GTA V on 64-bit, maybe just a dream

DieselDodge

So I was thinking about how good would run GTA V if it would be optimized to run natively on 64-bit. Using more than 3,4GB of memory could make it run 40% faster (better frames per second). It's also about not using Wow64 ("Windows 32-bit on Windows 64-bit" which has to convert every 32-bit program to work on 64-bit, making programs run slower than they should - I tested that myself).

It's a good dream, because that will never happen - there aren't any 64-bit games on Windows (I think).

Also, optimizing GTA V to run with 6 cores or 8 cores would be a step ahead.

Please share your opinions about my idea, and sorry for my bad English. rahkstar2.gif

Edited by DieselDodge

So I was thinking about how good would run GTA V if it would be optimized to run natively on 64-bit. Using more than 3,4GB of memory could make it run 40% faster (better frames per second). It's also about not using Wow64 ("Windows 32-bit on Windows 64-bit" which has to convert every 32-bit program to work on 64-bit, making programs run slower than they should - I tested that myself).

It's a good dream, because that will never happen - there aren't any 64-bit games on Windows (I think).

Please share your opinions about my idea, and sorry for my bad English. rahkstar2.gif

Hey dude, you know what? There's a better place for this thread! colgate.gif you don't believe me? Click here then

G1T

If its a port like GTAIV forget it.

Your processor will get the heavy duty, forget the rest or your components.

HydraulicWaRiOr

Hey dude, you know what? There's a better place for this thread! colgate.gif you don't believe me? Click here then

Then why dont you go there! colgate.gif

This is a thread about a single topic regarding GTA Vs graphic system, not what he wants for christmas, stop spamming him

@OP, It could be, i dont know, they havent said anything about the engine, but everyone assumes its RAGE, but in my opinion i think they pushed it to its limits with Red Dead Redemption, so theyve probably got something else in mind for us.

Saints Row The Third ran beautifully on my PC and the PC version was solid. Hopefully Rockstar goes head to head with one of it's competitors (saints row) and releases a proper PC version the same time as console.

Nowaydays standard PC's and laptops have 4GB RAM and most of them are pre-installed 64bit OS.

So I don't get it if R* doesn't make the game 64bit compatible.

G1T

Then why dont you go there! colgate.gif

This is a thread about a single topic regarding GTA Vs graphic system, not what he wants for christmas, stop spamming him

@OP, It could be, i dont know, they havent said anything about the engine, but everyone assumes its RAGE, but in my opinion i think they pushed it to its limits with Red Dead Redemption, so theyve probably got something else in mind for us.

Ahh.. shut up!

G1T

You cannot put a thread in a thread, retard.

G1T

I play GTA IV on my 64 bit?

Gray Fox: I'm like you, I have no name.

KanapkaPoland

64 bit = more colors

So no, I don't want my game to be too colorful.

70 things woman should be capable of: 69 and cooking.

tenpennyisplainevil
64 bit = more colors

So no, I don't want my game to be too colorful.

lol

My CPU is like a f*cken rainbow.

if they make it 64bit compatible it would be nice,tho GTA IV was nice enough ...was a big step up from SA ,i rekn there doing ok with the graphics . + the trailer looks spot on .is this 64-bit realy needed no.would it be nice yes. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

peace.

xNewtype Acex
This topic is very nerdy. Buy a PS3 smile.gif

Nope.

My computer is better than your PS3.

Yeah guys buy a PS3 so you can't mod the game, enjoy the best graphical experience and many many other things tounge2.gif

You will never be a mod, OK

It would be great to see a GTA running in 64-bit, but most people's processors and Operating Systems are 32-bit architecture. And product design is always about catering to the largest market that your product appeals to. And they cannot develop a 32 AND 64bit version of the game, so of course, the game remains 32 bit only. I'd say give it another 4-5 years before we'll start seeing native 64-bit games.

However the future consoles will play a massive role on this. If the new consoles use 64-bit memory addressing and bandwidth architecture, then game developers are going to be developing 64-bit games for consoles, no doubt when this is the case far more PC games will follow suit because it'd make financial sense.

I wouldn't bet my life savings on games making use of 6 - 8 cores anytime soon though...most games today aren't even fully optimized for quad cores.

i am not sure more RAM means more FPS... I am able to play GTA 4 smooth with 2 GB DDR2 533Mhz RAM and nice cpu+gpu. For 64 bit native support, they must rewrite all the game code, and i think they dont want to do this dozingoff.gif i doubt with they will release a pc version

i am not sure more RAM means more FPS... I am able to play GTA 4 smooth with 2 GB DDR2 533Mhz RAM and nice cpu+gpu. For 64 bit native support, they must rewrite all the game code, and i think they dont want to do this dozingoff.gif i doubt with they will release a pc version

What the hell? They don't need to rewrite all the game code for 64 bit support bored.gif

They WILL release a PC version. All the main GTA titles are on PC.

You f*cking people read into things too much and don't use basic logic. PC is a VERY VERY VERY profitable platform and all the previous main titles are on PC. Basic logic dictates from just that, that it will be released on PC.

Suck my cock.

I don't see much point in it yet, not a lof of computers have more than 4GB of ram anyway. In a few years then most games will support 64bit, just not at the moment.

Truth is, while 64 bit games would be great when you consider the almost limitless RAM usage. You have to understand that will make very little performance boost in most games, certainly games that are designed the way we know them. GTA, and games like that need RAM primarily to load textures, objects, shaders, map data e.t.c so a lot of RAM helps in loading (and of course because RAM is a storage location), storing data required for the game. However in terms of fps speed increases, RAM won't help much if you have more then 2-4GB of it in all honesty. Sure it'll reduce pop-in considerably, and would give you a nice boost when loading levels or streaming data seamlessly into the world. But really, processor and graphics card would determine how fast a game performs overall. And greater focus should be placed on improving GPU & CPU performance.

RAM speeds up your computer because it allows your processor to fetch more programs and instructions from RAM, and then process it in the registers of your CPU, before depositing it in RAM again. For video games having more than 4GB of RAM is typically useless because games are developed with optimization that make RAM usage much more efficient. in other words, if you developed a game that needed 8GB of RAM to function properly, you're a pretty terrible developer to be honest.

What we need are new consoles with fast and effective 4-core CPUs with optimized instruction sets. At least about 4GB of DDR3 RAM and pretty fast graphics cards. That system would be good enough to power some amazing developments.

Yes. It would be nice if Cockstar could actually release a decent PC port, but the only "port" the devs are interested in is the Wine kind. Coding time = less whiskey time for the developers.

GET OVER 1 BILLION IN GTA ONLINE WITH THIS GLITCH

Join the best of the best. Join the Republic of Zee.http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/zeegtaforums

Add me on Xbox: ZeeGTAForums and PS3: mtkgta420

The Continuing Adventures of Zeehttp://www.youtube.com/ZeeGTAForums

http://www.twitch.tv/zeegtaf

Deji is a coward.

Nope.

My computer is better than your PS3.

My computer is better than your computer that is better than his PS3.

I run GTA IV on MY 64 bit COMPUTER!! IT RUNS PERFECT!!!!

I don't see why this needs a thread when the game already runs in 64 bit!