GTA V Great White Shark Missions?

J35T3R

A thought came across my mind... Rockstar aced animals in Red Dead Redemption, especially when you compare them to the static under water wildlife in San Andreas.

Now if Rockstar create awesome realistic sharks with RDR tech, throw them in Los Santos waters for only rare sighting occasions and then have a mission or a few missions dedicated to finding this one particular Great White, that would be cool.

And just for the sake of being creative...

Let’s just say some crazy millionaire bad guy, ordered people to fish out a great white shark, sedate it, operate on it, stitch a bag of diamonds inside it, tattoo a spade "like the ace of spades" around it's right eye, call it "Ace", and put it back in the water with a tracking device on it.

And our mission is to find it and retrieve the diamonds, like a kind of training exercise so this bad guy dude knows you’re someone he can trust!

I personally think a tattooed Great White Shark would be (a bit over the top) but awesome.

But by just having fully functioning interactive Sharks that will attack you, and the possibility of a mission or more based around sharks would be cool and fresh. So what do you guys think?

People were guessing this all the way back to Vice City. R* have never bothered since.

GET OVER 1 BILLION IN GTA ONLINE WITH THIS GLITCH

Join the best of the best. Join the Republic of Zee.http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/zeegtaforums

Add me on Xbox: ZeeGTAForums and PS3: mtkgta420

The Continuing Adventures of Zeehttp://www.youtube.com/ZeeGTAForums

http://www.twitch.tv/zeegtaf

Deji is a coward.

how about for finding that shark you get an achievement/ps3 trophy

Didn't even think of that! Yeah an achievement for it, awesome!

I don't see how a mission with a great white shark would at all be relevant to any purpose of the game. The game is Grand Theft Auto, not Jaws. I can see how it's relevant in RDR, since in that time period and setting, hunting animals and frequent animal occurrences were part of life. In modern day California, things have changed.

Because it's fresh & interesting.

If GTA V ends up having another hundred "go here & kill this guy, then chase his friend & kill him" missions, it'll be thanks to spoilsports such as yourself.

Besides, this is GTA, not Hitman tounge.gif

Grand_Theft_Peanut

If GTA V ends up having another hundred "go here & kill this guy, then chase his friend & kill him" missions, it'll be thanks to spoilsports such as yourself.

this tounge.gif

People were guessing this all the way back to Vice City. R* have never bothered since.

Part of me suspects we won't get underwater swimming or diverse marine life until GTA returns to VC, which may not happen till 2016 or 2020! sad.gif

That said, white sharks are not too much to ask in V! There's a huge population of them off the California coast!

I don't see how a mission with a great white shark would at all be relevant to any purpose of the game. The game is Grand Theft Auto, not Jaws. I can see how it's relevant in RDR, since in that time period and setting, hunting animals and frequent animal occurrences were part of life. In modern day California, things have changed.

Maybe you have to ingratiate yourself to the Korean mafia by serving them shark fin soup?

Hey, this really neat idea just popped into my head...

What if you had a Grand Theft Auto game, with missions about committing crimes? Like you could have missions about stealing cars, getting into gunfights, illegal street races, etc.

I don't know, this could be a longshot. I'm sure that having crime in a Grand Theft Auto game would upset a lot of people. After all, everyone knows what GTA fans really want; wacky crazy talking sharks.

Saints Row had plenty of missions just like this. Did this make it fresh and interesting? Hell no.

There was one mission in SR3 where you drive around with a tiger in your car. The object of the mission was to drive fast and do stunts, but don't crash or the tiger would hurt you. But functionally, it's no different from the car dealer missions in LCS, just with a wacky crazy fun tiger to make it 10000% more wacky crazy and fun.

A mission where you hunt down a great white shark would be no different from a mission where you hunt down a bear, or an asshole in a speedboat.

What if you had a Grand Theft Auto game, with missions about committing crimes? Like you could have missions about stealing cars, getting into gunfights, illegal street races, etc.

I don't know, this could be a longshot. I'm sure that having crime in a Grand Theft Auto game would upset a lot of people. After all, everyone knows what GTA fans really want; wacky crazy talking sharks.

You must be a complete idiot if you believe GTA should be limited to only car-jacking, shooting, other crimes. Have you never played San Andreas? SA is still regarded by most fans as THE best GTA in terms of replayability. Which is the department GTA 4 lacked in, and is something that needs to be improved in V.

All these people saying "You want _____, go play _____." is completely idiotic. Open world freedom and things to do in the world is as big a part of franchise then just the criminal aspects of it.

You must be a complete idiot if you believe GTA should be limited to only car-jacking, shooting, other crimes. Have you never played San Andreas? SA is still regarded by most fans as THE best GTA in terms of replayability. Which is the department GTA 4 lacked in, and is something that needs to be improved in V.

All these people saying "You want _____, go play _____." is completely idiotic. Open world freedom and things to do in the world is as big a part of franchise then just the criminal aspects of it.

Tattooed sharks.

What if we also had the option to wrestle the shark like someone who wrestles sharks? Maybe do a suplex on it. What? This could be an optional mission anyways, so why not?

I don't see how a mission with a marriage would at all be relevant to any purpose of the game. The game is Grand Theft Auto, not Marriage Simulator 4.

Tattooed. Sharks.

There are dumb ideas, and then there are dumb ideas. Plain and simple.

user posted image

What's your problem boy?

A thought came across my mind... Rockstar aced animals in Red Dead Redemption, especially when you compare them to the static under water wildlife in San Andreas.

Now if Rockstar create awesome realistic sharks with RDR tech, throw them in Los Santos waters for only rare sighting occasions and then have a mission or a few missions dedicated to finding this one particular Great White, that would be cool.

And just for the sake of being creative...

Let’s just say some crazy millionaire bad guy, ordered people to fish out a great white shark, sedate it, operate on it, stitch a bag of diamonds inside it, tattoo a spade "like the ace of spades" around it's right eye, call it "Ace", and put it back in the water with a tracking device on it.

And our mission is to find it and retrieve the diamonds, like a kind of training exercise so this bad guy dude knows you’re someone he can trust!

I personally think a tattooed Great White Shark would be (a bit over the top) but awesome.

But by just having fully functioning interactive Sharks that will attack you, and the possibility of a mission or more based around sharks would be cool and fresh. So what do you guys think?

Well my idea of a man putting diamonds inside a shark and giving it a tattoo arround it's eye was for the sake of being creative.

The minimum of what I'm asking for, is for GTA to have an animal (and we don't know, but I doubt that there will be many animals in the game), that can be of some kind of threat, and be included in a unique mission to steer it away from the repettetive A-B shoot and run missions.

Yes ofcourse GTA isn't an animal game, it's a crime game, but if it sticks to that same formular forever it will be boring. Throw in a Shark, mix it up a bit, after all a good game franchise should always be able to add something new in their next game for their fans.

Edited by J35T3R

Well my idea of a man putting diamonds inside a shark and giving it a tattoo arround it's eye was for the sake of being creative.

The minimum of what I'm asking for, is for GTA to have an animal (and we don't know, but I doubt that there will be many animals in the game), that can be of some kind of threat, and be included in a unique mission to steer it away from the repettetive A-B shoot and run missions.

Yes ofcourse GTA isn't an animal game, it's a crime game, but if it sticks to that same formular forever it will be boring. Throw in a Shark, mix it up a bit, after all a good game franchise should always be able to add something new in their next game for their fans.

Sure, this would make it different visually, but that doesn't necessarily mean it would be different functionally.

Like if you replace all the thugs in any GTA mission with lobstermen, it wouldn't make it any different. You could replace the shark with any sort of target, and it would be the same.

Also there's the question of how this mission would work. Searching for one particular shark in a sea full of sharks doesn't sound very exciting. Like maybe if you had to respond to 911 dispatches for shark attacks, and had to keep following the trail of blood and human-chum until you found him and took him out, that would be interesting.

I think it would be cool if you would hear on the radio about shark attacks and sightings and on some cutscenes maybe something involving shark attacks is on the tv or the characters will talk about in a car during a mission. then if you find and kill the shark you get an achievement and money.

Maybe you have to ingratiate yourself to the Korean mafia by serving them shark fin soup?

Sharks fin soup is a Chinese delicacy, not Korean. biggrin.gif

There must be an option in this game to allow fitting lasers onto the sharks.

I'd buy 10 copies of the game.

Cole Phelps Gta

What if we also had the option to wrestle the shark like someone who wrestles sharks? Maybe do a suplex on it. What? This could be an optional mission anyways, so why not?

I'd rather put him in a del rio armbar/cross arm breaker personally. What about a nice lebell lock ? or an rko out of nowhere that would be epic !

#HEEL

You're too cowardly to even take the heat for it from the people you troll, instead running to the moderators wasting our time with sh*t you started. GTFO.

#BANHAMMER

Over the top can be good. This, is just a bit to over the top. Now hunting in general, would be a good addition with the countryside. People hunt.

i think that having the option to go into the sea and hunt some sharks for the sake of it is awesome, for me thats what GTA has been for me, complete freedom to do whatever the hell you feel like doing with no restrictions whatsoever.

Scarface: The World Is Yours did a decent concept with the Sharks; swim to long and you get eatin'. I wouldn't go as far as tattooing sharks or putting diamonds in them, but it would be nice to have 'hot spots' in the ocean for shark attacks and such. Would make swimming more difficult and possibly treasure hunting or something interesting.

WUDSnYa.png

I'm not quite sure how it would pan out as a mission yet, but perhaps there could be a mission based arround just surviving it. Getting to the shore before it eats you.

Mabye your on a sinking cargo ship and there's containers and life boats floating everywhere, and you swim to them one by one to get out of the water in time.

Or mabye your scooba diving inside a sunken cargo ship, and you need to swim through open doors and portholes to get to different parts of the ship wreck. Occasionally finding yourself in the open trying to get back inside part of the ship before "Ace" gets you.

I think GTA needs to start feeling like a game again, remember in San Andreas when CJ and Ryder get the "straps" from the army? And your using the fork lift, and then your throw boxes off the truck at them as they chase you? But GTA IV was all too cinematic and didn't have enough gameplay elements.

And as for just screwing arround outside missions:

Just think of the fun you could have, going into the sea to a far enough distance away from the beach, at a certain time when they are more likely to be found. Then getting the coast guard after you, shoot some of them with a shot gun and they fall off the boat into the sea, and their blood lures in the sharks.

Lower your wanted level, jump on to the coast guard boats, then push the remaining coast guards off into the sea and watch "Ace" launch out of the water and eat them up!