Random events expanded.

neo92boi

DISCLAIMER:(Im unsure if this has already been posted though I did search for prior posts concerning this topic and im also unsure if this should be moved to the wishlist?)

As we saw quite frequently in Red Dead as we wondered across the open

frontier at god knows who hours people needing help in perilous situations,

or wanting to rob us for our goods and shiny shooty things (i made a funny)

or simply wanting to take a piss or commit suicide.

Will this and should this be expanded in GTA V and how? I'd like to hear some creative ways this can be taken advantage of.

Drug dealing should not be thought of because

hopefully R* will implement that as a whole

system in itself like GTACTW.

Personally:

Random street races (only at night and % of randomness decreases in your type of vehicle

you are driving at the time)

or random police high speed chases on the freeways, and or standoffs.

modeling photographers asking for a photo or two and getting calls back from agencies.

EDIT: sorry for the indents typing from Iphone

Edited by neo92boi

As long as these damn events are actually optional. Not RDR's optional where it auto accepts the quest and then tells you you failed if you don't do it. I mean, give us an accept or reject option. That way, we don't feel like the game is forcing us to stuff we don't want to do, and we don't feel like we somehow failed something because we didn't have a "f*ck off" button.

Edited by Racecarlock

As long as these damn events are actually optional. Not RDR's optional where it auto accepts the quest and then tells you you failed if you don't do it. I mean, give us an accept or reject option. That way, we don't feel like the game is forcing us to stuff we don't want to do, and we don't feel like we somehow failed something because we didn't have a "f*ck off" button.

Well, nothing happened if you failed, and i don't know about you but my f*ck off was a bullet to the face.

oh but of course , remember in SA where if you press up on the d pad or down

you would be positive or negative thats how it should be.

SCENE :

03:23 / 3:23 AM

Driving : Black Infernus after drug deal and mission aimlessly.

*Random driver honks horn camera pans over to him like when random stranger aproaches in RDR or GTA IV

Driver : Hey bro! Nice double u, wanna test that f*cker!

Negattive: f*ck off u pogo the monkey looking fa**ot!

Positive : Does the pope sh*t in the motherf*ckin woods!

Driver :

Hostility level:

1: Speeds off in fright

2: Trys to pull you out of car

3: Sprays hot lead in vehicle

Edited by neo92boi

oh but of course , remember in SA where if you press up on the d pad or down

you would be positive or negative thats how it should be.

SCENE :

03:23 / 3:23 AM

Driving : Black Infernus after drug deal and mission aimlessly.

*Random driver honks horn camera pans over to him like when random stranger aproaches in RDR or GTA IV

Driver : Hey bro! Nice double u, wanna test that f*cker!

Negattive: f*ck off u pogo the monkey looking fa**ot!

Positive : Does the pope sh*t in the motherf*ckin woods!

Driver :

Hostility level:

1: Speeds off in fright

2: Trys to pull you out of car

3: Sprays hot lead in vehicle

Should it really pan to him? That could get really annoying. Like, you're trying to pull off a drift or get to a high speed or something and suddenly you lose control because it panned to one of those random drivers. That would be annoying. Also, they probably shouldn't talk like horrible gangster stereotypes.

Should it really pan to him? That could get really annoying. Like, you're trying to pull off a drift or get to a high speed or something and suddenly you lose control because it panned to one of those random drivers. That would be annoying. Also, they probably shouldn't talk like horrible gangster stereotypes.

THIS

1- The camera would only pan when you are stopped do u really think I was trying to say while your cruising or on a mission drifting through the streets and you would be abruptly interrupted by a camera pan, you were taking it too literal.

2 - Lets get real. How the f*ck else do you think a Angelino/Santonio would talk like if they were from the valley or compton or venice or east LA/LS, you probably would expect them to sound like there from rodeo drive or beverly hills even hollywood. You expect a person from Jamaica Queens, or Bedstuy to sound like there from SOHO or Tribeca by the World Trade Center?! Thats hilarious.

Dont get me wrong I was just trying to be funny on the protagonists reaction part

but your crazy if yo dont think an Santonion would sound like that.

The system would work like Midnight club, flash the high beams, stop, camera pan, accept or decline.

What the real denonym for a person from Los Santos?

Edited by neo92boi

1- The camera would only pan when you are stopped do u really think I was trying to say while your cruising or on a mission drifting through the streets and you would br be abruptly interrupted by a camera pan, you were taking it too literal.

2 - Lets get real. How the f*ck else do you think a Angelino/Santonio would talk like if they were from the valley or compton or venice or east LA/LS, you probably would expect them to sound like there from rodeo drive or beverly hills even hollywood.

You expect a person from Jamaica Queens, or Bedstuy to sound like there from

SOHO or Tribeca by the World Trade Center?! Thats hilarious.

Dont get me wrong I was just trying to be funny on the protagonists reaction part

The system would work like Midnight club, flash the high beams, stop, camera pan, accept or decline.

It could still be annoying. Say you're sitting in an alleyway, trying to listen to the talk radio when all of a sudden BOOM! the audio mutes and the camera pans to a guy who flashed his blinkers at you. Just have a press button to accept or decline challenge thing appear, like what RDR did with duels, except with a decline option.

Mr Bubbleguts

DISCLAIMER:(Im unsure if this has already been posted though I did search for prior posts concerning this topic and im also unsure if this should be moved to the wishlist?)

As we saw quite frequently in Red Dead as we wondered across the open

frontier at god knows who hours people needing help in perilous situations,

or wanting to rob us for our goods and shiny shooty things (i made a funny)

or simply wanting to take a piss or commit suicide.

Will this and should this be expanded in GTA V and how? I'd like to hear some creative ways this can be taken advantage of.

Drug dealing should not be thought of because

hopefully R* will implement that as a whole

system in itself like GTACTW.

Personally:

Random street races (only at night and % of randomness decreases in your type of vehicle

you are driving at the time) 

or random police high speed chases on the freeways, and or standoffs.

modeling photographers asking for a photo or two and getting calls back from agencies.

EDIT: sorry for the indents typing from Iphone

Agreed. This is a LA staple, R* must have high speed police chases in GTA V . That happens in LA all the time, even when I was out there once.

G1T

Adding a new version of street racing to GTA, gentleman? I sort of like this idea. I would also like to see the return of lowrider competitions. I'm not sure where they are held in LA but it should be in more than one spot but in secluded places/places where you won't get in trouble with the law or other gangs. For instance, in SA, they put the lowrider competition close to Los Azteca turf, and that particualr gang hates you throughout the game (for some odd reason, considering that Ceasar is the leader and that you helpled them get their turf back from the Vagos).

Maybe we can see somehing similar to this as far as random police chases go:

user posted image

1- The camera would only pan when you are stopped do u really think I was trying to say while your cruising or on a mission drifting through the streets and you would br be abruptly interrupted by a camera pan, you were taking it too literal.

2 - Lets get real. How the f*ck else do you think a Angelino/Santonio would talk like if they were from the valley or compton or venice or east LA/LS, you probably would expect them to sound like there from rodeo drive or beverly hills even hollywood.

You expect a person from Jamaica Queens, or Bedstuy to sound like there from

SOHO or Tribeca by the World Trade Center?! Thats hilarious.

It could still be annoying. Say you're sitting in an alleyway, trying to listen to the talk radio when all of a sudden BOOM! the audio mutes and the camera pans to a guy who flashed his blinkers at you. Just have a press button to accept or decline challenge thing appear, like what RDR did with duels, except with a decline option.

Only at intersections bro, come on seriously I understand your worried about functions in the game becoming an annoyance but you have to play with ideas, This idea could work trust me. In GTA you never stop at red lights unless your trying to be in your fantasy world and obey traffic laws. This would give you a reason to stop on reds if you wanna get some cash have fun andbe that much closer to 100% lol.

As to everyone else.

High speed chases are a must, random shootouts a must.

GTA IV didnt really have any of this at all and I was hurt

because ima a NY'er and crazy sh*t happens here everyday

just like LA. They didnt even use the fire department IV was

a slight disgrace to my city it could have been done better

Edited by neo92boi

I'd like to stumble across or arrange or be invited to street race parties like that. You know, a combination street racing tournament and car show?

Ive said this a million times before lol but what the hell. I want to see HUGE pedestrian get-togethers( like a paraid/festival/fair ect.) So that way I can go on huge killing sprees or just mow an ass load of people down.

Ive said this a million times before lol but what the hell. I want to see HUGE pedestrian get-togethers( like a paraid/festival/fair ect.) So that way I can go on huge killing sprees or just mow an ass load of people down.

Imagine running down a flash mob. that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif

T R U C I D O

One idea would be as you're sat down in a diner, eating your realistic steak that you paid a dollar for, a guy in a toad costume bursts in, runs over to the staff member, and whacks him with a giant purple dildo, before running out with the cash...

T R U C I D O
where talking about GTA not Saint Row

You can beat people to death with a dildo in San Andreas. Don't think it said Saints Row anywhere on the box.

thats a regular dildo not a man in a retarded frog suit holding a HUGE dildo hitting people thats lets pretend sh!t there

thats a regular dildo not a man in a retarded frog suit holding a HUGE dildo hitting people thats lets pretend sh!t there

Where did you draw the line? It's okay to beat someone to death with a regular size dildo as long as you aren't in a retarded frog suit?

Gotcha! dozingoff.gif

There was no consequence for failing most random encounters. Some might lose you a tiny bit of Honor, but nothing significant. And the majority of encounters didn't require you to do anything. Some of my favorite random events are:

-Man/woman crying over dead spouse; after a few seconds pulls out a revolver and commits suicide.

-Man comes out of nowhere begging you to save his wife who is about to be hanged. This one was way too common, but I still liked it.

-Random people being chased by wolves/coyotes/etc.

-People sitting around a campfire telling stories about John's exploits not knowing John is sitting with them.

There are so many random things that could be added to GTA. Some examples:

-Cop pulling car over, approaching the window, giving ticket. (common)

-Cop pulling car over, approaching window, driver speeding off or shooting cop. (rare)

-Cars on the side of the road with the driver changing the tire.

-Rare drunk drivers swerving all over the road.

-Very rare people committing suicide by jumping off bridges/buildings.

-Carjackings.

-High speed chases.

-Very rare people getting hit by cars.

-Peds getting in fights. Could have funny R*-style conversations leading to the fight.

-Peds hugging, kissing.

-Peds peeing in alleyways. Or peeing in public and getting reactions from other passing peds.