Is this why they announced GTA V when they did?

Ludzidocelowych

Ludzidocelowych

this may be a nice way of telling people MP3 is gonna get delayed, so they are softening the blow with GTA V?

Max Payne wont get delayed. Recently R* have been very true to their dates. They announced GTA V when they did to, very possibly(if they stick to their recent schedule of releasing six months after first trailer), cover the Summer months, as rarely nothing good comes out during Summer. If R* secure a summer release they will avoid the CoD commotion that will obviously make the game lose sales, and will increase profits as there will be next to nothing for the game to compete with.

Max Payne wont get delayed. Recently R* have been very true to their dates. They announced GTA V when they did to, very possibly(if they stick to their recent schedule of releasing six months after first trailer), cover the Summer months, as rarely nothing good comes out during Summer. If R* secure a summer release they will avoid the CoD commotion that will obviously make the game lose sales, and will increase profits as there will be next to nothing for the game to compete with.

This is a very good point.

Lucky Sevens

I think R* knows they could release this any time, and it will still sell.

Name one person, who won't buy it, because another game is released around the same time?

Maybe they won't buy it straight away (however most will), but they'll still buy it.

R* will release the game as soon as it is ready.

To promote Max Payne 3. Just one look at their website and it's obvious they're very desperate to get a Max Payne fanbase... I've heard it's a good game but honestly, not many people hear about it or know what it is apart from the hardcore nerdy types like forum goers.

To promote Max Payne 3. Just one look at their website and it's obvious they're very desperate to get a Max Payne fanbase... I've heard it's a good game but honestly, not many people hear about it or know what it is apart from the hardcore nerdy types like forum goers.

I don't think the goal is to count on old fans, but to make a game that stands alone and satisfies old fans as a bonus. Ideally MP3 sells more than any previous title and it will be the first MP game for lot of people.

I don't think there's desperation but there is determination to have a deeper well of non-GTA intellectual property play a bigger role in the company's bottom line. Being profitable only during the years Rockstar North does a GTA is not acceptable, and Red Dead Redemption broke out of that pattern, but if it's going to be 3 or 4 years between Rockstar North GTAs then there should be a half-dozen non-GTA games in the works at all times.

this may be a nice way of telling people MP3 is gonna get delayed, so they are softening the blow with GTA V?

3D Realms announced Max Payne when it did to soften the blow for the Duke Nukem Forever delay! tounge2.gif

ChillyPhilly

This Grand Theft Auto we're talking. THE biggest series, ever. People will buy a GTA title over CoD, any day of the week.

It's highly unlikely GTA V will come out six months after the first trailer, that's just wishful thinking I'm afraid. October 2012.

This Grand Theft Auto we're talking. THE biggest series, ever. People will buy a GTA title over CoD, any day of the week. 

Really? You think so?

http://www.gamespot.com/news/gta-episodes-...oct-nov-6242842

it appears that Episodes from Liberty City didn't make the big splash many thought it would when it shipped on October 29. According to US sales figures from the NPD Group, the expansion had sold less than 160,000 units as of November 28, when the industry-research firm's November period ended. In its first three days on sale, the compilation sold under 60,000 units, with around another 100,000 units being picked up during the following four weeks.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ca...-133682883.html

Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 3 has become the biggest entertainment launch ever with an estimated sell-through of more than $400 million and more than 6.5 million units in North America and the United Kingdom alone in the first 24 hours of its release

Check out the sales figures. EFLC fails to sell over 160k in its first week, mw3 sells over 400 million on launch day. R* are slipping. They could have easily beat CoD if they actually had released a GTA game this decade, but as it stands there has not been a new GTA this decade.

GET OVER 1 BILLION IN GTA ONLINE WITH THIS GLITCH

Join the best of the best. Join the Republic of Zee.http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/zeegtaforums

Add me on Xbox: ZeeGTAForums and PS3: mtkgta420

The Continuing Adventures of Zeehttp://www.youtube.com/ZeeGTAForums

http://www.twitch.tv/zeegtaf

Deji is a coward.

GTAV trailer released 11/2/2011

Max Payne 3 released in 3/X/2012.

1 1 + 2 + 2 0 1 1 = 8

3 + 2 0 1 2 = 8

What does this mean you may ask? I will tell you what this means! GTA 5 = Max Payne 3.

Check out the sales figures. EFLC fails to sell over 160k in its first week, mw3 sells over 400 million on launch day. R* are slipping. They could have easily beat CoD if they actually had released a GTA game this decade, but as it stands there has not been a new GTA this decade.

Uum, maybe thats because people might just have, and your not going to believe this, downloaded TBOGT instead of buying a whole new game. Also, if I remember rightly, and you wont believe this either, it werent on PS3 & PC on launch for EFLC.

ChillyPhilly

Really? You think so?

it appears that Episodes from Liberty City didn't make the big splash many thought it would when it shipped on October 29. According to US sales figures from the NPD Group, the expansion had sold less than 160,000 units as of November 28, when the industry-research firm's November period ended. In its first three days on sale, the compilation sold under 60,000 units, with around another 100,000 units being picked up during the following four weeks.

Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 3 has become the biggest entertainment launch ever with an estimated sell-through of more than $400 million and more than 6.5 million units in North America and the United Kingdom alone in the first 24 hours of its release

The Episodes is not a standalone game. Being a time exclusive for the 360 also hurt its chances to make a bigger splash. But yes, I sure do think so.

GTA IV held the record for biggest entertainment launch ever, and I'm certain it'll take the record back off Call of Duty when V is released.

It's nonsensical to compare an add-on with a full-blown new entry to a series. Rockstar are not slipping, pal. Poor logic here.

Gtaplayaminigun

Even though GTA V has the capability to beat COD's records, it won't be a good idea for them to release it head to head with COD. Unfortunately for GTA(well if it's released in Oct), COD has attracted a lot of fans it doesn't deserve. A lot of kids buy COD and their mommies would get them a soldier killer anyday over a civilian-killer-ho-banger. A lot of teens of the present day too seem to love COD more than GTA. Also, COD now isn't what it used to be back when GTA IV released. The fanbase seems to have tripled or quadrupled. So, it'll (unfortunately) definitely lose a lot of potential sales to COD..

call of duty is only good in the multiplayer department, the single player in that game lacks longevity and depth.

whereas grand theft auto has decent multiplayer but an awesome single player with a long storyline, many things to do and just fun.

back in the days before COD 4 was the days games were respected.

after COD 4 Sold sh*tloads, people just got into the FPS business and just tried really hard to outsell COD each and every year.

while gta has gone silent.

expect a massive revenue for GTA V and that it will become the best selling game of its ERA. excluding fkn Wii Sports and sh*t.

That would be so f*cking amazing......... but it's not gonna happen

G1T

Really? You think so?

The Episodes is not a standalone game. Being a time exclusive for the 360 also hurt its chances to make a bigger splash. But yes, I sure do think so.

GTA IV held the record for biggest entertainment launch ever, and I'm certain it'll take the record back off Call of Duty when V is released.

It's nonsensical to compare an add-on with a full-blown new entry to a series. Rockstar are not slipping, pal. Poor logic here.

Compare to GTAIV, or even LA Noire which sold abysmally then:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-06-...ow-our-estimate

GET OVER 1 BILLION IN GTA ONLINE WITH THIS GLITCH

Join the best of the best. Join the Republic of Zee.http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/zeegtaforums

Add me on Xbox: ZeeGTAForums and PS3: mtkgta420

The Continuing Adventures of Zeehttp://www.youtube.com/ZeeGTAForums

http://www.twitch.tv/zeegtaf

Deji is a coward.

Eternal Moonshine

Because is started less than a week ago. You're not even trying anymore. Please just go away

As always ......... Max Payne 3 will NOT get delayed; Grand Theft Auto V - October 2012

Because is started less than a week ago. You're not even trying anymore. Please just go away

You mean 2 years ago..

GTAV trailer released 11/2/2011

Max Payne 3 released in 3/X/2012.

1 1 + 2 + 2 0 1 1 = 8

3 + 2 0 1 2 = 8

What does this mean you may ask? I will tell you what this means! GTA 5 = Max Payne 3.

I thought I sucked at math.

11 + 2 + 2011 = 2024

3 + 2012 = 2015

Eternal Moonshine

You mean 2 years ago..

I feel so stupid right now suicidal.gif But Zee is seriously getting on my nerves. This stuff he says about CoD deserving its success is pure BS

I think it's to build hype for MP3. I don't mind because MP3 looks amazing.

after GTA V trailer nobody care about MP3 anymore like before

Dont you see on Rockstar website ?

G1T

I think they announced it to basically swoop over the entire gamer community to them, after awesome games like saints row 3, assassins creed and battlefield we get to see GTA v!!! That's gotta pull some attention onto Rockstar, which is pretty much a guarantee for more sales on GTA 5. Cause people (including me) are already going batsh*t insane over one single trailer for it.

As always ......... Max Payne 3 will NOT get delayed; Grand Theft Auto V - October 2012

I HOPE/PRAY that you are wrong.

Cole Phelps Gta

take 2 shares where low. They had to drop the trailer to keep the suits happy. If it wasn't for their shares dropping the trailer wouldn't of came out yet at all. This also explains why the trailer is a cutscene/ shown like a movie instead of a game

They didnt have any game play because it hasnt been created yet.

#HEEL

You're too cowardly to even take the heat for it from the people you troll, instead running to the moderators wasting our time with sh*t you started. GTFO.

#BANHAMMER

Eternal Moonshine
take 2 shares where low. They had to drop the trailer to keep the suits happy. If it wasn't for their shares dropping the trailer wouldn't of came out yet at all. This also explains why the trailer is a cutscene/ shown like a movie instead of a game

Have you ever seen any of previous GTA trailers? They all contain mostly cut scenes

I disagree. The trailer was almost entirely gameplay, shown from cinematic camera angles. The robbery is the only scene in the entire trailer that looks like a blocked-out motion capture performance. Besides that, they're showing off the variety of things peds are programmed to do and how the AI makes them react to each other. The car chases are played, not scripted. Rockstar has gameplay capture people who do nothing but record gameplay and when something cool happens they can replay the moment and change the camera angle, time of day and weather to whatever looks coolest. There was an article that mentioned it took a lot of playing to get the awesome J-turn shot in GTA IV Trailer 4.

I disagree. The trailer was almost entirely gameplay, shown from cinematic camera angles. The robbery is the only scene in the entire trailer that looks like a blocked-out motion capture performance. Besides that, they're showing off the variety of things peds are programmed to do and how the AI makes them react to each other. The car chases are played, not scripted. Rockstar has gameplay capture people who do nothing but record gameplay and when something cool happens they can replay the moment and change the camera angle, time of day and weather to whatever looks coolest. There was an article that mentioned it took a lot of playing to get the awesome J-turn shot in GTA IV Trailer 4.

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็

Life has to be enjoyable for'em. Don't you agree, man?

G1T