Cannot delete spawns

Crystalii

Hello!

I have a few questions about mapping and i hope you could answer them tounge.gif

1. I am using med mapeditor for San andreas and i was trying to delete the hydra spawns at area 51 landing strip. The reason is because i can't land something while they are in the way.

So how do i delete the hydra spawns from the landing strip?

2. I made my own landing strip in the desert but when i fly there.. grass and small trees has grown on the landing strip, is there some configuration i have to make to prevent anything from growing there?

3. Does anyone know how to make hangars that actually saves whatever it is inside ? I mean i can make the hangar but it does not save :S

4. And last but not least, how can i make doors that only opens to pilots aka me ? I mean there's one in every airport but when you got there on the mapeditor, the doors are not there ?

The Area 69 Hydras are "SCM vehicles". The are added to the save by the script when a new game is created. The vehicles are hidden until the Vertical Bird mission is completed. You can hide the vehicles again by including the codes listed below in a CLEO script.

014C: set_parked_car_generator $5181 cars_to_generate_to 0 // Area 69 S Hydra 014C: set_parked_car_generator $5182 cars_to_generate_to 0 // Area 69 N Hydra

The vehicles can be completely removed from the save by unallocating them from the game's memory.

// Untested code that unallocates the Area 69 Hydras so that they won't be saved.{$CLEO .cs}0000:while truewait 250if 0AB0:   key_pressed 0x77    // F8  then                                                                         0085: 0@ = $5181   // index of the Area 69 S Hydra 0@ *= 0x20             // cargen record size 0@ += 0x00c27ad0 // start of cargen structure 0@ += 0x1D            // offset to allocation byte (save offset -2) 0A8C: write_memory 0@ size 1 value 0 virtual_protect 0 0085: 0@ = $5182   // index of the Area 69 N Hydra 0@ *= 0x20             // cargen record size 0@ += 0x00c27ad0 // start of cargen structure 0@ += 0x1D            // offset to allocation byte (save offset -2) 0A8C: write_memory 0@ size 1 value 0 virtual_protect 0 // set the Hydra global variables to the East LS Clover // so the Vertical Bird mission won't try to display vehicles that don't exist 0084: $5181 = $2766   // index of the East LS Clover 0084: $5182 = $2766   // index of the East LS Clover // Edit the coordinates and uncomment the lines below to move the Hydras someplace else //014B: $5181 = init_parked_car_generator #HYDRA color -1 -1 force_spawn 0 alarm_pct 0 lock_pct 0 ipl_11 0 value 10000 at 307.35 1990.25 17.21 angle 320.0  // Area 69 S Hydra //014B: $5182 = init_parked_car_generator #HYDRA color -1 -1 force_spawn 0 alarm_pct 0 lock_pct 0 ipl_11 0 value 10000 at 307.35 2031.36 17.21 angle 320.0  // Area 69 N Hydra // Uncomment these lines if you want to display the Hydras right away //014C: set_parked_car_generator $5181 cars_to_generate_to 101 // Area 69 S Hydra  //014C: set_parked_car_generator $5182 cars_to_generate_to 101 // Area 69 N Hydra wait 250 00BB: show_text_lowpriority GXT 'FESZ_LS' time 2000 flag 1  // Load Successful.endend

If you go with the "move" option then be sure to press F8 only once or you will get extra Hydras added to the save.

Edited by OrionSR

The Area 69 Hydras are "SCM vehicles". The are added to the save by the script when a new game is created. The vehicles are hidden until the Vertical Bird mission is completed. You can hide the vehicles again by including the codes listed below in a CLEO script.

014C: set_parked_car_generator $5181 cars_to_generate_to 0 // Area 69 S Hydra 014C: set_parked_car_generator $5182 cars_to_generate_to 0 // Area 69 N Hydra

The vehicles can be completely removed from the save by unallocating them from the game's memory.

// Untested code that unallocates the Area 69 Hydras so that they won't be saved.{$CLEO .cs}0000:while truewait 250if 0AB0:   key_pressed 0x77    // F8  then                                                                         0085: 0@ = $5181   // index of the Area 69 S Hydra 0@ *= 0x20             // cargen record size 0@ += 0x00c27ad0 // start of cargen structure 0@ += 0x1D            // offset to allocation byte (save offset -2) 0A8C: write_memory 0@ size 1 value 0 virtual_protect 0 0085: 0@ = $5182   // index of the Area 69 N Hydra 0@ *= 0x20             // cargen record size 0@ += 0x00c27ad0 // start of cargen structure 0@ += 0x1D            // offset to allocation byte (save offset -2) 0A8C: write_memory 0@ size 1 value 0 virtual_protect 0 // set the Hydra global variables to the East LS Clover // so the Vertical Bird mission won't try to display vehicles that don't exist 0084: $5181 = $2766   // index of the East LS Clover 0084: $5182 = $2766   // index of the East LS Clover // Edit the coordinates and uncomment the lines below to move the Hydras someplace else //014B: $5181 = init_parked_car_generator #HYDRA color -1 -1 force_spawn 0 alarm_pct 0 lock_pct 0 ipl_11 0 value 10000 at 307.35 1990.25 17.21 angle 320.0  // Area 69 S Hydra //014B: $5182 = init_parked_car_generator #HYDRA color -1 -1 force_spawn 0 alarm_pct 0 lock_pct 0 ipl_11 0 value 10000 at 307.35 2031.36 17.21 angle 320.0  // Area 69 N Hydra // Uncomment these lines if you want to display the Hydras right away //014C: set_parked_car_generator $5181 cars_to_generate_to 101 // Area 69 S Hydra  //014C: set_parked_car_generator $5182 cars_to_generate_to 101 // Area 69 N Hydra wait 250 00BB: show_text_lowpriority GXT 'FESZ_LS' time 2000 flag 1  // Load Successful.endend

If you go with the "move" option then be sure to press F8 only once or you will get extra Hydras added to the save.

Yes well i just downloaded CLEO 4 and Sannybuilder 3 and copied & pasted in the code in sannybuilder and then i compiled it.

Now when i run gta sa and loads my game or starts a new game, after the loading is finished the game crashes :S

Any ideas where i might done wrong?

No, I'm not sure what could be wrong. I haven't used CLEO 4 so I can't offer an opinion on that issue. The script was based on a CLEO 3 code I've used successfully in the past. Since the script might be causing the problem I'll try to run in with CLEO 3 just to make sure I didn't make any errors when adapting the codes to your situation.

In the mean time you might try removing all CLEO scripts to see if the game will start without CLEO 4 running any scripts. If you are still having problems then perhaps someone familiar with CLEO 4 can help you out.

Update: The Hydras were successfully removed using CLEO 3. Perhaps the script is not compatible with CLEO 4, or CLEO 4 is not installed properly - I wouldn't know.

Edited by OrionSR

Yes i removed CLEO and the game still crashed.

Fortunately i have a backup of the whole game and i will try to install CLEO 3 this time and do the same. Just a question, i mean i just have to paste this code to sanny builder and press compile + copy right? nothing else like editing something in the code?

I'll inform you of the results.

Yes, that basically what I did: Copy, paste (changed the keypress to F2 because I think I've already got an F8 key script installed), compile & copy, provided a save name, and fired up SA.

Alright, it worked. I uncommented the two lines of code then i went to area 51 and then pressed F8 and then saved the game. Now they're gone but i detected that there are a helicopter and a vechile that also blocks the landing strip.

So i mean can somebody adjust the code to delete those too?

The Cargobob, Patriot, and Barracks parked in area 69 cannot be deleted using this method. Unlike the Hydras and Rhinos which are added to the save by the scripts, these vehicles are streamed in from binary IPL files. To remove them completely you will need to edit the files archived in GTA3.IMG. At one point I knew how to extract and view the binary IPL files but I don't know how to edit them.

Damn, alright then i'll hope someone else could help me with it.

But do you have any ideas on the other problems i have?

At one point I knew how to extract and view the binary IPL files but I don't know how to edit them.

I think it's the best to use IPL Helper to mess with them.

Yeah, okay... I suppose that since I figured out how to extract and view the binary IPLs I could probably figure out how to edit one and repackage it back into GTA3.IMG. But it's not really my thing. My specialty is save file editing. I prefer to keep my data files in their original state. What concerns me about this process is that I might have problems getting the binary IPL files back into the archive in the same order as this would screw with the bridge barriers and other streamed objects (Truth's crops, SF crack factory building, Smoke's Crack Palace entry) which depend on the sequence of the binary IPLs to determine which objects are enabled (a major difference between v1 and v2). It would also confuse tools that analyze these objects in the save file. So... I can't do more than point the TC in the general direction of a solution.

If you decide to pursue this type of modification then try looking in countn2_stream7.ipl for the lines listed below. Hopefully I haven't confused these binary IPL files with the ones I extracted from PS2.

cars296.12701, 1925.94995, 17.24620, 218.17, 548, -1, -1, 0, 0, 0, -1, -1301.80801, 1863.88000, 17.24620, -0.00, 433, -1, -1, 0, 0, 0, -1, -1304.80600, 1839.45996, 19.61630, 43.63, 470, -1, -1, 0, 0, 0, -1, -1end

2. grass and small trees I haven't a clue, sorry.

3 & 4. The way the game normally handles save garages is to place a garage zone around the garage object in the "text" IPL files found in the \DATA\MAPS folder. The game engine handles all the details for opening and closing the door and saving the vehicles inside. Unfortunately, all of the garages are used in a standard game. To work around this limitation for the custom Chain Game saves I moved one of the standard garages (Redsands West) to a different location (the dock by Toreno's Ranch) in order to create a boat garage. I did not make any garage buildings or doors so the vehicles simply appear and disappear when the garage is used. This type of modification would normally require a new game to move the garage but I have learned to move a garage using memory writes in a CLEO 3 script. I could provide some example codes if you are interesting in this type of modification.

Item Placement: Garage Documentation

4. Garage Doors: Again, I have very little experience with map editing, but I remember reading a report on the unused Pay'n'Spray in LV that stated the reason this garage did not work was because the door was placed backwards. If you could track down this topic you might be able to learn more about where the garage doors are recorded and how to set them up properly. Apparently the doors need a special flag to allow them to move, but that's all I can remember on the subject. Actually, there is probably better documentation on garage objects and doors someplace, but I don't know where to look.

People have also written CLEO scripts to handle their newly created garages. Perhaps modifying one of these mods would provide a better solution. I suggest that you avoid any method that uses global variables to save the vehicles.

Edited by OrionSR