4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

[REL|SA] GTA San Andreas .LOD Mod

BLlTZ

Objects and parts of map disappear here

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Same bug was somewhere in the LV, but I forgot to take some screenshots of it. And what is strange...these disappearance is not always show up.

Same bug was somewhere in the LV, but I forgot to take some screenshots of it. And what is strange...these disappearance is not always show up.

Yeah, I get that too .. pretty much everywhere .. Thats why I stay low to the ground tounge.gif

Objects and parts of map disappear here

Oh, that's something I didn't see until now. Never happend to be, but sure I will check this out with Jetpack.

Oh, no, no. Don't get confused. When you make .LOD, you don't need to make .LOD textures anymore - Eh, I wanted to sound like an commerial advertisement. Is best to download it from here, though.

Ok so i download the .LOD Mod from here instead of using the one in SRT Mipmap folder biggrin.gif

Edit: after click on the install look

• DON'T USE this mod for Srt3. It will f*ck up your entire game.

• Go to the Official Srt3 Thread and download the DLC from there.

I'm afraid to use it will using SRT now, i don't want my entire game to be f*ckED UP!

Another question, what is dynamic.col in SRT Folder, it is incompatible with PO 2010 for SA:MP?

Thank for u response BLITZ biggrin.gif

Edited by HPro

I remember that it had few barrels .COL conversion by ParoXum from CS Source for Ghostown Paradise, but he added them here as well.

The difference between this .LOD and SRt3 .LOD is that, they are the same, the small difference is that is patch1.1 for Srt3.LOD contains textures as well. So is better to download from here.

Oh good but SRT still got alot and alot of textures problem everywhere.

When i use your SRT with IV-LS 90%, there some crash in Grove Street because of the some texture incompability.

There is any way for you to give me SRT last update without changing anything in Los Santos? Thank you.

Or any way to make it compatible with IV-LS 90% Textures.

Sincerely,

What kind of last update you are talking about ? You refer to the patch ? Check out Moddb page.

What kind of last update you are talking about ? You refer to the patch ? Check out Moddb page.

U don't understand.

I want SRT without LS for make it not crash with IV-LS 90%...

• 3 weeks later...
It was a discussion based on memory512.cs, but fastman came with an argument later to methodunderg that what he did first time wasn't stable, that he needs to make another memory512.cs based on the new codes, something even though everyone is using the previews including me, but suddenly It seems that I get the flick-grey-texture-disappearing if you look at the ground like in STREAM or SALA. I don't know why, but it seems that adding trees is causing this to happend on different angles if you are at top buildings, plus if you look down too much, game crashes.

I wish that somebody to make a new .cs based on the update codes that fastman was talking about. He posted somewhere around here or in SRT3. I want to see if on this one I will encounter this as well.

I got dat f*cking grey-texture problem how to fix it?

Yeah.

Go to R* and tell why they left these issue into the game engine. This is the cause.

• 4 weeks later...

Sure, is somewhere around here, few good pages back. Someone else did it, though.

Yep, that's the one. From here everything started, however the links have expired and either don't have it. From his last activity/post that goes back to 2011 I don't think he will come back very soon.

I'm also interested into GTA III for the very reason that his version holds some unsolved bugs where I really want to take a look and see what's inside. I'm curious what are the cause of those bugs to exist.

Oh, download links expired... Anyway, thanks for information guys! smile.gif

More offtopic: I'm just searching for good quality mods for III cause I'd like to come back to this game and as I can see GTA III HD will never be released blush.gif

Edited by Dragonji

• 3 weeks later...

BLITZ, Marty said that this mod can cause random crashes at times, I'm using the non updated version (the one that came with the srt 2012) Is this true?

I have been getting random crashes lately, I have a few cleos which are quality scripts and don't think they can cause it, every car and place on the map loads without a crash (so it's a random crash) I have added cars and seperate IMG files for cars, do you think the crash might be because of your mod?

Edited by Nori Yaro

I thought that you people guys knew already that when you do a massive or drastic changes into a game is normal to crash at some point of unknown time, somewhere, counting the extra mods that are going to be used after that. Even from the original SA game you will get crashes, like any other game that exist, right ? I consider this very logical and believe me, by the modding rules that I followed, it suggest that is in mint condition, perfect stable mod that I've made so far. Sure, if you want you are aware that the crashes might come from my mods, is good to know for yourself, but I've done my best, nothing is perfect. Also either me, you or anyone else can change/fix that. I got too crashes, sometimes, on my 10GB SA.

Did you download the patch for Srt3 version ? Before that, members where reporting crashes due to some unfixed mipmaps.

Edited by -BLITZ-

I thought that you people guys knew already that when you do a massive or drastic changes into a game is normal to crash at some point of unknown time, somewhere, counting the extra mods that are going to be used after that. Even from the original SA game you will get crashes, like any other game that exist, right ? I consider this very logical and believe me, by the modding rules that I followed, it suggest that is in mint condition, perfect stable mod that I've made so far. Sure, if you want you are aware that the crashes might come from my mods, is good to know for yourself, but I've done my best, nothing is perfect. Also either me, you or anyone else can change/fix that. I got too crashes, sometimes, on my 10GB SA.

Did you download the patch for Srt3 version ? Before that, members where reporting crashes due to some unfixed mipmaps.

I know about original crashes and I'm not blaming you it's an awesome mod, I asked the guys at the enb topic if they get crashes and they said they don't and I wonder why my sa crashes from times. Which patch are you talking about? I use the one that comes from SRT 2012.

Is there a problem with vertex color on Big Ear. I'm not sure to what you refer. Screens, something ?

Is there a problem with vertex color on Big Ear. I'm not sure to what you refer. Screens, something ?

You said there was some problem with the vertex lighting and the bug can't be fixed. I posted screenshots in the SRT thread.

I haven't said anything like that. Your image was damaged. Read this again and you never answered after that. Please, if you really want help, do it right.

f*ck this, I'm drunk - no, I'm not, I'm actually very tired.

You right, Urh, if you read again what we talked back then and with my answers that are correct, why do you chase me back with something that is normal to be ? Why do you consider to be a bug even now.

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtop...entry1061569773

Another conclusion is that, the night vertex color or reflexion over objects will cause some disco-effects colors over great distances especially for massive objects, since it was made only for small visual distances C.J. on foot, but since I took the entire object with all his fancy little effects, there is no boundries on LOD. Reflection/Vertex - same thing; same effects, if I import them in 3DMAX, I cannot export them anymore and then it will look like crap 2xtimes more than how is looking now. There is no bug here, I just expand their effects that you could see them even behind this universe and I cannot minimaze them.

Please don't bring this subject back again, I hope is clear. I just don't see any problem with Big Ear.

Please tell me, is this your problem ? This is how you see Big Ear ?

user posted image user posted image

Edited by -BLITZ-

• 2 weeks later...

18631, 18632, 18633, 18634, 18635, 18636, since there are only six new objects.

You still haven't answer to what I wrote above.