Confirmed animals

matsvanstam

Invisible Don

Bugs have an exoskeleton. What kind of a retarded animal keeps their bones on the outside?

Answer: No animal. Bugs aren't animals end of discussion.

And what is this confirmation of other than an underpass?

Bugs. Notice the big red circle in the top right.

I saw the red circle but that doesn't confirm anything. You can't claim something is confirmed because you saw the trailer.

I saw a black guy being chased by the police - so I can confirm that the law enforcement in LS are under the employ of the KKK.

I saw a liquor store in the desert with a weird pyramid like shape in the background - so I can confirm that the game is set in Egypt.

and finally, I can confirm that this forum is full of f*cking idiots!

what if dogs are only on cutscenes?

Both dogs appear in scenes that really look like cutscenes from game...

Invisible Don
And what is this confirmation of other than an underpass?

Bugs. Notice the big red circle in the top right.

I saw the red circle but that doesn't confirm anything. You can't claim something is confirmed because you saw the trailer.

I saw a black guy being chased by the police - so I can confirm that the law enforcement in LS are under the employ of the KKK.

I saw a liquor store in the desert with a weird pyramid like shape in the background - so I can confirm that the game is set in Egypt.

and finally, I can confirm that this forum is full of f*cking idiots!

You're really reaching, dude. You can let it go now.

what if dogs are only on cutscenes?

Both dogs appear in scenes that really look like cutscenes from game...

What if all the people are only in cut scenes and LS is really just an empty city?... Oh wait, that's retarded.

Invisible Don

What if the point of video game trailers isn't to show us what will be in the game so we will get excited about it, but to show us what won't be in the game just to disappoint us so Rockstar can have a laugh?

This is what some people on this forum actually believe.

SGT. Johnson
It doesn't necessarily have to be a written statement to confirm something. They confirmed birds pretty much from the get-go in the trailer by showing us them. They're definitely going to be in the game. Dogs are almost certainly going to be in it, too. We see them twice in the trailer and in a previous R* have been featured as ingame creatures that walk around. Is it possible R* have decided to model and animate dogs just so that they can appear for a split second in a cutscene? I guess so, but I'm pretty dead certain they'll be in the actual gameplay portion of the game. Confirmed through a visual medium. I don't think they expected us to consider that they just put them in the trailer to fool us.

As for bugs, that's far less certain. Like I said earlier, there's a lot of particles floating and flying about throughout the trailer. Whether any of those are bugs is kinda hard to tell, because wind can make dust particles look alive at times. I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to throw in some flies and mosquitoes, though, especially near trash and in natural environments.

Um, it's Rockstar we're talking about; not Ubisoft.

And what, exactly, is that supposed to mean? It's one thing to show a guy riding on a dumpster truck in a trailer when we can't do that in normal gameplay, but it's another thing entirely to have birds flying in the sky throughout the trailer and not having any in the game except for cutscenes. RDR is teeming with wildlife, so why would it be so hard for some of the stuff we see multiple times in a single trailer to actually be in the game? I'm not just making assumptions here, I'm thinking through the possibilities. I did agree that it was possible that R* decided to model and animate dogs solely for the purpose of adding atmosphere to cutscenes, but I find that unlikely when just before they had a game with dogs roaming around as free as any other NPC. So what? Is it so hard to believe?

My original quote was to add more emphasis to the fact that we are dealing with Rockstar, which is notorious for teasing its fans. What do you call what they are doing to us now with the lack of info after showing us a very tantalizing trailer?

Anyway, I understand where you are coming from but I'm one of those people that have seen fake after fake after FAKE! It is very hard for me to believe anything is truthful until Rockstar, the creators and the ones who know EXACTLY hat is going to be in the game, confirms it.

I can see where you are coming from when you say that there is a possibility that the dogs, birds, bugs (?) will be in the game. I have my doubts simply because it is a trailer, and game companies usually make the trailers better than the game to increase sales and guarantee people will buy it. Take GTA IV for example; we were promised a lot of things and the trailer was simply breathtaking. When we got the game, we weren't as breathless when we saw trailer now were we?

Bottom line, I understand your point about there being a possibility that what we saw in the trailer, as far as animals, may exist in the actual game. It was done in Red Dead and there is no true reason, at this time, why they should not carry them over into GTA V. Many people are asking and wanting to keep the realistic "air" about the genre and Rockstar seems to agree. People want children and animals to finally make their appearance in a GTA game. Will it happen, however, no one still truly knows the answer to that yet. More information would be more than helpful at this point. Enough said as this about sums up the matter at hand.

Can anyone confirmed what type of bugs are in the game? I am a fan of the bugs that light up when you look at them.

Bugs have an exoskeleton. What kind of a retarded animal keeps their bones on the outside?

Answer: No animal. Bugs aren't animals end of discussion.

confused.gif I hope you're joking.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthropod

Includes insects and arachnids. Still part of Animal Kingdom. Classified as animals.

If you're just having a laugh then at least I can correct those who are genuinely misinformed.

SGT. Johnson
Can anyone confirmed what type of bugs are in the game? I am a fan of the bugs that light up when you look at them.

You mean fireflies? turn.gif

Now you know what would be really cool, if a zoo was accessible some where in the map.

Cages containing gorillas, zebras, lizards, all kinds of stuff. Imagine if you can some how break out an elephant and ride it around the city. Now that sounds like a 'bold new direction' to me.

Now you know what would be really cool, if a zoo was accessible some where in the map.

Cages containing gorillas, zebras, lizards, all kinds of stuff. Imagine if you can some how break out an elephant and ride it around the city. Now that sounds like a 'bold new direction' to me.

That seems like something Saint's Row The Third should have had. Now I'm annoyed that it doesn't. sad.gif

That seems like something Saint's Row The Third should have had. Now I'm annoyed that it doesn't. sad.gif

Is Saints Row III any good? Me & my friend were thinking of renting it but idk it seems kind of corny. Also how similar is it to GTA ?

Is Saints Row III any good? Me & my friend were thinking of renting it but idk it seems kind of corny. Also how similar is it to GTA ?

Not to get Off Topic, but I haven't actually played it, but I know that it doesn't have that zoo thing. I also know that it's not very similar at all to GTA in terms of tone. But it seems like a nice sandbox game to have cheap laughs with, and I'd like to get it at some point. It's just ridiculously over-the-top and it's not something you're supposed to take seriously, which is fine by me. It's probably fun, it seems so from what I've seen, if somewhat unpolished. I prefer my GTA, though.

But, uh, to be a bit more On-Topic, I am hoping R* push the animal angle in GTA V. I think that could really set it apart, by allowing wildlife to roam the natural areas, ripe for hunting, and adding realism and new challenges by having police dogs and cows and other farm animals populating the farms (so that they actually appear to be functional).

Even more On-Topic, I will concede that nothing's really officially confirmed, in terms of an actually written confirmation by R* themselves. But I think that was the point of the trailer. It's technically just a teaser, and yet it shows us a hell of a lot; I believe it may be partly why we haven't received much information at all since then, because the trailer itself was meant to be a source of information, like little things such as what cars we'll see, how peds will look, and of course the animal thing. Some of it may be misleading for marketing purposes, but I'd say that the appearance of dogs and birds, etc. in the trailer is meant to be our confirmation.

Edited by Mr. Darko

On a serious note, anyone else see a cat at the balcony/yoga scene. It's sitting on the bottom floor of the house in between the bushes, grey in color.

Not to get Off Topic, but I haven't actually played it, but I know that it doesn't have that zoo thing. I also know that it's not very similar at all to GTA in terms of tone. But it seems like a nice sandbox game to have cheap laughs with, and I'd like to get it at some point. It's just ridiculously over-the-top and it's not something you're supposed to take seriously, which is fine by me. It's probably fun, it seems so from what I've seen, if somewhat unpolished. I prefer my GTA, though.

Yeah that's basically how I feel about it, having never played it. It's just a ridiculous game to have fun with.

Back on topic though, I remember someone making the point a while ago, that animals were included in RDR because it went along with the setting and lifestyle of the era. But in GTA where it's modern times, the ability to run around killing dogs would be a bit weird. I think it would be cool to include dogs in game play, but I just don't see how they can really work it in.

Maybe some pedestrians will be seen walking dogs, and when you kill the pedestrian they drop the leash and the dogs go running away. Also maybe you can hit stray dogs with your car.

EDIT: One more thing about dogs. During the first scene of the trailer, where the dog is seen walking on the beach, two things lead me to believe this is confirmation of them being a game play element. 1) Look at the way the dog walks, very realistic and smooth. Would R* have taken the time to animate the dog so well for one scene? Maybe, as a marketing strategy, but unlikely. 2) Near the end of this scene, you can actually hear the dog bark. I think that's the real important thing. I haven't heard anyone else mention this, but he barks very audibly and it sounds pretty good. I think that does a lot more to confirm their presence than anything else.

Edited by cbiscuit93

On a serious note, anyone else see a cat at the balcony/yoga scene. It's sitting on the bottom floor of the house in between the bushes, grey in color.

Um that's not a cat. Its the side of the box that the bush is in. Look at the other bush.

SGT. Johnson

Yeah that's basically how I feel about it, having never played it. It's just a ridiculous game to have fun with.

Back on topic though, I remember someone making the point a while ago, that animals were included in RDR because it went along with the setting and lifestyle of the era. But in GTA where it's modern times, the ability to run around killing dogs would be a bit weird. I think it would be cool to include dogs in gameplay, but I just don't see how they can really work it in.

Maybe some pedestrians will be seen walking dogs, and when you kill the pedestrian they drop the leash and the dogs go running away. Also maybe you can hit stray dogs with your car.

This has PETA lawsuit written all over it; one reason why Rockstar has never included animals in previous GTAs and probably the main reason animals wil be left out in the final (if they do).

Um that's not a cat. Its the side of the box that the bush is in. Look at the other bush.

Oh seriously? Oops

My advice get it. It's a great game that's funny and entertaining, a lot of people said it was over the top but when I finished it I thought nah it was just right, fancy punching an old lady in the nuts...... Then get it lol it's honestly a game for people who don't give a f*ck doesn't beat gta tho but that's my opinion 2 totally different games really the only thing thy have in common is sandbox, OT now great idea lol I'd love to ride an elephant down the boulevard lol

Back on topic though, I remember someone making the point a while ago, that animals were included in RDR because it went along with the setting and lifestyle of the era. But in GTA where it's modern times, the ability to run around killing dogs would be a bit weird. I think it would be cool to include dogs in gameplay, but I just don't see how they can really work it in.

This has PETA lawsuit written all over it; one reason why Rockstar has never included animals in previous GTAs and probably the main reason animals wil be left out in the final (if they do).

In Red Dead Redemption you could blow up any animal you saw with Dynamite. Peta were fine with it.

I'm sure making a dog ragdoll from a car wouldn't be as bad as that.

Cosmic Gypsy
In Red Dead Redemption you could blow up any animal you saw with Dynamite. Peta were fine with it.

I'm sure making a dog ragdoll from a car wouldn't be as bad as that.

hell, in RDR you could throw a molotov at any animal, impale its body with knives and skin it. so yeah, dogs in GTA should be fine. its not like every single animal in RDR poses a threat to you.