Vigalante

seagull1971

Afternoon guys, another question not very important but curious all the same. I have completed the relatively easy 20 vigalante side missions and have noticed you can continue. Here's my question I have tried to do some more "just for fun" and to this stage have found it impossible to get to the target ahead of the timer, has anyone else experienced this ? Like I say they're not relevant anymore but I remain curious, besides it's good having things to do after you have completed the game.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Yes. I think you should get a faster car. Like an FIB buffalo, I dont know how long you could last with one or if they even have police computers but you could try to prolong how much you can play before you can't beat the timer

Jasper Petrol

The time is related to the distance to the crime. Choose a crime further away and you will have more time to get there.

Grand Theft Auto crimes are sometimes rolling, so your target is on the move. This can cause the timer to run out before you catch up to the criminals.

Don't rely on the GPS or green map route marker too heavily, it doesn't usually show the shortest route. Check the map and use shortcuts.

Stop looking at hookers along the way!

The time is related to the distance to the crime. Choose a crime further away and you will have more time to get there.

Grand Theft Auto crimes are sometimes rolling, so your target is on the move. This can cause the timer to run out before you catch up to the criminals.

Don't rely on the GPS or green map route marker too heavily, it doesn't usually show the shortest route. Check the map and use shortcuts.

Stop looking at hookers along the way!

With respect I was aware of the concept of the timer distance thing, I was merely making an observation that they seem more difficult once the regulation 20 had been done. My question was is this typical or just bespoke to me as a user ?

Many thanks for your feedback equally.

Just my two cents worth, but the GPS is not always the best thing to follow. If you have a suitable knowledge of the city, are willing to wrong-way drive and are willing to take dangerous risks, smash things and people out of your way (which is a bit heavy handed, I know) and even use unconventional shortcuts (such as leaping off of elevated road surfaces) you can shave valuable seconds off of your arrival time. That said, the timer issue is one that has literally driven me to distraction before now.

Just my two cents worth, but the GPS is not always the best thing to follow. If you have a suitable knowledge of the city, are willing to wrong-way drive and are willing to take dangerous risks, smash things and people out of your way (which is a bit heavy handed, I know) and even use unconventional shortcuts (such as leaping off of elevated road surfaces) you can shave valuable seconds off of your arrival time. That said, the timer issue is one that has literally driven me to distraction before now.

Again thanks for your response also but I still beg the question has anyone found it noticeably harder once you have completed the required twenty ?

Many thanks

GayTonyBastard

Good Afternoon, devil.gif Im an expert at the vigilante, so im gonna say 2 things.

1- Usually, no crimes are happening, or am i doing it wrong? Help!

2- Choose the closest route, or crime. And dont give me the sneaky2.gif look! You could risk suicidal.gif or you could just get on an Modded Police Car with turbo.

3. If i haven't answerr yo'ur question than catspider.gif yourself

Again thanks for your response also but I still beg the question has anyone found it noticeably harder once you have completed the required twenty ?

Many thanks

Yes, I do believe they getting increasingly harder in difficulty.

It might do so, but I think its just difficult depending on where you are located currently. Boabo is the worst in my book because most of the crimes happen around the hill, and due to the fact it is distance related, it is near impossible to complete it unless you do a trick to jump off the sides, which is difficult because it is right at the beginning, so unless your traveling North to South, you just have to tough it or floor it most of the time.

I well remember one crime scene where I turned up only to find that certain of the criminal gang were shown as immediately in my vicinity (and in this case in an alleyway by some stores in North Holland) and some were showing as above me but right next to me at the same time. I wandered around, executed the punks who I could see, but could not figure out where the ones were who were showing as above - and bare in mind that I looked for doors, expecting them to be in some building closeby. No doors found, yet they were on the roof - so eventually I had to wander around to the far side of the block and access a building there and then cross the rooftops to get to them - which annoyingly then proved to me that they were in fact inside a building which did not seem to have any access at all. Must have been a glitch - thus, failure. Curious thing is, this same glitch has not repeated itself since.

• 2 weeks later...
Jasper Petrol

As a result of this thread I played a few missions from a 100% complete save game.

I was given 22 seconds to get to a crime two blocks away in Algonquin - big blocks. I drove flat out and didn't crash into anything. There was no short cut available, failed miserably. I think that this is the shortest time I've been given so far. I was also given 22 seconds to attend a crime scene in Bohan and again failed to make it in the alloted time - had to make a U-turn which ate some vital seconds.

It seems that you are given less time but the criminals are not any more difficult to handle once you arrive.