If GTA V was on 2 or 3 disks, would it then

JS1989

I also agree that it is impossible to expect all 3 cities on one disk but I was wondering whether it would be possible for GTA V to have 3 cities if it was on 3 disks(or 2).

Logically I think it is possible but im not an expert on this so, I wouldnt know.

i don't care if R* has to make the game on 20 disc i will buy it mad.gif

I didnt ask whether u would buy it, but thnx for the response.

It really shows that their packing alot into the game. GTA IV ended up being on two discs when they made the Complete Edition on the Xbox 360. Both the normal GTA IV and the Episodes were alot of content. If you play straight through, it will take you almost a week to finish all 3 story lines.

It really shows that their packing alot into the game. GTA IV ended up being on two discs when they made the Complete Edition on the Xbox 360. Both the normal GTA IV and the Episodes were alot of content. If you play straight through, it will take you almost a week to finish all 3 story lines.

yeah I agree, since GTA 4 complete edition was already on 2 disks it would be pretty reasenable to put GTA 5 on 2 disks, lately all big games come on 2 or more disks BF3 LA Noire both had 2 or more disks for example.

This is why I inlove.gif PS3, they can include 2 or 3 cities and still keep it on one disk.

i rlly dont care about disks as long the game is good, plus ms said they will be releasing bluray for xbox soon, PC 4 LIFE

JoanCrawford
This is why I inlove.gif PS3, they can include 2 or 3 cities and still keep it on one disk.

That is pretty awesome. smile.gif Although I kind of like my Xbox better because it has better graphics.

G1T

this would be great if PS3's online content and game selection didnt suck.

Official General

I also agree that it is impossible to expect all 3 cities on one disk but I was wondering whether it would be possible for GTA V to have 3 cities if it was on 3 disks(or 2).

Logically  I think it is possible but im not an expert on this so, I wouldnt know.

That probably will not be the case with the PS3. The PS3 can handle very big games on just one disc, as it uses Blu-Ray, so the PS3 version of GTA V will not be using multiple discs. That's only something you worry about if you only own a 360. The 360 version of GTA V will more likely use multiple discs, so your topic applies only to the 360.

Edited by Official General

This is why I  inlove.gif  PS3, they can include 2 or 3 cities and still keep it on one disk.

That is pretty awesome. smile.gif Although I kind of like my Xbox better because it has better graphics.

NOT true.

Check Charmin Charlies FAQ on GTA IV and you will see they have the same settings.

-------

If it was on PC I would go with Blu-Ray.

They would fit more stuff in there than on Xbox and PS3 anyways.

If people don't have Blu-Ray then it is about time you guys saved up some money for a good pc LOL

JoanCrawford
This is why I  inlove.gif  PS3, they can include 2 or 3 cities and still keep it on one disk.

NOT true.

Check Charmin Charlies FAQ on GTA IV and you will see they have the same settings.

-------

If people don\'t have Blu-Ray then it is about time you guys saved up some money for a good pc LOL

No, I just looked at a comparison and they look different. If PS3 starts getting better graphics I will definatley be getting one. smile.gif

G1T

They can have 1  disc for Story mode and 1 disc for Multiplayer

it would also be possible to have 3 story modes with 3 separate multiplayer content with 3 different protags on 3 disks.

Edited by JS1989

Really? I heard PS3 games are starting to look better than X360 games

If people don't have Blu-Ray then it is about time you guys saved up some money for a good pc LOL

Dude, Blu-Ray does not give much extra to PC's. Physical formats are outdated anyway, it's all about online content.

Besides, it would never happen (in the next 2 years) or they would still bring it on DVD.

----

I agree about the discs though, it would be more then logical to put it on multiple DVD's. I do however hope that the city can be installed so you won't have to change disks while driving.

just cause 2 is 7.4 gb of space mercie_blink.gif , a xbox 360 disc holds 8gb memory confused.gif and a blu ray can hold up to 200gb or possibly more colgate.gif so yeah if it is more than 1 disc for xbox expect something huge either in terms of size or other content but that dont mean lv or sf will be unless they say it will smile.giframpage_ani.gif

Edited by leyja

That would be true if it wasn't 2007 anymore. The PS3 has a great selection of exclusives and a wide array of online content.

GrandMaster Smith

Skyrim is huge and has like 5+ decent sized highly detailed cities plus more than enough landscape in between and it's only 3.8 gigs..

V would have to be twice the size of Skyrim to even begin thinking of putting it on two discs instead of one. I'm sure if they need to they'll get the right compression software to make it fit, from a marketing pov having to only use 1 disc instead of 2 would cut the cost in half, which imo would be a very smart move and investment..

PowerKracker

How would multiple discs work for a game like GTA?

It would require the cities to be completely separate areas that couldn't be visited seamlessly.

Problemses?

That would be true if it wasn't 2007 anymore. The PS3 has a great selection of exclusives and a wide array of online content.

Werd. Besides, I'm not a PS3 fanboy either. I literally went through 2 XBOX's in one year before buying my PS3. Havn't had an issue for 3-4 years now. I just like reliability.

Lame ass fanboy sh*t just couldn't escape this topic.... Damn children..

As for the topic, if GTA V did have multiple disks, then I think it would definitely be possible that SF and LV are in. Then again I'm pretty sure it can all be put on one disk.

caprisig.jpg

Suck a d*ck.

GrandTheftAuto101

Werd. Besides, I'm not a PS3 fanboy either. I literally went through 2 XBOX's in one year before buying my PS3. Havn't had an issue for 3-4 years now. I just like reliability.

my condolences

Suck a d*ck.

LMFAO, aww look, a silly little basement dwelling noob. In time kiddo.

Anyway, how many of you would get annoyed if you had to constantly switch discs in order to visit different cities?

caprisig.jpg

Lucky Sevens

Yes, there would be enough room to fit them in but, I'm over them.

I'd rather they use the extra space for new, different cities.

I don't know why in 2012 we're still using disks...

I'm for the digital,there're more possibilities on this way,make a game more bigger,detailed and fun without any disk.

Suck a d*ck.

LMFAO, aww look, a silly little basement dwelling noob. In time kiddo.

Anyway, how many of you would get annoyed if you had to constantly switch discs in order to visit different cities?

That's great. Noob at what exactly ?

How would multiple discs work for a game like GTA?

It would require the cities to be completely separate areas that couldn't be visited seamlessly.

It would work in the same way that Forza 3 & 4 works, you download the info from one disk onto the console and play it through the other disk so you dont need to switch disks everytime you get to a ceirtain point in the map. Or it could work in the same way as LA Noire where you have the whole map on every disk but you change disks throughout the storyline.