Would Rockstar go so far to buy commercial

Fraizer

Do you think Rockstar would spend the money to advertise during the super bowl? whether its Max Payne 3 or GTAV... Most of us know, a commercial during the super bowl carries a very large price tag.

Has a Video game company ever done this?

CookPassBabtridge

They would probably pay for a huge 'V' to show for 20 seconds and that's all, then the fanboys on here would declare it marketing genius.

Was this topic really necessary? Lack of new info is filling this forum with spammy topics.

user posted image

Was this topic really necessary? Lack of new info is filling this forum with spammy topics.

Yeah, I guess we can thank R* for that. They keep feeding the trolls. sad.gif

G1T

They would probably pay for a huge 'V' to show for 20 seconds and that's all, then the fanboys on here would declare it marketing genius.

The REAL genius move was already made. A simple announcement, followed by a countdown clock to the first trailer on their website, followed by the pandemonium on a forum like this. It cost virtually nothing to do. I suppose only a "fanboy" could see this as brilliant?

Ludzidocelowych
Lol, no way. R* isn't as rich as they make out to be.

Well, we know they have at least $120 million

I really appreciate your contribution...

Why is an idea, a question for opinions "Spammy?" The title is not misleading, it's a legitimate topic, mind you, that has not been discussed before, so what's your problem?

The REAL genius move was already made. A simple announcement, followed by a countdown clock to the first trailer on their website, followed by the pandemonium on a forum like this. It cost virtually nothing to do. I suppose only a "fanboy" could see this as brilliant?

Yes, you are correct, only fanboys would see that as genius.

G1T

I really appreciate your contribution...

Why is an idea, a question for opinions "Spammy?" The title is not misleading, it's a legitimate topic, mind you, that has not been discussed before, so what's your problem?

I guess i could make topic like will next gta finally include unicorns and can we customize them. orly.gif

user posted image

CookPassBabtridge

Yes. That's the short answer. Rockstar languish in the fact they have legions of fanboys that sh*t themselves over their every word, that's basically the marketing 'strategy' if there is one at all. x

Yes. That's the short answer. Rockstar languish in the fact they have legions of fanboys that sh*t themselves over their every word, that's basically the marketing 'strategy' if there is one at all. x

Yes, you are smart. icon14.gif They use their fanboys to their advantage. That's a low move, even for them.

G1T

Does anyone that post this sh*t, not see the irony in posting it to a forum dedicated to one game?

Of course we a "Fan Boys," why else would we be on this forum for god sake! Crawford, you are on here, posting in every single thread created yet you contribute little to nothing to them but stupid criticism, incoherent pshyco bable bullsh*t... Bye! wink.gif

Yes, you are smart. icon14.gif They use their fanboys to their advantage. That's a low move, even for them.

It seems Zee forgot to log back into his main account before posting.

Yeah, they were able to get coverage over all the gaming media, and even outside it, just by posting the announcement of a trailer. I mean, how lame is that? sarcasm.gif How they can even call that highly-successful marketing strategy a marketing strategy is just soooooooo fail.

CookPassBabtridge

There's something darkly sarcastic about this whole Joan Crawford thing.....it's making me laugh the more I read the 'Christina' part icon14.gif

@FRA1Z3R: there is a marked difference between fans and fanboys. We are all fans of GTA, but the leg-humping apologists get too much at times like this.

@Staten: I didnt say it failed, it blatantly didnt. What Im saying is: it isnt genius, its just complacency, and theyre lucky to be able to hide behind that to secure sales. This is the same method that got IV selling before people found out what it really entailed.

Edited by CookPassBabtridge

Does anyone that post this sh*t, not see the irony in posting it to a forum dedicated to one game?

Of course we a "Fan Boys," why else would we be on this forum for god sake! Crawford, you are on here, posting in every single thread created yet you contribute little to nothing to them but stupid criticism, incoherent pshyco bable bullsh*t... Bye! wink.gif

WTF? You can hate R* and still like GTA, you know. sarcasm.gif

G1T

Somebody just watched Waiting

Harwood Butch3r

It's an interesting idea actually, but I'm not sure if R* would go for it. It would be some amazing exposure for MP3 or GTA V however.

There's something darkly sarcastic about this whole Joan Crawford thing.....it's making me laugh the more I read the 'Christina' part icon14.gif

@FRA1Z3R: there is a marked difference between fans and fanboys. We are all fans of GTA, but the leg-humping apologists get too much at times like this.

@Staten: I didnt say it failed, it blatantly didnt. What Im saying is: it isnt genius, its just complacency, and theyre lucky to be able to hide behind that to secure sales. This is the same method that got IV selling before people found out what it really entailed.

Ok cool, anyway, does anyone want to discuss in a serious manner why they think R* would or would not advertise at the super bowl?

Yes, and people like you are always on this forum talking about fanboys. You DO know this is a GTA fan forum, don't you? Perhaps you should join the IHATEROCKSTAR forum, oh wait....there is'nt one.

CookPassBabtridge

Slightly off topic, but out of interest: How much footage/info has Max Payne 3 had this far? 2 months till release and all that...I havent been arsed to look, but if someone can put me in the picture icon14.gif

@ 73 Duster: I might make such a forum, then you can join up and be all mad and offended on there too.

@ Frazier: probably the enormous premium they would be charged is a reason why not to advertise at Superbowl.

Edited by CookPassBabtridge

Harwood Butch3r

Guys cool it off. It's a shame a good thread is turning into yet another "I'm right you're wrong" pissing contest.

Quite frankly none of you who are participationg in this "fanboy" side debate are doing yourselves a favour.

Slightly off topic, but out of interest: How much footage/info has Max Payne 3 had this far? 2 months till release and all that...I havent been arsed to look, but if someone can put me in the picture  icon14.gif

Along with tons of screenshots and information regarding the singleplayer mode. We still don't know too much about multiplayer however.

Edited by Deadly Target

Yes, and you are here to out douche Zee by complaining non stop about a company whose fan forum you cannot stay away from. You make ZERO sense, by mocking "fanboys", while at the SAME time bitching and moaning about Rockstar not paying any attention to you. Keep crying about not getting more info on the very product you continue bashing.

Slightly off topic, but out of interest: How much footage/info has Max Payne 3 had this far? 2 months till release and all that...I havent been arsed to look, but if someone can put me in the picture  icon14.gif

Two trailers and a ton of screenshots.

Ik! We need some magazine articles too!

@73duster

Calm down, honey. Miami just said we need to stop the fighting...

G1T

Somebody just watched Waiting

That's been in my mind ready to fire for so long that I forgot what it came from... It's been literally years since I watched it.

On topic, I could see them doing to spread the word even further, i am sure there are fans of GTA that don't know about it yet, on the other hand I am not sure it is close enough to release to warrant such an investment.