Police & Car chases

macorules94

So I was just reading this article about hoons that evaded police.

POLICE are searching for the driver of a silver Commodore which reached speeds of 180 km/h in Warnbro about 9:30am this morning.

The driver failed to stop for police, who lost sight of the car as it sped away at almost twice the speed limit on Ennis Avenue in  Port Kennedy.

Police are patrolling the area but but have failed to find the car.

After reading a few comments I learnt that police aren't allowed to go more than 140kmph! On top of that, police in Australia drive Family Sedans (Holden Commodore's) and aren't allowed high speed cars! I know that there are dangers, but on Ennis Avenue in Port Kennedy where it is a straight road they should have exceeded 140 to catch the hoons. Sure the Police are searching for the car but will probably give up by morning and go back to harassing people for going 5k's over the speed limit like normal.

What's it like at your place? Do many criminals evade police easily?

Edited by macorules94

Man you're such a wet blanket.

The guy was just having some fun. I'm glad he didn't get caught.

FIOszpJ.gif

Round here, the fast response vehicles are de-restricted Evo X FQ-360s, Hawkeye Impreza WRX STIs and a couple of Eurocopter EC135s. They've also, rather bizarrely, got an imported Evo IX FQ Estate they use as an armed response vehicle.

Untitled-1.jpg
AMD Ryzen 5900X (4.7GHz All-Core PBO2) | Gigabye X570S Pro | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

EK-Quantum Reflection D5 | XSPC D5 PWM | TechN CPU Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | ASUS RTX 4080 TUF @2970MHz | Sabrant Rocket Plus 1TB
Sabrant Rocket 2TB | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | 2x ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4

Kindy makes me feel glad I'm in the UK. Monday there I was happly sitting at 125mph (200kph) for 40 odd mins going from abington to carlisle on the m74.

And we have corners too!

- [- No Fear. No Limits. No Equal. -] -

- [- Ride For Life -] -

Digging deep. It's not just an expression that's thrown around the locker room at halftime. It's a way of life. A daily code that drives a champions existence. It's not always glamorous. It's not always blue skies and sunny days, and its certainly not always welcome. But love it or hate it, to become a true champion take pure, unrestricted commitment.

We have police radios and helicopters, here. Those are pretty hard to outrun.

jMNM8n3.gif

After reading a few comments I learnt that police aren't allowed to go more than 140kmph! On top of that, police in Australia drive Family Sedans (Holden Commodore's) and aren't allowed high speed cars! I know that there are dangers, but on Ennis Avenue in Port Kennedy where it is a straight road they should have exceeded 140 to catch the hoons.

I don't see the point in exceeding the limit. They're only going to egg the hoons on. Lives need not be risked.

Safety first. icon14.gif

I don't see the point in exceeding the limit. They're only going to egg the hoons on. Lives need not be risked.

Safety first. icon14.gif

Rather counter-intuitive if your, say, chasing someone whose committed a burglary, or stolen the car they're driving, is it not?

Untitled-1.jpg
AMD Ryzen 5900X (4.7GHz All-Core PBO2) | Gigabye X570S Pro | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

EK-Quantum Reflection D5 | XSPC D5 PWM | TechN CPU Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | ASUS RTX 4080 TUF @2970MHz | Sabrant Rocket Plus 1TB
Sabrant Rocket 2TB | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | 2x ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4

After reading a few comments I learnt that police aren't allowed to go more than 140kmph! On top of that, police in Australia drive Family Sedans (Holden Commodore's) and aren't allowed high speed cars! I know that there are dangers, but on Ennis Avenue in Port Kennedy where it is a straight road they should have exceeded 140 to catch the hoons. Sure the Police are searching for the car but will probably give up by morning and go back to harassing people for going 5k's over the speed limit like normal.

That's the absolute maximum. Emergency vehicles can only exceed the speed limit by 30km/h. It's oh+s. Much easier and cheaper to call off a chase when speeds get high and to equip police officers with regular cars than it is to run the risk of crashing and causing undue death.

People like you would be the first to throw a sh*tfit and post a thread in here if taxes were increased to buy faster cars for police.

People like you would be the first to throw a sh*tfit and post a thread in here if taxes were increased to buy faster cars for police.

I wouldn't care about that sh*t until I'm like 23 and have a full time job! lol

the speed of the chase isn't just to chase. You have to consider the area you are in. Who might go dumb and ignore the siren and lights, Yes, they do!

In the late 70s when taking the Pursuit Driving Course, we were instructed that in our City the speed of 45 mph was plenty. Besides, we had radio's and they out reach much faster than any car or motorcycle.

I much prefer watching American cop chases, British ones just feel rubbish in comparison. Americans just seem to do more crazy sh*t and be on drugs more, which is always good when it comes to cop chases. Plus there's nothing funnier than when the narrator says "the suspect gets out and bails on foot" then you see some young black guy sprint off who could give usain bolt a run for his money, and some middle-aged porky copper waddles out his patrol car and is out of breath by his third stride.

On traffic cops (british cop chase show) they quite often show my area because it's seen as more rough and dangerous, and people watching can go "this'll be a goodun' it's in that sh*t hole this week so we're bound for some quality footage". In reality it's not more dangerous, just full of more stupid people.

So I was just reading this article about hoons that evaded police.

POLICE are searching for the driver of a silver Commodore which reached speeds of 180 km/h in Warnbro about 9:30am this morning.

The driver failed to stop for police, who lost sight of the car as it sped away at almost twice the speed limit on Ennis Avenue in  Port Kennedy.

Police are patrolling the area but but have failed to find the car.

Weird. Sounds like they need an Interceptor.

user posted image

4XEtraA.jpg

Now that's commitment to the cause!

- [- No Fear. No Limits. No Equal. -] -

- [- Ride For Life -] -

Digging deep. It's not just an expression that's thrown around the locker room at halftime. It's a way of life. A daily code that drives a champions existence. It's not always glamorous. It's not always blue skies and sunny days, and its certainly not always welcome. But love it or hate it, to become a true champion take pure, unrestricted commitment.

You don't need fast cars to end a car chase successfully. Just balls of steel.

Not that this wasn't crazy. But when I read South Africa, I hoped to see... a lion or two.

Original Light

The last of the big v8s.

user posted image

Vics have pretty blocky, powerful engines. Though they're not very fast.

Edited by Original Light

The last of the big v8s.

Jpg

Vics have pretty blocky, powerful engines. Though they're not very fast.

That Mad Max reference went so far over your head it's in low earth orbit.

Untitled-1.jpg

Los Santos Pedestrian

I have never seen a chase involving a police car and a suspect at high speeds and then a massive crash from England or the London area. It may involve how they have to pay a lot for damages to their car or something, but that may not be right. I can't really remember.

Just try finding a chase like this or

happening in Britain.

I have never seen a chase involving a police car and a suspect at high speeds and then a massive crash from England or the London area. It may involve how they have to pay a lot for damages to their car or something, but that may not be right. I can't really remember.

Just try finding a chase like this or

happening in Britain.

It's surprisingly common actually. I know someone who who had their car written off in a police chase- it was parked at the side of the road and was used as a cushion by the stolen vehicle being chased. There have been some quite spectacular chases- Police Interceptors (based in Essex) shows the "best of", as it were, but there just aren't that many people stupid enough (or fast enough, or skilled enough) to give the slip (or try to give the slip) to pursuit-trained police officers.

Untitled-1.jpg

That may be the case, but our COPS style programs are definitely lacking compared the the US ones. I'm literally watching one now* (Pick TV, Freeview channel 11, if anyone cares) where the cops are playing Jeremy Kyle sorting out a shouting match between a lad and his girlfriend outside a nightclub. Hardcore.

*My life is exciting as sh*t.

user posted image

It's not really that all uncommon for people around here to out-run the cops because they will call off the pursuit when it gets too dangerous. There was an incident a few years back where a car full of four people got hit by some meth head they were chasing and the family sued the police for some number of millions, so they pretty much call off the chase as soon as it happens here.

There was one case last here where there was dense fog ( maybe 6 feet of visibility, I know 'cause it happened on the same road I drive ) and someone had shot at a sheriff's deputy and then the guy actually chased the vehicle at 80 MPH through dense fog. They did eventually call it off though.

So yeah, I guess it depends on if you shoot at them.

QUOTE (K^2) ...not only is it legal for you to go around with a concealed penis, it requires absolutely no registration!

Has a chopper ever been outrun by the Baddie in one of these chases?

I'd buy that for a dollar.

Round here, the fast response vehicles are de-restricted Evo X FQ-360s, Hawkeye Impreza WRX STIs and a couple of Eurocopter EC135s. They've also, rather bizarrely, got an imported Evo IX FQ Estate they use as an armed response vehicle.

Why don't we have them in Ireland! We're stuck with sh*tty Mondeos. I'd join the police if I knew what I would be driving those beats.

We have police radios and helicopters, here.

The helicopters are needed where I live since there are no real high speed chases allowed. A number of times I've had them spot light me while sitting in my back yard at night.

Naturally the criminals don't have to follow the no high speed chase rule. A few years ago a car that was running from the cops jumped the curb and crashed into the front doors of the church across the street. It caught on fire and all. I felt bad because they had just finished restoring the front doors of the church. 2 guys ran and 2 guys got ripped out of the car and gently placed into the cop car.

That reminds me of when there was a police helicopter hovering near my house for ages last year, and it was ridiculously low. It was literally less than 5 meters above the houses at one point, never seen washing flap about so much in my life. We thought we were going to lose the socks at one point, but they managed to hang on in there.

Still don't know wtf it was doing. There's a huge field at the back of my house which is incredibly overgrown, and there's a long row of trees which separate the field from the houses. Can only guess that some deviant was hiding in there and the police were trying to get a better look. About 30 kids from f*ck knows where were going mental and following it everywhere, man it would have been so easy to snatch one of 'em... If I was like that.