What family members have you lost?

A loaded rifle

SlickSpencer8

Lost my mother when I was 16. She had a rare stomach cancer. On my birthday on Feb 23 when we went to the hospital they diagnose her that she had stomach cancer and she only lived for about 6 more months.

R.I.P Mom sad.gif

Edited by SlickSpencer8

A loaded rifle
Lost my mother when I ways 16. She had a rare stomach cancer. On my birthday on Feb 23 when we went to the hospital they diagnose her that she had stomach cancer and she only lived for about 6 more months.

R.I.P Mom sad.gif

I am so sorry to hear that.. sad.gif

I lost my uncle due to liver cirrhosis this past December..... Besides him the only death was my grandma before I was born.

I lost my grandmother to lung cancer in 2003, besides that none of my relatives have died when I've been alive.

One of the worst things to go through in life, yet one of the only things that is guaranteed in life.

Cowards die many times before their deaths;

The valiant never taste of death but once.

Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,

It seems to me most strange that men should fear;

Seeing that death, a necessary end,

Will come when it will come. (2.2.34)

Many..... But most before I was born. I'll just name the recent ones.

|My Grandfather (Dad's side of the family):

December, 2008.

Due to smoking, he got lung cancer

|My Grandfather (Mum's side of the family):

Late 2010, can't remember which month.

Cancer. Don't know which type.

|My Grandmother (Dad's side of the family):

June, 2011.

Lung Cancer. Caused by passive smoking.

|My Great-Grandmother (Mum's side of the family):

About a week ago

Just old-age. She was 92. She did smoke from 14-75 and the doctor said she probably would have made 100 if she didn't smoke.

Edited by KaRzY6

I have one grandparent left. I lost 3 of them within a few years of eachother. I also lost an uncle to suicide which was very hard for everyone in the family to cope with.

WbZaxRP.png

Sorry to hear about everyone's losses. I lost my cousin in 2007 in a car accident. It wasn't just some distant cousin; I grew up with him and it really messed me up for a while. I've thankfully been pretty lucky. My maternal grandfather isn't in great shape right now, but my paternal grandfather is 83 and still shovels his own snow, opens his own pool, does his own lawn, etc.

Great grandparents on my dad's side died long before I was born, don't remember what from...

Great grandfathers on my mom's dad's died of a heart attack a year before I was born...

Don't remember their names either...

On my mom's side...

Cousin died in a car crash in '94

Great grandpa Kenneth (name sake, mom's grandpa ) killed himself in '95

Great grandma Ester died of pneumonia in '96

My grandmother's husband ( step grandpa? ) died of cancer in '97

My grandma Sandy died in '98, unknown causes

Grandpa Jim died in '01 during open-heart surgery trying to replace his aorta

My dad's step-dad died of heart attack sometime around '03

His biological dad ( I never knew him ) died sometime around '05... Don't remember what from...

Mom died of an OD ( methadone, benzo, alcohol ) in '08

Dad died in 2010... Liver failure, kidney failure, OD, heart failure.... He got a weird blood infection while in stage 4 liver failure, OD'd and wound up in the hospital, then his kidneys started failing and he was in the ICU for about a month before we finally had to pull the plug.

QUOTE (K^2) ...not only is it legal for you to go around with a concealed penis, it requires absolutely no registration!

My Father, liver cancer - 2008. No one told me, specifically, that he was dying. Maybe I was in denial bout the whole thing. Maybe he was too. There are just so many things I wish I could have said and done.

My Grandfather, prostate cancer - 1995

My Aunt, bone marrow cancer - 2003

My Great Uncle, Parkinson's disease - 2005.

Not really a relative, but a close family friend, who was like an Aunt to me, died of kidney failure in 2006.

Both my Grandparents on my Father's side died before I was born. Also from cancer.

Nice to see the non-asshat side of GTAforums. I lost my grandma when I was 11. She died of some crappy disease that runs in my family. whatsthat.gif

My mother's parents are still alive and well; granted, for grandparents, they're relatively young - they're only 65 (grandmother) and 69 (grandfather). I see them more like parents, though, since they were the ones who raised me, so when their day comes, I'm not sure how I'll handle it. It won't be easy, I know that.

The most recent death was my great-grandmother (maternal grandmother's mother) back in March 2006. We were somewhat close (I was her oldest great-grandchild), so I was sad to see her go, but she was suffering from heart disease and a few other medical issues, so I was glad to see her go in the sense that she didn't have to actually suffer anymore.

I briefly remember her husband (great-grandfather), but he died in September 1993. My most "vivid" memory of him is that he always called me dog biscuit.

clEsyRO.gif

I have lost my grandmother who was every time with me, when my parents were at work, since I've been 5 months old. She died because of a double semi-paralysis, on that happened in August 2009 on the left side and the other in February 2010, on the right side. She died on February 18th, 2010, and the doctors said that it was more dangerous the second semi-paralysis because it was on the right side and it was opposite to the heart.

After that, several months I was all lonely, and seeing mom crying all day made me just lose my mind. It was terrible, I remember that even in very late April 2010 I still was in the period of nostalgia and loneliness. God, it's been almost two years since that, I can't believe it! sad.gif

Dead (Retired)

I haven't seen any of my grand fathers or mothers. 4 family member. Our family is really going in a deep loss. cryani.gif

Everytime think of Sucide but when I grow older, who will take care of my parents? Huh?

The time has fasten. I don't want to die. I don't know how it feels. Those brave soldiers who sacrificed their life...

This is too cryani.gif.

I wished, I could see me grand parents for once... FOR ONCE!! Do You hear me? FOR ONCE!

In house, when someone dies, The child is not told that he/she is dead. But, they say they have went to their parents... Who have passed away.

But the child is also smart enough that he/she hasn't went to their parents but the Ram, Allah, Jesus. sad.gif

Why did God made this system?

on my mother's side:

My grandfather of leukemia in 2004

Grandmother of stroke in 2009

Father's side:

Grandfather of natural causes in 2007

Grandmother of natural causes a few months ago

I miss them all ;(

I feel terrible for my grandmother on dad's side, she lived in England, and when we went to visit her in 2009 she said before we left: "Will I ever see you again?"

It aches my heart sad.gif

L71cGcK.png

I lost my grandmother to Senile Dementia when I was no more than a few years old. My grandfather passed away at the same time she did. I never really got to know my grandparents because they passed away so soon. sad.gif

Both of my grandfathers died about 5 years before I were born. My grandmother from dad's side died in '05 due to a cancer. My grandmother from mom's side is alive.

My grandmother's (dad's side) husband died in 2010 due to a cancer. He was like the third grandfather for me, and a very though loss, like these all confused.gif

I have lost my grandmother and grandfather on my fathers side, both of which I miss very much.

o6ifrl.png
Dreaming of California, where the sun never sets.

I lost my mum when I was 11, fell into a Coma suddenly when I was 10, about a month before my birthday. 2 months in the Coma then she passed away. She was 44.

I had a sister die 3 days after being born when I was about 3 but I never met her.

My uncle also died in October, sudden heart attack aged 47.

Its my Dad who I feel the worst for, in his life he's lost a wife, a daughter and a brother. The man is still the strongest guy I know, without trying to sound cliched that guy is my hero, if I can be half the man he is I'll be happy.

mIHXV.jpg

Only one of my grandfathers so far, which I'm thankful for (not that he died, but that the rest of my family still lives)

Strange thing is that he lived extremely healthy while my other grandfather has been on a couch for the last 40 years smoking and watching tv without moving.

A relative of mine died a few years back of cancer. I'd never actually met the guy or even heard of him until he died. A relative of my dads somewhere along the line. Other than that I've not lost any family members yet. Had two close calls last year with my grandfather, cancer and DDD. My grandfather on my mothers side has also had five heart attacks since his early sixties. Not lost any close relatives just yet though.

POm4xuo.png

My grandad died today, I went to the hospital a few hours before he died. He looked a shell of his former self. I barely recognised him, he used to be a fat jolly man. When I saw him lying there all skinny and looking like all the life had be sucked away from him I felt like he had already died. Well I have no more grandads left, didn't even get to meet my mum's dad. sad.gif

Sorry to hear that T.Rez. Grandfathers are great men. Better than fathers even.

The sad reality to loosing family members is eventually you start counting the ones still alive instead of counting the ones lost. I'm in the older crowed here so I'm pretty lucky that both my parents are still alive. I knew all of my grandparents and even my great grandparents, but they are long gone now.

From my father's side, I lost my grandfather. From my mother's side, I lost both grandparents and an uncle. I wasn't really close with any of them, we didn't see each other very often and I was quite young when they died.

The Audiophile Thread

LG 32GN650-B | TESORO Gram XS | DeathAdder V3 Pro | Xbox Elite v2 | JBL Tune 720BT | Truthear Hexa

i7 4790K 4.4 GHz | RTX 4070 | 32 GB Crucial DDR3 | ADATA 256GB | Samsung 860 PRO 2TB

Xbox | Xbox 360 | Xbox Series X | PS2 | PS3 | Google Pixel 6 Pro | Fanatec CSL DD McLaren GT3 V2

Both of my grandfathers have passed away and my other grandmother.

Never got to see my grandpa who passed away in '86. My another grandpa had a heart attack in '09.

Grandma passed away in '03.

Other ones are my aunt who had a heart attack week apart from my grandpa and my uncle who drowned little over ten years ago.

Another uncle of mine passed away few years ago.

Edited by Markwey

Los Santos Pedestrian

My grandfather on my mom's side died in 1996, right after my brother was born. My great-grandmother Theresa died in August 2004, when I was only five and she was 98. Finally, my uncle Dan died in June 2009.