GTA Material + Kams Script

ChrisBenoit!

ChrisBenoit!

Hey!

I have a big problem with kams script and the import of dff files!

I want to import some gta objects (*.dff files) and export it as an other file format! The problem are the texture informations! Kams Script create an own material "GTA Material" and 3ds max don't know how to handle this at the export!

It looks like this:

http://h11.abload.de/img/materialdsji3.jpg

Is there an easy way to convert the material to a normal material, that 3ds max know what it is and I can export it in other formats?

Thanks and sorry for my bad english confused.gif

Nobody an idea? dontgetit.gif

Edit// I think the problem is the GTA_Material.ms but I have no skill in the script language of 3ds max.

Edited by ChrisBenoit!

If you are converting a mod and use it for something else, you're still stealing it.

Anyway, if you want to use a gta mod for something else, you better retexture it (you can find the .tga in the .txd file), I don't know if you want to render it in mental ray or something, but it is going to look even faker than it did in gta if you don't retexture it.

I don't want to steel some files and release it as my own mod!

It's only for some rendering tests in a other 3d programm and the re-texturing is possible, yes but I need over 50 objects with a lot of textures... that needs a long time to texturing this models....

I don't think it's necessary to re-texture (i.e. UV map) the model since texture coordinates are independent of the material. But you will have to add RGB, transparency and paths to texture files manually.