Game doesn't respond

Buraian

I have the PC version of San Andreas and have had it for years. I play it all the time. But the last couple days, I click the icon and it does nothing. The disc whirls and the cursor turns into a spinning disc, like it's trying to load, but then nothing happens. I know it's not the drive, because I played Halo this morning and it played fine. Same with my dvds. It's just the San Andreas disc I am having issues with. I made sure it's clean. Maybe It's not the disc, maybe it's the file. I even ran the reinstall program and clicked "Repair" and that didn't fix it.

I have Windows Vista: Service Pack 2. Everything is up-to-date, and like I said, I played this game ALL the time up until a couple days ago. I even ran CCleaner incase there was something in the Temp folder to prevent it from working.

When the game worked before and suddenly stops, and the disc is ok, etc.

Your system may have done an automatic update of some file/driver that affects the game.

First to try is Deleting the GTA_SA.set File. reboot and start game. This file contains config that may now be out of date. It is created each time you save the game.

This sounds like a securom problem. If you have installed some disk emulation software the past few days, you'll want to disable/remove it.

Sounds like nothing wrong with the disk, but the file. Try deleting gta-sa.set to reset any changes you made in the past which made it malfunction. And maybe running the game as administrator should help!