GTA V debut trailer=Giant Max Payne 3 Hype?

Versous

First of all: I did use the search and there's a thread about the date of the debut trailer might be the reason to tell people that MP3 is gonna get delayed. That's not my point!

And before you even think about to write things like " MP3 is a game that nobody needs" then I know that you already lost and that you must be pretty ignorant.

And before you want to bash me for making this thread I can already tell you, that I won't give a single f*ck!

Why does this forum exist? To talk about Charlie Sheen's possible comeback on two and a half men or to talk about if Lady Gaga used to be a man? Think about it and go elsewhere with your "Facebook status" comments which makes no sense at all on a forum like that!

Whatever, you already know my question! Did they release the GTA V trailer to generate a much bigger hype for Max Payne 3? What do you think?

For me its obvious that they have more daily visitors on their site since the V trailer which probably leads to a bigger Max Payne 3 "hype!"

Edited by Versous

I posted a trailer for the GTA IV: San Andreas mod, so now the hype for Modern Warfare 3 will increase! sigh.gif

I posted a trailer for the GTA IV: San Andreas mod, so now the hype for Modern Warfare 3 will increase! sigh.gif

Your a dumbass and mis read what he is trying to say completely. He is saying because they release a debut V trailer more people are gonna visit the site daily hoping for more information however all that is being hyped on R* site is Max payne 3. When they visit the site daily hoping for V information really they are secretly being hyped for Max Payne 3.

At least no*facepalm* thank you! sigh.gif

R* have done so, absolutely. It's smart and effective marketing, and makes all the sense in the world. I am not being sarcastic, if I had an IP like GTA on my hands, and some lesser known ones such as Max Payne, i'd try my best to market that game using the leverage from the other game, makes perfect sense.

Snake Without a Tongue

Yes, and it worked. I'm going to play the taste out of Max Payne's mouth until GTAV comes out.

Oh yeah, they're definitely using V to get eyes on MP3. I've previously said (though some think the reasoning is crazy) that the prospect of V could actually drive sales of Max Payne 3, even if V is released close to it (not 24/05 close, maybe, but in the summer).

And I have to say their devious marketing strategy has worked on me too. I buying it on day one.

What's a good way to get people to visit your website to find out about Max Payne 3? Release a trailer for what could possibly be the most anticipated video game of all time. I wouldn't say it's their only reason they released the trailer at the time they did, obviously, but I'm sure it was part of the reason.

Your a dumbass and mis read what he is trying to say completely. He is saying because they release a debut V trailer more people are gonna visit the site daily hoping for more information however all that is being hyped on R* site is Max payne 3. When they visit the site daily hoping for V information really they are secretly being hyped for Max Payne 3.

this.

Buffalo Soldier

I really don't think so.

On the internet forums and stuff? Yes definitely.

But the casual gamer - who probably seen the GTA V trailer on YouTube, wrote something about it on Facebook and then left it at that - doesn't give a f*ck about Max Payne 3.

I really don't think so.

On the internet forums and stuff? Yes definitely.

But the casual gamer - who probably seen the GTA V trailer on YouTube, wrote something about it on Facebook and then left it at that - doesn't give a f*ck about Max Payne 3.

Yeah but even the casual gamer know the name of the developper... Why not take a look from time to time at their Homepage then?

R* is smart, very smart!

Edited by Versous

Like I said many times before, GTA trailer didn't came when they firstly planned.

The reason was, stockholders and to make people visit daily GTA website, I bet before the trailer countdown it was empty now people go there daily more then one time, and when they get there they see "MP3 screen-shots", "GTA III anniversary", "RDR event" ... and since there is nothing about GTA they take a look at those.

Otherwise people wouldn't have the "need" to check the website so often, thats my opinion.

JoanCrawford

The MP and GTA franchises are completely different. They cant expect us to focus only on Max Payne just because they are developed by the same company.

G1T

tenpennyisplainevil

nice theory. it does make sense... they get a lot of people on their site now and only release MP3 info. more people will see and get to know MP3, so there are more potential buyers. i must say, that is really smart. they're using GTA's fame to promote MP3, and if MP3 will be a good game it'll have a way bigger fanbase than before. very very smart

Thats exactly what I was thinking, and they could still release GTA V in May and it would still improove MP3's sales because for me I had 0% interest in MP3 but since the GTA V trailer back in November I am 92% likeley to get MP3 on launch with 99% likeley hood of getting it before GTA V but 100% likeleyhood of me getting MP3. Plus ive got a feeling that they wanted to help Saints Row The Third out by releasing the trailer when they did because it would give people a sandbox game to play if theyve played GTA so much that they know parts of Liberty city better than they know the city they live in.

Edited by llpalm08

tenpennyisplainevil

MP3 is a terribly underrated game. if people would just see how great it is they will buy it. now, the entire GTA fanbase probably heard of MP3 and have found out its a great game, so MP3 probably tripled the sales they would do without this attention. R* is such a genius. i hope they release V in may...

JoanCrawford

MP3 is a terribly underrated game. if people would just see how great it is they will buy it. now, the entire GTA fanbase probably heard of MP3 and have found out its a great game, so MP3 probably tripled the sales they would do without this attention. R* is such a genius. i hope they release V in may...

Ive played it before and it is boring. If it deserved so much attention than it wouldve already gotten it. As for the May release, you have all blown it. \"R* you are such a genius! All I want to do is play MP3! ZOMG!1!!\" What do you think that impression gives them? They are going keep holding more V info until you all stop being so damned excited about MP3. You only have yourselves to blame. sarcasm.gif

Edited by JoanCrawford
G1T

tenpennyisplainevil

Ive played it before and it is boring. If it deserved so much attention than it wouldve already gotten it.

i mean that the new AI and stuff looks very promising. and without this attention it would never be found out by many people, since there arent many that know the game

Ive played it before and it is boring. If it deserved so much attention than it wouldve already gotten it.

I've played it before and it's brilliant. The reason it hasn't got the attention it deserved is because the last game was about 10 years ago, so a whole generation of gamers have grown up without knowing the simple pleasure of leaping into a room in slow motion and picking off a group of goons armed with Kalashnikovs.

Many people here I think are right on the money. MP2 was released in 2003 and many people have either forgotten it or have never played it. So to release V's trailer when they did and promote MP3 on their site more than V is easy publicity. As for people not caring about MP3 since now they have seen V's trailer, well thats just dumb and if anything you can play it while waiting for V. It will be amazing.

If Max Payne 3 fails,GTA V will be the backup.

If GTA V gets boring,Max Payne 3 is where to go.

NOOO DONT POST THAT ! YOUL KILL US AL ! D:

ok OT:

ofcourse they hype that , if you sell bananas you would sell them to everyone right ? well the bananas are games , and "you" are rockstar

Ive played it before and it is boring. If it deserved so much attention than it wouldve already gotten it. As for the May release, you have all blown it. \"R* you are such a genius! All I want to do is play MP3! ZOMG!1!!\" What do you think that impression gives them? They are going keep holding more V info until you all stop being so damned excited about MP3. You only have yourselves to blame. sarcasm.gif

Hey jackwagon if it wasn't for mp3 we prolly wouldn't even have got the official annoucment for V or the trailer yet sleepy.gif

Edited by daseemore

I'm actually more excited for MP3 than V, personally. The first two were excellent and I can't wait for the next one.

Finn 7 five 11

Joan, come on, nothing ever got popular without advertisement of some sort, just because it isn't recognized it doesn't mean it is isn't worthy of that recognition.

I haven't played the first two Max Payne's, you clearly have, and you did not like them, that is personal opinion, besides, Generally rockstar games are pretty different from their predecessors, even more so that it is being released on current gen consoles.

Yes, and it worked, i wasn't going to buy Max Payne 3, but i'm buying it now to play it before GTA V releases

Generally rockstar games are pretty different from their predecessors, even more so that it is being released on current gen consoles.

Rockstar didn't develop the first two Max Payne games, they only published them. They were made by Remedy.

This was a good move, look at all the comments I had!

Maybe it'll increase the hype for V:

More people read this thread -> More people in V section (-> More people on GTAF) -> More people curious about V -> More people who think 'Let's check the R* site!' lol.gif

JoshGTAfreak

At first I was thinking "As if..." Then I read the way you explained it, and I think you're partially right. They most likely did to it to help out MP3. I mean sine they've announced V, they'd have more like on facebook, more twitter followers and more youtube subscribers.

I do hope MP3 does well. I did love MP2.