How much do we REALLY know?

Racecarlock

We have one trailer and some magazine quotes. The most we can gather from both is sketchy protagonist motivation, location, and vague idea of map size. And yet you people are already predicting a 2013 release date. Not only that, but you people apparently know exactly how they're going to market and when. Excuse me, but, DO ANY OF YOU WORK AT ROCKSTAR? Because if not, you're probably not able to predict every single marketing move they'll ever make. All you have is sketchy at best pattern recognition and math that you got from previous mysteries on the site which could have been made up bullsh*t, and a street number in the trailer.

Did ANY of you predict the october 25th announcement and subsequent november 2nd trailer? If at least one of you did, then maybe I'll trust that one user. But it seems like everyone and their hamster knows everything about rockstar marketing and game release strategy after A TRAILER AND SOME MAGAZINE QUOTES. Seriously, I think we need some more concrete sources before declaring we know everything about rockstar's marketing strategy and game release schedule. But that's just me. What about you guys?

People want the game badly. So they are making things up for themselves, so they would be interested in what is coming up, and look out for things in the finished game. And if nobody cared about the game and didn't talk/speculate about anything, then this game would get a whole lot less popularity.

tenpennyisplainevil

oh shut up

we get our theories out of the trailer. we search for hidden messages in the trailer.

what should we do according to you? dozingoff.gif

oh shut up

we get our theories out of the trailer. we search for hidden messages in the trailer.

Exactly. Let's just stop getting interested in the game, and trying to find information about it, and trying to guess the release date. That seems like an amazing idea, for both us and R*!

Well could we at least have one central hype or release date topic for it? Because otherwise, the release date topic pops up every week. Also, no matter how much you analyze trailer and game release dates, I don't think you'll figure out the entire marketing strategy for V. Face it, we didn't predict the october 25th announcement or the november 2nd trailer. This is because no one can predict rockstar. Yet we keep trying. I don't get it.

Well could we at least have one central hype or release date topic for it? Because otherwise, the release date topic pops up every week. Also, no matter how much you analyze trailer and game release dates, I don't think you'll figure out the entire marketing strategy for V. Face it, we didn't predict the october 25th announcement or the november 2nd trailer. This is because no one can predict rockstar. Yet we keep trying. I don't get it.

Because if we don't keep trying and don't carry on being interested, we won't give a sh*t about the game.

Buffalo Soldier

Predicting a 2013 Release?

Dude we're f*cking predicting a 2012 release.

Predicting a 2013 Release?

Dude we're f*cking predicting a 2012 release.

Not this guy. http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=498103

Because if we don't keep trying and don't carry on being interested, we won't give a sh*t about the game.

But can't we also discuss location and potential gameplay mechanics? Those are also interesting. Also, your sentence is redundant. You basically said "If we stop being interested, we'll stop being interested". No duh.

DiarioDePernambuco

I predicted a GTA V announcement on the 10th anniversary of GTA III. (Not this user, but another). GTA V was announced a couple of days after the anniversary.

GTA V will get released in October 2012, I'm pretty sure about that.

Anywhore... enough of my predicting "skills".

You're right, we do not know that much about GTA V yet. We are not 100% sure who the protagonist is, we aren't even 100% sure if LA is the only city this fifth installment will feature.

Still... It looks like the game is close to being finished. People that say that it will get released in 2013 are just being pessimistic.

NotNikoBellic

The way I see it a LOT of things talked about on this forum is speculation, but until we get more official info why not speculate? And the trailer dosn't reveal all that much IMO, like the workout gym on the beach, how do we know you will actually be able to use it? Fact is we don't just like in GTA4 we saw the ferry terminal in LC, but we could not actually use it. I don't assume anything talked about on this forum in for sure unless it comes from R* themselves.

SGT. Johnson

Some people on here are pathetic that they can't think of anything but GTA. Look outside, what is that? It's the rest of the world! GTA will come; be patient and find something else to occupy your time!

Gawd; some of you make it sound like GTA is your crack and Rockstar is your dealer! There are other games you know!

Edited by SGT. Johnson

tenpennyisplainevil
Some people on here are pathetic that they can't think of anything but GTA. Look outside, what is that? It's the rest of the world! GTA will come; be patient and find something else to occupy your time!

God; some of you make it sound like GTA is your crack and Rockstar is your dealer! There are other games you know!

Leave God out of this! mad.gif

SGT. Johnson

Gawd; some of you make it sound like GTA is your crack and Rockstar is your dealer! There are other games you know!

Happy now?

tenpennyisplainevil

Happy now?

Leave Gawd out of this! mad.gif

God; some of you make it sound like GTA is your crack and Rockstar is your dealer! There are other games you know!

yeah but speaking off topic its people's choice to do whatever the F#&K they want if you dont like gta fanboyism why be here suicidal.gif

SGT. Johnson

Happy now?

Leave Gawd out of this! mad.gif

sneaky2.gif

But can't we also discuss location and potential gameplay mechanics? Those are also interesting. Also, your sentence is redundant. You basically said "If we stop being interested, we'll stop being interested". No duh.

There's not enough info to accuratly discus the Location or gameplay mechanics.

That street number is in multiple places in the trailer 2504, not just the curb.

That one minute of trailer is the tangible evidence, a lot can just be assumed, how much is revised? That's still speculation without an interview specific to it, BUT I am convinced if you love GTA's past, this should offer more of the same at the very least! Come On people, what's the problem if you're actively here? If you don't like ELEMENTS of GTA IV, expect 5 to do away with some flaws, maybe not all, but I suspect they have to, it's needed to refresh the proven formula you can already rely on to expect, more a given then not.

Cole Phelps Gta

Im sick of people like the op. If you dont like this forum and the things we discuss. f*ck off. It's really that simple

#HEEL

You're too cowardly to even take the heat for it from the people you troll, instead running to the moderators wasting our time with sh*t you started. GTFO.

#BANHAMMER

Your sentence is redundant. You basically said "If we stop being interested, we'll stop being interested". No duh.

No, what I meant was "If we stop being interested during the development, then we will not be that interested when the final product comes out".

Did ANY of you predict the october 25th announcement and subsequent november 2nd trailer? If at least one of you did, then maybe I'll trust that one user.

Well, I said that October was the last chance for GTA news, so I guess everyone should follow what I say. My first command is that you ignore my later posts (close to the 25th October) when I start to doubt that anything was going to happen, and also the posts of some others who thought something would happen late October because of the 10th anniversary of GTA III. And also ignore the fact that IsItFridayAlready found a reference to "GTA V" in XML on Rockstar Social Club exactly - to the day - a month before V was announced.

My point is, everyone here is guessing, but some (e.g. Magic_Al, Adriaan) make educated guesses on the basis of evidence, and while that doesn't always pan out as hoped, there's usually some gain: for example, Adriaan was the first to point out that Take-Two tends to release news close to shareholder meetings or financial reports. Every subsequent financial report has proven this right, just not always with the news most of us are waiting for. So guessing is good, as long as it is based on something solid, not rumour or obviously fake "leaks".

Also, if people stop speculating, they'll start discussing how cool and lifelike it would be if fuel was in GTA V. Do you honestly want that?

f*ck god icon14.gif

My name is Kunta Kinte 9000, and you can Kunta-kiss my ass!

expectedtorockall

*Removed

Edited by expectedtorockall

F**k everything these clowns are making up, all I know is the game is called GTA V...

I think the amazing thing is that in the end a huge game like GTA 5 will be selled for the same price as a big DLC like MW3! mercie_blink.gif

Jimmy_Leppard

oh shut up

You don't know what you wanna do with yourself. According to me, you should shut the f*ck up, take a deep breath, stop spamming the forum with everything you see or hear about GTA V and focus your minds on some other things.

Apparently, you all have a huge interest in the game. So, if you focus your minds on other things and stop blowing your minds 24/7 on crazy thoughts and ''hidden'' messages from the trailer which don't exist for a while, you won't lose any interest in the game, you will just spare yourself a lot of nerve losing.

EDIT: Also,

The game won't be released sooner just because you lose your minds over it.

I really don't know how you'll act on your wedding or your first sexual experience. You'll most probably faint lol

Edited by Jimmy_Leppard