Shares?

Samsuxx

I'm sorry when this has already been discussed before, I searched for it but found nothing.

Anyway, btt:

What many criticised in nearly every GTA was that you had much money but couldn't spend it. So I though of shares, and since V is about the pursuit of the almighty dollar, this would be a nice new feature imo.

You could buy shares from several companies and get money, but at the same time you can lose it, of course, too. Maybe you can found your own company as well and start a great business, but that seems to be unlikely. You could expand this idea with a real, working system which is on the pc, too. Like the B-spec mode from Gran Turismo 5. So that you can see on Social Club how stock price is today and buy and sell them via internet. I would also be really nice if market goes "beyond your game" (I don't know any expression to say what I am trying to say). I mean that if for example Company A makes a plus of 2%, that the same company A makes a plus of 2% in every game. So that it works in real time for every player. You could maybe trade with you friends, too. But the last two points seem very unrealistic to me, though it would be nice if they are in the final game.

So, I'm sorry if you couldn't understand what I said, but I hope you could understand it. What do you think of it? Any chance for that kind of a system in the game?

Cheers

I'm sorry when this has already been discussed before, I searched for it but found nothing.

Anyway, btt:

What many criticised in nearly every GTA was that you had much money but couldn't spend it. So I though of shares, and since V is about the pursuit of the almighty dollar, this would be a nice new feature imo.

You could buy shares from several companies and get money, but at the same time you can lose it, of course, too. Maybe you can found your own company as well and start a great business, but that seems to be unlikely. You could expand this idea with a real, working system which is on the pc, too. Like the B-spec mode from Gran Turismo 5. So that you can see on Social Club how stock price is today and buy and sell them via internet. I would also be really nice if market goes "beyond your game" (I don't know any expression to say what I am trying to say). I mean that if for example Company A makes a plus of 2%, that the same company A makes a plus of 2% in every game. So that it works in real time for every player. You could maybe trade with you friends, too. But the last two points seem very unrealistic to me, though it would be nice if they are in the final game.

So, I'm sorry if you couldn't understand what I said, but I hope you could understand it. What do you think of it? Any chance for that kind of a system in the game?

Cheers

I like your ideas about having your own business and I think it would be cool to customize your own shops and pick what items you sell or the type of store you are! (Hardware, electronics, weapons, ect....) But I don't think a whole economy will work in this game because one, The whole economy in general is bad everywhere you go and two, If you do loose money than you become homeless and I don't want to loose my cars or house! D:

Just think: Grand Theft Great Depression V?????

DiarioDePernambuco

I agree. If we could buy shares, then there are no limit of how rich we can be.

I want to be super rich biggrin.gif

I like your ideas about having your own business and I think it would be cool to customize your own shops and pick what items you sell or the type of store you are! (Hardware, electronics, weapons, ect....) But I don't think a whole economy will work in this game because one, The whole economy in general is bad everywhere you go and two, If you do loose money than you become homeless and I don't want to loose my cars or house! D:

But at the same time you can win. That's the thing with shares: either you win or you lose. But you could combine the "economy is bad"-setting with your work as a business man. If you don't give a sh*t for the poor, they won't like you. Like in RDR with that honor-system.

I prefer it being in realtime as i said. So that you have to be careful because it goes on even when you are not playing. But when you are poor, your savehouse automatically becomes one of the tents under the bridge biggrin.gif

But at the same time you can win. That's the thing with shares: either you win or you lose. But you could combine the "economy is bad"-setting with your work as a business man. If you don't give a sh*t for the poor, they won't like you. Like in RDR with that honor-system.

I prefer it being in realtime as i said. So that you have to be careful because it goes on even when you are not playing. But when you are poor, your savehouse automatically becomes one of the tents under the bridge biggrin.gif

Eh. I guess I am just not seeing eye to eye with you buddy... confused.gif

But idk, haha it is a original idea so I can't know if my brain can process me being poor in GTA cause you have always been able to be rich really easy. >.<

On a similar note will we get stimulus packages that actually work and a President that will help us out that isn't like the one we have???

Haha jkjk but Being poor just seems like a big kick in the ass.

I play video games to escape my real life and if I am going to be poor in a game I might as well just not be playing the game haha xP

Noooo video games are supposed to be fun, I don't want to play a wall street simulation, I want to play GTA! You know: cars, guns, gangs, crims, assassins, explosions, etc. that is what GTA is about.

Noooo video games are supposed to be fun, I don't want to play a wall street simulation, I want to play GTA! You know: cars, guns, gangs, crims, assassins, explosions, etc. that is what GTA is about.

Sure, and those are the reason I love GTA. But as an option it would be nice imo. I mean, irl you don't HAVE to buy shares, too. You can, but noone is forcing to doing so. Same with GTAV if it has it. I would like it and it would probably keeping me longer playing it.

The next NBA game should feature horseback riding, or travelling to a different planet. Y'know, you won't be forced to use it, but you'll have the option and I like it.

Also, please make Batman a playable character in the next Mass Effect game. I'd like it and you won't be forced to use it so it's logical.

Edited by Zip87

The next NBA game should feature horseback riding, or travelling to a different planet. Y'know, you won't be forced to use it, but you'll have the option and I like it.

Also, please make Batman a playable character in the next Mass Effect game. I'd like it and you won't be forced to use it so it's logical.

I don't see any reason for becoming zynical as it would fit to the press release and the game. I was just thinking what the sentence "and the pursuit of the almighty dollar" could mean and that is what came into my mind. Okay, you're right - GTA is no wall street simulation. But

since they said "a bold-new direction", I'd expect some new features.

But if you like Batman being a playable character in the next ME, you've got one supporter. icon14.gif

I like the way you think OP. It's just that I'm not too keen on this idea. I mean afterall, in GTA you play as a criminal. I wouldn't think there would be much interest in shares. I'm all for running businesses though similar to VCS empire system. Just think, that was in the 80's. Imagine how one would run businesses in the present day. Your smart phone would be your best friend. You could use it for business calls, arrange deals, hire security, ect. ect. Was also thinking there could be a banking system in the game where all the money earned through your businesses is directly deposited into a bank account, and you could swing by an ATM anytime you want to collect your earnings.

They need to bring the empire managing element back from VCS. I don't see why they wouldn't. Afterall, V is all about the money. Plus they brought the RESPECT bar from GTA 2 and put it in San Andreas. So who's to say they won't bring back empire managing?

kSTG7.png

[O]tter[ba]nned Oct 8, 2013, for 91 days.

Buying shares isn't hard, but it can get complicated. I have shares in Three companies, but I sure wouldn't bother if I was able to do 1/4 of the things for money that could be done in a simulated crime game. Terrible idea, your next suggestion perhaps we do our W2's in the game as well?

fV9tG4b.gif

I don't see any reason for becoming zynical as it would fit to the press release and the game. I was just thinking what the sentence "and the pursuit of the almighty dollar" could mean and that is what came into my mind. Okay, you're right - GTA is no wall street simulation. But

since they said "a bold-new direction", I'd expect some new features.

But if you like Batman being a playable character in the next ME, you've got one supporter. icon14.gif

Having your idea in a GTA game is as logical as any of the thing's i've listed. Sure your idea might be good on its own. I don't know, I don't find it amusing, but it's a tps game, not a management simulator. As close as you'll get to management is taking out rivals with guns, or intimidate some others.

It doesn't make sense in any way, even considering the press release quote. Anyone who has a basic understanding of how games are designed and how videogame development works would laugh at such an idea. Sorry.

I`ve made a nice heap of money the last days sitting on 9k TTWO shares wink.gif

Take Two is going to go 30-50% the next 6 months because of the great lineup of games they release this year.

They are currently underprized. I think ACT/Blizzard is gonna make a bid on them..

That is some REAL share info for ya smile.gif

Get in before it`s too late..

I`ve made a nice heap of money the last days sitting on 9k TTWO shares wink.gif

Take Two is going to go 30-50% the next 6 months because of the great lineup of games they release this year.

They are currently underprized. I think ACT/Blizzard is gonna make a bid on them..

That is some REAL share info for ya smile.gif

Get in before it`s too late..

Closing at $14.76 and a P/E ratio -31.19? No you are not. smile.gif

fV9tG4b.gif

Sure, and those are the reason I love GTA. But as an option it would be nice imo. I mean, irl you don't HAVE to buy shares, too. You can, but noone is forcing to doing so. Same with GTAV if it has it. I would like it and it would probably keeping me longer playing it.

Well, as long as I don't HAVE to do it, sure. But rest assured that I won't be using it, as I don't play games to do stock market math.

Prodigalsunz

I like empire building, but trading shares? I don't know.

I would rather blow all my money gambling I guess.

Yeah, gambling would be a much better idea then shares. Essentially, it's the same thing if you think about it.

kSTG7.png

Well, as long as I don't HAVE to do it, sure. But rest assured that I won't be using it, as I don't play games to do stock market math.

Who doesnt llike trading shares at BAWSAQ? I'm in. biggrin.gif

Grand_Theft_Peanut

I did a course on share market investments so i am fairly well rounded in the share market but how will players who don't know much about it get by? If something like that is included it has to be really simple to use and understand otherwise a lot of players will feel like they are missing out

Sounds fun, that and gambling can be a good addition to this game.

Uh, what's your definition of fun?

Great idea OP. I really like it.

What's up with "gta is shooting, driving, killing" bullsh*t? If there would be a system like that, it won't be mandatory or anything. I understand that most people who play gta aren't even smart enough to actually realise what the stock market really is (and its importance) but hey, no one's forcing you. Chill out. Be idiots elsewhere.

Great idea OP. I really like it.

What's up with "gta is shooting, driving, killing" bullsh*t? If there would be a system like that, it won't be mandatory or anything. I understand that most people who play gta aren't even smart enough to actually realise what the stock market really is (and its importance) but hey, no one's forcing you. Chill out. Be idiots elsewhere.

It's not that people are idiots, it just doesn't fit for a GTA game. It's about crime, not relying on the stock market. You're a motherf*cking criminal who takes what he wants. However, I see no problem with empire managing, as I mentioned before.

kSTG7.png

I like the idea but there is one flaw that is...

Let's just say your cousin moved in with you and due to your idea, you loose a lot of money and your house, leaving you homeless. Then out of nowhere, in an argument your having with cousin, during a mission, the protag says "you are a rich chopping board" to his cousin. It wouldn't make sense seeing as your both homeless. If something like this was implemented in the game it would somewhat have to effect the storyline.

Sounds fun, that and gambling can be a good addition to this game.

Uh, what's your definition of fun?

Fun like, smart fun i guess, a nice change of pace from the usual shooting and running.

Kinda like RDR, you played as this badass outlaw shooting bandits and sh*t and at the same time you could play games like poker(texas hold'em), blackjack and liars dice as a minigame.

If done correctly a stock minigame could be interesting.

Now that I think about it, it really wouldn't be possible/realistic to have a single stock market for all players via internet. Because let's say there's a mission in the game where you rob a really high profile jewerly store, it's stock would make a really big dive the next day. But that can't be the case if there is a signle stock market online.

Of course this is just speculation as there is probably not going to be a similar feature to begin with, but one can dream.

nightwalker83

I knew it! The main character of GTA V is Ruperted Murdoch. The player has to hire the criminals to protect his fortune. biggrin.gif

I knew it! The main character of GTA V is Ruperted Murdoch. The player has to hire the criminals to protect his fortune. biggrin.gif

Oh wow, this would be amazing actually. lol.

kSTG7.png