Ned Luke Is No Hero!

mediocore

OK guys, I hope this hasn't been mentioned before...

As we all know, the guys who you do missions for in GTA are LAZY, they will never drive themselves anywhere. So riddle me this, in the trailer when the 3 guys jump out of the van, why does our supposed protagonist climb out of the right hand door?

This hadn't occurred to me until now as I live in the UK where the drive would be seated on the right but I noticed it the other day.

Any ideas?

This was discovered a looooooong time ago.

Mate.

EDIT: lolwut

Hello dear comunity. I just changed my password into something I am unable to remember. It has been a lot of fun here, one of the best GTA dedicated forums I have ever visited. The mods are doing a great job and I wish you all the best. I love you, every single one of you (apart from Zee [what a fanny]).

He could have been riding shotgun on the way to the building, you tend to do that at some point in every GTA game after GTA 3. The likelihood is that because it was his voice presenting the trailer that he is the protagonist of the game. And also to look at this scene alone is to forget all the other scenes in the trailer were you see him in the driver seat of cars.

EDIT: Besides, who says he was riding there in the passenger seat? He knocks on the window whilst walking around the truck, it's unlikely he got out on that side. In other words, ignore JasonKnowItAll.

It was similar thing in Vice City,Tommy drives to the bank and then Hillary take the wheel,it could be a same this time.

He could have been riding shotgun on the way to the building, you tend to do that at some point in every GTA game after GTA 3. The likelihood is that because it was his voice presenting the trailer that he is the protagonist of the game. And also to look at this scene alone is to forget all the other scenes in the trailer were you see him in the driver seat of cars.

EDIT: Besides, who says he was riding there in the passenger seat? He knocks on the window whilst walking around the truck, it's unlikely he got out on that side. In other words, ignore JasonKnowItAll.

I like you, and don't worry... I plan to ignore Jasonjoinedamonthago

I understand that he is seen driving in the trailer too, I just wanted to try and push for some more engaging conversation than some guy calling out that he's found a cave painting stating that the game will be released in May.

I'm a 100% sure Albert De Silva (Ned Luke) will be one of our protags. We've seen him multiple times in the trailer driving a car on his own. If he was your boss and a NPC, that would be weird. We've never seen a major character randomly drive through the city.

We don't see him getting out of the passenger seat... Plus he knocks on the window and everyone else was in the back.. He was driving.

I think Rockstar has a tactic...

All right Sherlock, what kind of "tactic" are you talking about?

user posted image

Had this image in my mind as I was falling asleep last night. So I just had to make it for yall. Hope you enjoy! smile.gif

kSTG7.png

[O]tter[ba]nned Oct 8, 2013, for 91 days.

user posted image

Had this image in my mind as I was falling asleep last night. So I just had to make it for yall. Hope you enjoy! smile.gif

That's great but share it somewhere that isn't a completely unrelated thread.

And also don't invert the colours. It does nothing to hide piss poor photoshop skills.

lol, well that's the last time I do anything nice for yall on here...

and btw, Ned Luke is in the title. So therefore this was an ok place to post it. inconsiderate prick. icon14.gif

kSTG7.png

lol, well that's the last time I do anything nice for yall on here...

and btw, Ned Luke is in the title. So therefore this was an ok place to post it. inconsiderate prick. icon14.gif

Can't see the pic. Big, red, X.

@SGT. Johnson: gimme a sec and I'll try to fix it

user posted image

To those who couldn't see it before.

Edited by GTA-King

kSTG7.png

I wouldn't be surprised if Ned Luke isn't the protagonist, but I'm not gonna say sh*t about it.

I'm pretty sure this has been mentioned a couple of times but...

If you look closely, there's someone sitting on the driver's seat while they're about to rob the place.

user posted image

Looks like the same guy who's driving the red convertible.

Edited by Reiji

Grand Theft Auto V: Chinatown Wars

LEAKED FOOTAGE GTA V'S LAST MISSION!!

user posted image

I pretty much given up on this forum's rationality and opinion value.

I think Rockstar has a tactic...

I think there is a lot more to GTA V then in past GTA's. A bold new direction might have the MP3 and RDR style/gameplay/physics all meshed into one Bold game.

Can't you just wait until new info instead of making assumptions or analysing the trailers? at the end of the day, almost everything we post here will be proven wrong... All we have is "rumors" like the ned luck's sister tweet where she says she heard her brother's voice in gta V... We all took that for granted but as far as i remember, no one on here saw that tweet... I could have say the same thing quoting a suposed tweet from Dr DRE & everybody would have take it for true.. just wait damn it... the worst are those who think they know all ...

Packie and all of his gang were driving around and shooting places up. Little jacob too. Luis' friends also. Johny's ALSO. What the f*ck are you talking about OP?

EDIT: I'm actually not defending the theory that the old fart is the main character. I would hate that but I'm just saying your 'theory' (about him not driving) is flawed.

Edited by Zeichef

It could be a mission where Ned Luke is shooting from the window like CJ in SA or Tommy in Vice for quite allot of missions (In the fastest boat, in the helicopter and I think there was another one. Im sure IV had quite a few missions where you werent driving aswell but I only played through once on each of the stories.

Can't you just wait until new info instead of making assumptions or analysing the trailers? at the end of the day, almost everything we post here will be proven wrong... All we have is "rumors" like the ned luck's sister tweet where she says she heard her brother's voice in gta V... We all took that for granted but as far as i remember, no one on here saw that tweet... I could have say the same thing quoting a suposed tweet from Dr DRE & everybody would have take it for true.. just wait damn it... the worst are those who think they know all ...

I think the girl was his cousin. Then one of his acting buddies also tweeted that is was him. Still not enough to conclude but all the evidence we have at the moment strongly leans to Ned.

Really dont want more than one playable character, but i have faith in Rockstar if they choose to go down that route.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ned Luke isn't the protagonist, but I'm not gonna say sh*t about it.

If you look closely, there's someone sitting on the driver's seat while they're about to rob the place.

user posted image

It's weird because in the cutscene where they are entering the building he doesn't appear. Why would the protag not get into action with the rest?

Plus in the trailer the narrator says "i bought a big house" (big house shown)

I don't think the younger guy would have money to buy that house.

Also if he did, WHY IS HE WEARING THOSE CLOTHES?!

For all we know the jewelry heist shown in the trailer can be another "impossible trinity" mission similar to the diamond exchange in IV. All "3" protags could be robbing the jewelry store at once. Imagine... playing through the stories of each person and witnessing the events leading up to the heist. Perhaps someone employed all of them to do this job, which brought them all together.

kSTG7.png

For all we know the jewelry heist shown in the trailer can be another "impossible trinity" mission similar to the diamond exchange in IV. All "3" protags could be robbing the jewelry store at once. Imagine... playing through the stories of each person and witnessing the events leading up to the heist. Perhaps someone employed all of them to do this job, which brought them all together.

Probably the least craziest idea about multiple protagonists I've heard on this website since ever.

user posted image

It's weird because in the cutscene where they are entering the building he doesn't appear. Why would the protag not get into action with the rest?

Plus in the trailer the narrator says "i bought a big house" (big house shown)

I don't think the younger guy would have money to buy that house.

It's weird because in the cutscene where they are entering the building he doesn't appear

They probably caught a good angle view where you can't see him.

Why would the protag not get into action with the rest?

There's a mission like that in GTAIII [The Getaway] where you stay in the car to keep the engine running while they rob the bank.

I'm thinking:

- you're simply the getaway driver and the place probably won't do anything major except set off the alarm and you get a 3-4 star wanted level.

- something happens during the robbery and you take part of covering someone that messed up

The one doing the voiceover isn't necessarily the protag, as shown in RDR. But then again I known a couple of Hispanic guys that sounds like the voice in the trailer.

Well he bought/stole a red convertible and he's awesome like that.

Grand Theft Auto V: Chinatown Wars

LEAKED FOOTAGE GTA V'S LAST MISSION!!

user posted image

I pretty much given up on this forum's rationality and opinion value.

Wait... so you're saying to protag is the one on the driver's side, who isn't in diguise, and doesn't get out of the van? So what are you supposed to do, sit there patiently and watch the guys rob the store? That only makes as much sense as the protag not being the driver.

Which only gives weight to the multiple protagonist theory...

What if you take control of multiple protagonists, but only for certain segments of the mission? Like in the jewelry store heist you play as the driver, then once you get to the destination you take control of the Ned Luke character and go in and kick butt.