Car Saving Feature?

MACCHUU1

Should there be a car saving feature?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a car saving feature?

• Great Idea
    • Not Very Realistic, but OK
    • What We Have Already is Better
    • Horrible Idea

Remember in IV where you had this one of a kind infernus or comet, and you park it in the save spot they give you. But then you have a massive gunfight that ended up at your safehouse, and you accidentally blew up your cars, now there is no way to get them back. Im sure that pissed off a lot of people including myself. Wouldn't it be cool if once you save your cars, they cannot be removed unless you replace them with another car. Something like Mafia II or Saints Row 3. Vote which choice you think is the best and discuss it too.

Saints Row 3's garage

user posted image

Mafia II's garage

user posted image

GTA_La_Costra_Nostra

I think the parking space like in GTA IV or the garages in GTA SA were fine. I barely drive any of the cars I keep anyway, and the ones I do drive I always drive them back to the parking spot

I liked the car feature from SR2 and SR3. I could store as many cars as i want. In gta IV, you could only store cars on that crappy parking space, and storing cars on there is a bad idea cause there poorly placed. I stored the rare GTA IV infernus and i come to find it gone and a taxi parked there, cause some dumb fool taxi driver pushed it.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

I like GTA and Saints Row

This is a feature the GTA series has needed for years. GTA IV actually borrowed a few things from the first Saints Row, and to be honest I was surprised this feature wasn't one of them. GTA V really should get on board and implement this feature. Being able to store a large selection of vehicles and choose which one you want out of your garage is a really good thing. It's not even just the ability to have tons of vehicles at your disposal quickly and easily. It actually makes car customisation worth something. If car customisation is returning then this feature is a necessity. In San Andreas it was pointless customising your car because you couldn't even save it! Well you could, but then as soon as you take it out of your garage and destroy it, it's gone. Saving your vehicles in your garage permanently is a way better system. Even if you have to pay a little repair fee for vehicles you took out and destroyed.

This is a feature the GTA series has needed for years. GTA IV actually borrowed a few things from the first Saints Row, and to be honest I was surprised this feature wasn't one of them. GTA V really should get on board and implement this feature. Being able to store a large selection of vehicles and choose which one you want out of your garage is a really good thing. It's not even just the ability to have tons of vehicles at your disposal quickly and easily. It actually makes car customisation worth something. If car customisation is returning then this feature is a necessity. In San Andreas it was pointless customising your car because you couldn't even save it! Well you could, but then as soon as you take it out of your garage and destroy it, it's gone. Saving your vehicles in your garage permanently is a way better system. Even if you have to pay a little repair fee for vehicles you took out and destroyed.

I defo agree with this, yes it's not very realistic but that doesn't bother me at all. I find in GTA IV that I hardly ever drive my special cars because I'm too worried about destroying them, so just end up jacking something off the street instead... I loved SR3 for the fact that even if I blew up my favourite vehicle, it would be back in the garage again when I next returned to my house. I know some people will disagree, but I personally would love it if R* adopted this for GTA V icon14.gif

Edited by Mr Podge

I loved it in Mafia 2 how it really felt like it was your car. I liked how small scatches and the dirt would stay on the car until you took action. Since money is a big theme in V, there hould definitely be more focus on car ownership and use of dealers.

I was at first just hoping for the old garage saving to return like in previous GTA games. I never liked parking spaces because they really were poorly placed; taxis knocking my cars out of their spot like mentioned, and also for whatever reason my bikes would always spawn further and further away from the curb each time I'd pass by. Eventually causing my bike to spawn in the middle of the street and out of its save spot entirely. Parking spaces were just a bad idea, so I hope they don't return.

But after giving it some thought, I'm starting to like SR's and Mafia's saving system more and more. It just sounds much more convenient and all around better. Even if this doesn't get used in GTA V, I hope by all means they bring back garage saving, at least.

I agree, it should definitely be there. Yeah, it's unrealistic but so is a magic auto-repairing garage. Especially if car customization is back, because SA didn't save cars permanently I ended up not using my custom cars at all.

Problemses?

It'd be nice if it's there, but I wouldn't be bothered if it wasn't. If they had spawn points or a phone number for unique vehicles, as in TBoGT, I'd like that.

Triple Vacuum Seal

I wish the cars ALWAYS respawned when blown up in there space like they were supposed to do. I don't like the SR and Mafia model of car storage because even though it's okay with wardrobes, it's too arcade like for cars. If there is enough demand for this within the fanbase, then I wouldn't protest it all for my personal preference, I would just hope for an option.

GARAGES in the previous GTAs solved this problem of car vulnerability. After all, that's what garages are for to a degree in real life. I would be shocked to see a return in the parking space only approach to saving cars.

I like the car saving feature, yes.

It's really annoying when you save these gorgeous, powerful cars, but you can't drive them around or use them in missions because if you do, you'll most likely end up losing them. FOREVER

I like those garages in GTA III - you stole every single car (and the Dodo) available for them, and after you're finished, they let you get any car whenever you want.

Rockstar20124

Anytime I see someone post about Mafia II's garage, I can't help but think of this and lmao  biggrin.gif

That was pretty hilarious biggrin.gif The mechanic running away. Joe saying "f*ck, that was close" lol.gif

Anyway, like most people here I also want this in GTA V. I want my Feltzer convertible, Infernus and Sultan RS available whenever I want without worrying it will explode during a mission or be gone because some taxi crashed in to it while I was away from my safehouse and those too small parking places. A damn shame those cars can't be spawned with cheats as well sad.gif

Anytime I see someone post about Mafia II's garage, I can't help but think of this and lmao  biggrin.gif

That was pretty hilarious biggrin.gif The mechanic running away. Joe saying "f*ck, that was close" lol.gif

That's great..! lol.gif

I think there definitely need's to be some more parking area's for our car's or some kind of unlimited car mechanic like Saint's Row or Mafia considering I believe that car customization in V is very likely... tounge.gif

i likeddd in Mafia II where they had like a show room of all the vehicles in the game.

it would be pretty cool in GTA V to have something like that, or make a show room where you could buy any car that is in the game.

Good idea.. But its unrealistic so i voted  ' what we have is already better '

Yeah. Because everyone knows that video games should have no conveniences or anything that would help us escape from reality rather than beat our faces with it. Why not also make it so there's no warping on the taxis so you have to sit through the whole ride every time you use one?

I don't care that the garage would be unrealistic. It's convenient and intuitive and makes storing your favorite stolen rides less of a chore. That, and I'd be able to store more than one car at a time.

Triple Vacuum Seal

Why not just have more bigger garages and show rooms? I like the satisfaction of seeing my multiple cars parked in a garage or driveway on my property.

A scrolling list of your car inventory kind of defeats the purpose of using your house garage to access this feature in the first place. Your cars might as well each be a spawnable selection from your cell phone.

*the aircraft hangar in GTASA not allowing more than 30+ cars was ridiculous because that thing was huge*

Guys may I remind you that this is Grand Theft Auto? While saints row & friends may have convienient features like that, keep in mind that those games are a whole different type of gameplay.

GTA aims for realism. they want you to steal, maybe even buy your vehicles. Having an almighty vehicle that always respawns for a fee would seem cool, but it would ruin the atmosphere.

Look around. You see amazingly detailed pedestrians and landscape. Then you blow the sh*t out of your Comet, go to your garage and you have it again. Like, NO! It just ruins the whole damn aspect of Realism!

Guys may I remind you that this is Grand Theft Auto? While saints row & friends may have convienient features like that, keep in mind that those games are a whole different type of gameplay.

GTA aims for realism. they want you to steal, maybe even buy your vehicles. Having an almighty vehicle that always respawns for a fee would seem cool, but it would ruin the atmosphere.

Look around. You see amazingly detailed pedestrians and landscape. Then you blow the sh*t out of your Comet, go to your garage and you have it again. Like, NO! It just ruins the whole damn aspect of Realism!

Not all things in GTA are meant to be realistic. For example, do you want to have to brush your teeth in the morning, or your game is unavailable for 9 hours because you saved the game? Of course though, realism always makes the game better, but not that much realism.

I think this feature should be featured, since the taxis bumping your car got really annoying, not to mention it's more easier to manage your cars.

Why not just have more bigger garages and show rooms? I like the satisfaction of seeing my multiple cars parked in a garage or driveway on my property.

A scrolling list of your car inventory kind of defeats the purpose of using your house garage to access this feature in the first place. Your cars might as well each be a spawnable selection from your cell phone.

*the aircraft hangar in GTASA not allowing more than 30+ cars was ridiculous because that thing was huge*

Agreed, I would say that having upgrades for garages and car storage areas such as when you have enough money you can buy a car lift so that you can have 2 cars in the same spot... they could bring back the hangers and park as many cars as you can fit!! lol Plus since this GTA is about the almighty dollar then when we get to the point that we have millions, would be cool to be able to buy a parking garage

Triple Vacuum Seal

Plus since this GTA is about the almighty dollar then when we get to the point that we have millions, would be cool to be able to buy a parking garage

This too:^:

the game is called Grand Theft Auto, it's about stealing cars not collecting them

Then how come there are missions in all of the GTAs which require you to collect cars for someone? lol

In GTAIV i always liked to drive black oracle on missions, but somehow it always get destroyed or dont respawn after cutscenes, so then i had to look for another oracle, but i got tired. So it is good idea, not very realistic, but it is a game and this feuture would be good. This and being able to select spray paint for you car.

user posted image

Triple Vacuum Seal
the game is called Grand Theft Auto, it's about stealing cars not collecting them

who ever said you couldn't do both. your logic makes no sense. that's just like saying i can't eat sandwiches because i make them.

Ridiculous post. Please go and play GTA IV. If you think that game is even remotely close to what real life is like, I strongly suggest you seek professional help. Realism should NEVER take priority over a useful/convienient gameplay features and options. In real life when you go on a rampage and kill tons of cops and civilians and destroy tons of cars, two things will happen. One of those is that you'll be shot dead. In which case you won't respawn at the nearest hospital! The second possibility is that you get arrested. Unlike GTA there's no way in hell they'll let you back on the streets! By your logic if we die in GTA the game should be over, and if we get arrested we should have to serve time in jail and go to court. I'm pretty sure it's unrealistic to carry like 8 weapons in your back pocket. In real life you cant eat a hotdog to heal a gunshot wound. I could go on and on like this. The realism excuses people use for lacking useful gameplay features is absolute bullcrap.

Still when I see posts like these I really have to hand it to Rockstar. It really is amazing how brilliant their marketing is. The way the marketing for GTA IV makes people actually believe GTA IV was super realistic is just....wow.

I think it's a great idea. I mean, in most of the cases, when you complete a missions with a specific vehicle, you have to leave it somewhere, so you could continue on foot, which is necessary. And even if not, you find yourself blowing your vehicle in a shoot out, or badly damaging it, forcing you to leave it, so you could continue with the mission. You're very right, the script should be built like SR3 or Mafia 2, totally.

Its called Grand Theft Auto, not Grand Theft Garage!

Its called Grand Theft Auto, not Grand Theft Garage!

It's called Grand Theft Auto, not Grand Theft Money! It's called Grand Theft Auto, not Grand Theft Guns! See the flaw in this logic?