

CookPassBabtridge

As stupid as it sounds in the big scheme of things. I'll be really pissed of if the world ends before this game drops confused.gif

How can you be pissed off when youre dead?..............

skillz7855

Those movies that show a run down America in the Future is probably whats going to happen because of this recession.

senor_huevos_benedicto

The recession won't end if it is released.

Plus I remember some dialogue in the Ballad of Gay Tony about the recession, and if it's implemented like that then it won't age the game, it was very seamless.

TrialzGTAS

Well if you refer to the GTA IV trailer #1, it seems like Niki was actually going to forget his pass by living the American Dream.

In GTA V trailer, seems like the narrator is going to love in the primetime of Los Santos, but by the looks, looks like its going to be a "riches to rags, to riches" theme.

Coral_City

I love how everyone assumes that the recession will be a major focus of the game, I'm hoping it won't be. Contrary to what's been spread through the forums like raw sewage, a big chunk of the GTA IV and its DLC's (radio, story, dialogue) already focused on the recession and made fun of the bankers and the sorts. It's complete bullsh*t, in my humble f*cking opinion. No need for Rockstar to beat a dead horse, amirite?

Staten
I love how everyone assumes that the recession will be a major focus of the game, I'm hoping it won't be. Contrary to what's been spread through the forums like raw sewage, a big chunk of the GTA IV and its DLC's (radio, story, dialogue) already focused on the recession and made fun of the bankers and the sorts. It's complete bullsh*t, in my humble f*cking opinion. No need for Rockstar to beat a dead horse, amirite?

As far as I remember, the only time the recession was directly mentioned was in a few references in TBoGT. Besides, it looks like V will focus on the effects of recession, based on the switch between high-life and low in the trailer.

Dick Valor

What's wrong with a dated GTA? VC and SA were dated. I like that V will always be L.A. 2012. One day, it may feel retro and all the old school fans will praise its atmosphere like they still do for VC/SA.

Also, the recession theme is something every one can relate to, and it's great for empire building due to all the foreclosures and failed businesses. I hope the recession is the main focus and your criminal empire saves LS from the recession.

Coral_City
What's wrong with a dated GTA? VC and SA were dated. I like that V will always be L.A. 2012. One day, it may feel retro and all the old school fans will praise its atmosphere like they still do for VC/SA.

Also, the recession theme is something every one can relate to, and it's great for empire building due to all the foreclosures and failed businesses. I hope the recession is the main focus and your criminal empire saves LS from the recession.

Dating back to the 1990s or 1980s is a great thing. Dating back 4-5 years is pretty unimaginative.

Staten
What's wrong with a dated GTA?  VC and SA were dated.  I like that V will always be L.A. 2012.  One day, it may feel retro and all the old school fans will praise its atmosphere like they still do for VC/SA. 

Also, the recession theme is something every one can relate to, and it's great for empire building due to all the foreclosures and failed businesses.  I hope the recession is the main focus and your criminal empire saves LS from the recession.

Dating back to the 1990s or 1980s is a great thing. Dating back 4-5 years is pretty unimaginative.

Unless you think V is being released in 2017, I don't see how you think R* is doing this.

Static94

When GTA 6 comes out USA will already be gone lol.

What makes you say that?

Coral_City
What's wrong with a dated GTA?  VC and SA were dated.  I like that V will always be L.A. 2012.  One day, it may feel retro and all the old school fans will praise its atmosphere like they still do for VC/SA. 

Also, the recession theme is something every one can relate to, and it's great for empire building due to all the foreclosures and failed businesses.  I hope the recession is the main focus and your criminal empire saves LS from the recession.

Unless you think V is being released in 2017, I don't see how you think R* is doing this.

Maybe 3-4 years is what I was aiming for. The recession happened between '07-'10... not that it's over, but it definitely is old.

Staten

Maybe 3-4 years is what I was aiming for. The recession happened between '07-'10... not that it's over, but it definitely is old.

It may be relatively old, but the effects are still being felt all too vividly and, if speculations are to be believed, it's going to get worse this coming year.

Jeeebuuus

We are not going to see major improvement in the economy in 2012 I would imagine. And if by some miracle we do, then GTA V will serve as a historical rememberance of the past 4 years. It will still be relevant for years to come.

73duster

I could'nt have said it better myself! VC and San Andreas were based on specific themes that some may find VERY dated, however, i DON'T. Those games have'nt lost any replay value for me. There have been multiple recessions throughout american history, so it may in fact be the most relatable GTA to date. If you enjoyed Vice City, then there is'nt really any reason to find GTAV to be "too dated" to enjoy.

Gtaman_92

I think the recession will be mention but hopfully it wont effect the game to much.

Nem_Wan

The fact that GTA is set in an increasingly fictional U.S. helps avoid the game being too dated. Almost everything is renamed and exaggerated enough to become somewhat timeless. The Jingoism Act may be inspired by the USA PATRIOT Act but it's not the same and it could have happened any year. In GTA IV the President of the United States was Joe Lawton who may have some things in common with George W. Bush but not others. If something is done well it doesn't get stale it becomes classic.