Task Manager problems.

omgz153

Well for a few months now I have had an annoying problem revolving around my task manager. Whenever I turn it on it appears on my toolbar but I don't see it anywhere. I'm suspecting it was a virus that caused the damage but I don't know how to restore it to it's original state. Thanks in advance.

friendly luggage

What OS have you got? What happens when you CTRL ALT DELETE? The task manager hasn't been dragged to the corner somewhere has it?

Boot into SafeMode and open the task manager there and see if you get the same problem.

If you're using XP, open the task manager, right-click on the taskbar button for it and select MOVE now use the arrow keys to move it around.

If you're using Vista/7 you can do the same thing, but you have to hold Shift when you right-click on the taskbar button for it. What also should happen here is the mouse should move to where the Task Manager's title bar is, you can still use the arrow keys to move it but I also noticed that just hitting any one of the keys will also cause the mouse arrow to lock onto the title bar thus allowing you to use the mouse to move it where ever you want. I can't say if the same is true for XP because I don't remember ever tried using it, I do know the mouse pointer turns into a 4-arrow pointer and as long as you don't click the mouse buttons you can use the arrow keys to move the window.

Boot into SafeMode and open the task manager there and see if you get the same problem.

If you're using XP, open the task manager, right-click on the taskbar button for it and select MOVE now use the arrow keys to move it around.

If you're using Vista/7 you can do the same thing, but you have to hold Shift when you right-click on the taskbar button for it. What also should happen here is the mouse should move to where the Task Manager's title bar is, you can still use the arrow keys to move it but I also noticed that just hitting any one of the keys will also cause the mouse arrow to lock onto the title bar thus allowing you to use the mouse to move it where ever you want. I can't say if the same is true for XP because I don't remember ever tried using it, I do know the mouse pointer turns into a 4-arrow pointer and as long as you don't click the mouse buttons you can use the arrow keys to move the window.

Yes that solved my problem! I honestly was confused on what was going on with my task manager but right clicking and pressing move seemed to do the trick! Thanks for your help Wolf!

babble babble babble I can't learn to read that the problem is fixed babble babble babble

Edited by Wolf68k