User Track Player for Consoles?

MIKON8ERISBACK

MIKON8ERISBACK

Because both the PlayStation 3 and the Xbox 360, the two most popular consoles utilize the operating system and some program files data read from the hard drive, the ability exists for the developers to implement a user track player in which stored music can be read from the hard drive to play back in the game. This system would be identical to that of the PC versions of GTA games from GTA III onward. Under my purposed system, ID3 tags which would most likely be created on a computer before burning a DVD-DATA would be used as an RDS (Radio Data System) like system for displaying the song name and artist.

Edited by MIKON8ERISBACK

• 1 month later...

ID Tags don't have to be created on a computer, on the PS3 you can put the CD into the console and it will find album information and if you choose to rip tracks it will use that information to automatically tag the files. Which, yeah, might be a problem for those of you who make mix CD's.

But yeah, the consoles have had this ability for a long time, just no developer ever used it except for a few, the best example on the PS3 being Gran Turismo 5, where you compile a list of songs into a playlist, and select that playlists within GT5 and the game would mix the music into the game as if it were normally in the game. Same goes for the new SSX, that uses a new engine which can be used on the PS3 and Xbox 360 that does the same, takes songs stored on your hard drive and mix them into the game like normal, enabling special effects to be applied to your music such as slowing down when you do big jumps, fading out before landing, etc, like the normal tracks in the game do.

To be honest, it sounds cool, but I personally would rather listen to the songs R* put into the game. It's part of the experience. GTA Vice City wouldn't have been the same if I could listen to my Radiohead or Beatles on the radio station lol.

MIKON8ERISBACK

What they did with Gran Turismo 5 actually would be a very good element of this "bold, new direction". No longer will the PC users and their gold plated graphics adapters of the Gods be at that exclusive advantage.

it's easy enough to listen to our own music, on our own stereos, in real life - while we play the game...

It would be cool if it is implemented- off the top of my head I can think of several uses for it. But if it isn't, it's not a big deal. I'm not really expecting it, in either case.

Cole Phelps Gta

i will admit. It pisses me off that the music is ridiculously louder. When i upload my music to my 360 is their a way to turn it down to in game radio levels. I'd f*cking love that if posssible

I never upload music for this reason it's sh*t that my music drowns the game volume out, I may as well play it on my stereo dozingoff.gif

#HEEL

You're too cowardly to even take the heat for it from the people you troll, instead running to the moderators wasting our time with sh*t you started. GTFO.

#BANHAMMER

MIKON8ERISBACK

Even if a lot of people don't do it right now, if news of this feature were to go public at any time before of after the game's release, the practice of using the console's hard drive to store .MP3 music files would be forever popularized. Why don't I mention .WMA? because I don't see Sony agreeing to support Windows Media Audio compression.

Would anybody like to submit a list of supported file types that you wish would be supported?

Locomotive1991

I would love to be able to hear some Guns N' Roses while crusin' through Los Santos especially Paradise City since it's basically about LA.

I would love to be able to hear some Guns N' Roses while crusin' through Los Santos especially Paradise City since it's basically about LA.

I want this, but I also want there to be commercials added between tracks and stuff. It would be really cool.

Make it unlockable after story completion. That way everyone will play the game as Rockstar intended to. The soundtrack was important is defining the series so far. What makes you guys think that it's not important anymore?

Even if a lot of people don't do it right now, if news of this feature were to go public at any time before of after the game's release, the practice of using the console's hard drive to store .MP3 music files would be forever popularized. Why don't I mention .WMA? because I don't see Sony agreeing to support Windows Media Audio compression.

Would anybody like to submit a list of supported file types that you wish would be supported?

The PS3 CAN play WMA's tounge.gif As well as MP4 (M4A) and LPCM.

DeadlyHabits87

Yeah I would like to have an option to listen to my own tracks. But then with the commercials and stuff included.

I want this, but I also want there to be commercials added between tracks and stuff. It would be really cool.

Yeah this would be cool. I'd love to hear my favourite songs and a few GTA advertisements mixed in. They could even have a bit of news in there as well followed by 'And now, back to the music' from some random DJ.

• 2 months later...
MIKON8ERISBACK

Anyone care to comment? Must this thread die already?

Death2Drugs

I hope we get User Track Options on consoles! It can be done by simply scanning the console for music. They did this with GTA 3 on XBOX.

furybeaver

That would be kind of nice cause i got tired of most of the songs on the radio on gta iv

HydraulicWaRiOr

Justin Bieber while running over hookers? Hell yeah.

[supreme]

interpolfan11

As someone who is very passionate about music and thinks that 90% of all music is sh*te, I would absolutely kill for this feature! It would make cruising so much more pleasant, because frankly, I've hated nearly all of the songs ever featured in the GTA series.

[supreme]

I've just lost all respect for you.

I'm kidding... I never had any. icon14.gif

OT: Yes, I would very much like this feature in game.

kSTG7.png

[O]tter[ba]nned Oct 8, 2013, for 91 days.

HydraulicWaRiOr

[supreme]

I respect all who respect me.

Gtaghost22

RipGore

LotusRIP

Zee

Linki

Phrill

Cole Phelps Gta

GTA-King

icon14.gif

[supreme]

[supreme]

I respect all those who respect me

Gtaghost22

RipGore

LotusRIP

Zee

Linki

Phrill

Cole Phelps Gta

GTA-King

icon14.gif

[supreme]

*bats eye lashes*

blush.gif

I literally have goosebumps right now.

orly.gificon14.gif

[Titty Sprinkles]

kSTG7.png

[O]tter[ba]nned Oct 8, 2013, for 91 days.