What family members have you lost?

A loaded rifle

My heart goes too all of you that lost someone.

When I was 8, I lost my Auntie on my mums side. I remember coming home to my mum sat in the front room, and I thought I was in trouble. She told me that she had died. I can't remember expressing any emotion when my mum told me, because I didn't really understand. Looking back now I feel really heartless. But I do miss her.

I also lost a grandad on my mums side, but it happened before I was born.

I hope too meet him at somepoint in the afterlife

I had my great grandparents on my dad's dad's side die at the age of 9 and that's about it. I was fairly close to them to be honest, used to visit them every other week. Great grandma was a native Gaelic speaker from some island off the coast of Scotland with my great granddad being a WW2 RAF pilot who I kind of idolized in a way.

I wasn't overly sad since before their deaths I had come to terms that dying was certain to come one day for everyone and you're never going to see them again; no point in being too bothered. Not to mention that by the time they died they had already lost their minds to sh*t like dementia so they weren't even the same people.

I technically have 3 grandmas and 5 granddads, all of whom are still alive; some I wish weren't. I only see my dad's side whilst the other side is a complicated mess of relation adoptions, remarriages and child abusers. Jesus I'm not even going to bother, especially since it's not even related to the topic.

Harwood Butch3r

Wont mention all as it goes back over 20+ years, so I'll only go far back as 2005.

2005. Pop. Cancer. Mum's side.

2006: Grand dad. Cancer. Dad's side.

2008: Uncle. Cancer. Mum's side.

2008: Cousin. Suicide. Mum's side.

2009: Uncle. Cancer. Mum's side.

As you can see in a 4 year period I was hit pretty hard. My cousin's death rocked me. He hung himself and because he was only a couple of years older than me it took a long time for the pain to ease.

I'm real sorry to hear that, Miami, especially about your cousin. My brother, he chose that way out. It'll be 2 years in March. I was the last in my family to see him before he did it, he just said he was going to bed, so I told him good night. Then a while later a couple officers knock on my door, they told me that he got hit by a train. That night will always be burned into my memory.

I'm sorry for your other losses too, it's never an easy thing to go through.

I lost my Elder brother in a Car accident when I was 14. I have never seen my Maternal Grandparents. They died before my mom was married.

HI I'M JIMMY, I'M NOT WELCOME ON

GTAFORUMS BUT I CAN'T LET IT GO, SOMETIMES I CRY MYSELF TO SLEEP!

:(

Harwood Butch3r
I'm real sorry to hear that, Miami, especially about your cousin. My brother, he chose that way out. It'll be 2 years in March. I was the last in my family to see him before he did it, he just said he was going to bed, so I told him good night. Then a while later a couple officers knock on my door, they told me that he got hit by a train. That night will always be burned into my memory.

That's terrible Sonny. sad.gif

Death of a loved one is never easy as you said.

Wow. I hope you and your family are still going strong. Suicide is a confusing thing to go through for families.

Did you notice anything different about him leading up to it? Did the way he said he was going to bed sound unusual in anyway? If you don't want to answer I understand.

(Grandfather's side):

Great grandfather was assasinated somewhere in early 1950s

Great grandmother died from stroke in 1960s

(Grandmother's side):

Great grandfather died in Guerilla warfare same in 1950s

Great grandmother died from brain cancer in 1999.

(Father's side)

Grandmother died from breast cancer.(The day i was born)

G1T

I lost my father to lung cancer back in 2009. He confided in me on my 18th birthday and told me that his illness was terminal and that my mother and siblings weren't to know until the day of his death. By the first anniversary of his passing, I'd lost both of my grandparents from his side as well.

universetwisters

my dad got shot down by the pigs when i was 9

it sucked

sTgL5iS.png

My grandfather in 97.

2 years ago an aunt of mine. Back when I was younger I used to be there all the time but didn't see much of her over the last couple of years.

At some point I got contacted by a friend bringing the news that she had died.

She had a new boyfriend, some small time dealer who was pulling her into his lifestyle.

And my aunt, who never used any of that kind of sh*t, died of an overdose of drugs and alcohol.

Turns out that she completely fell apart over the last couple of years.

She had a heart of pure gold, and always ready to help anyone out. One of the best persons I've ever met.

Strange how life goes...

great grandfather (Dad's side)- 1971

grandmother (Dad's side)- August 1981 due to heart complications from birth (6 years before I was born)

great grandmother (Dad's side)- 1990

great grandmother (Mom's side)- 1991

great-great aunt (Grandfather's side)- February 1996

great grandfather (Mom's side)- January 2000

great aunt (Mom's side)- October 2000 due to lung cancer

great grandmother (Dad's side)- October 2003

great-great aunt (Grandfather's side)- March 2004

great aunt (Mom's side)- May 2004

great uncle (Mom's side)- 2005

great uncle (Mom's side)- December 1, 2010

grandmother (Mom's side)- December 13, 2010

This list doesn't include the many relatives on my grandparent's sides of the family that passed away long before I was born. cryani.gif

vertical limit

My grandfather from my father, I never met him and I was named after him. He died in a car crash. As far as I know a semi driver lost control over the car and the car he was about to run was a family; a mother father and a child. So the driver decides to manoeuvre to the other side of the road were my grandfather, that car had his brothers in it as well and only one of them survived.

Relatives who I lost in this war.

In 1992 my half brother died (before I was born). In 1996 my brother and Great Grandmother (Mum's side) died. In 2004 and 2005 my Great Grandad (Mothers side) and Great Uncle (Dad's side) died. My Great Grandparents on my Dad's side died before I was born. Other than that I've been fairly lucky and my family are in good health. I Can't imagine losing a parent or grandparent.

Just grandparents from both sides. And my GG. She was 106, a week away from 107

Wish I got to know them personally. RIP you guys

user posted image

I lost my Nan in december because of stroke, she was only 68 years of age, so she didnt celebrate christmas with us :'(

In 2002, I lost my grandfather (god bless he served in WWII) due to a heart attack.

Just my grandfathers so far, I wish they were still alive today but I'm thankful more of my family members aren't dead.

I feel for all of you. Im currently watching my grandpa die from kidney/heart failure. The mans been like a father to me. My real dad beat my mom and tried to hang him self in front of me when I was 15 sad.gif...He was on hard drugs. After he failed to get the noose around his neck he stole my moms car and took off. He got arrested for evading arrest, assault on an officer and posestion of crack cocaine. He's still in prison to this day and my gramps has always been there for me even when my dad wasn't. But I need no simpathy. Im on my feet now and my dad getsout in 2013 Idk what ima say to him...

Granddad in '06, my 2 uncles (one from my mum and another from my dad) in '01 and '04, my mums (died in '04) we had alot of fun together, that year i only just got a mind XD, he was called Jerry. What was funny was that i'm called Ben, and he was called Jerry. Like the icecream XD, then i lost 2 other granddads. ATM my grandma is dating an actor, retired. Used to act in the 80's. Got a video of him at my grandma's house, he's a joker.

Good times.

With my latest granddad, who died in '06. We celebrated his final days on a HUGE yacht. Was awesome, took my mind off him, i think that was the reason we actually went on that trip, to forget about his cancer.

Well since you guys started this topic i wanted to tell you that the BlackProject's dad died about a week ago , you know the Iranian guy from Texas , and as for me my grandfather died in 2001.

Dad died because he was an alcoholic when I was 8, then my granddad died of old age, like 91 or something. Good long life.

On February 28, 2009, I lost my father to cancer. As I kid I always feared having to live through that day. Me and my father were very close, never wanted to see him go.

In the past 12 years I have lost a friend I went to school with, 4 cousins, 1 uncle last summer, 2 family friends, a someone who was like a sister to me, who I grew up around.

In 1997 I was 7 when my grandfather died of cancer. And my godfather died in 1998.

caprisig.jpg

maybe not the place to say it but apart from losing one aunt, a grandmother + grandad, I lost my dog today . we had to put her down after seven years with us. Its still not clear why but she was struggling to breathe and she was clearly suffering.

Sad to see people losing their beloved ones too early.

I lost my uncle, my grandmother from father's side and my grandfather from my father's side. Also, my grandfather from mother's side.

I lost BOTH my grandfather (in 2001) and grandmother (in 2005) From my mother's side.. Normal deaths. No diseases..

Edited by Gtaghost22

Lethal Nizzle

Whilst I've been alive I've lost my grandma and an awesome uncle to cancer, and my great-grandma died of natural causes at the ripe old age of 92.

Snake Without a Tongue

I've lost everyone except my mother and she's not looking too good.

The people I miss most -- my father and grandmother. Everyone else can rot. No wait, I had an aunt that I liked too.