GTA 4 texture popping

sama92

This is extremely annoying, the textures pop in constantly after playing for about 10 mins. And sometimes i cant even save the game because so many textures have disappeared like my bed.

Ive tried memrestrict commands etc but dont know what figure i should use on the end of it. I have 3gb vram, so textures shouldnt keep popping in and out, any commandlines to fix this?

EDIT just changed the commands to these and im getting about a 10fps bonus! now getting a average of 40fps! i still get texture popping. Btw that reflection res command works I think.

-norestrictions

-percentvidmem 100

-novblank

-noswapdelay

-renderquality 4

-shadowdensity 0

-viewdistance 0

-detailquality 100

-shadowquality 3

-reflectionquality 4

-reflectionresolution 2048

-shadowresolution 2048

-waterquality 0

-waterreflectionquality 5

-minspecaudio

Another strange glitch i have realistic car pack v4 and traffic load and the extra cars that came with the car pack, ie extras not replacements always spawn in the same colour, purple! is their a way to change this?

Edited by sama92

PacketOverload_x64bit

This one works really for me. Change to your resolution. It heavily depends on which settings you're running as well. Some sets look great at 1280x1024. Some need 1920x1080 or 1600x1200.

-novblank

-nomemrestrict

-norestrictions

-ReflectionQuality 4

-fullscreen

-width 1280

-height 1024

-memrestrict 629145600

-availablevidmem 3.3

What availablevidmem should i put for 3gb? As it shows i have that in the graphics tab but still get texture pop ins.

PacketOverload_x64bit

I would get rid of the car pack. If you have a monster system (CPU over 3.2 Ghz) with a 3GB video card (if it's a good card) and you're still getting pop-ins then it's z-fighting or one the cars you are using isn't made right / problems with configuration.

I have discovered the car pack isnt helping but ive played around with some command lines and have set on a memory restrict command of 900mb which has the made the game a lot more stable and now have less pop ins.

• 3 weeks later...
BigSlongsDaddy
This one works really for me. Change to your resolution. It heavily depends on which settings you're running as well. Some sets look great at 1280x1024. Some need 1920x1080 or 1600x1200.

-novblank

-nomemrestrict

-norestrictions

-ReflectionQuality 4

-fullscreen

-width 1280

-height 1024

-memrestrict 629145600

-availablevidmem 3.3

lols this did make me giggle these two parameters

-nomemrestrict

then you have

-memrestrict 629145600

ha ha ha you tell the games engine there are no memory restrictions then a second later you say restrict memory to 629145600

o packet love you lol.gif