Would an announcement for 720 or PS4 affect GTA V?

llpalm08

Simmilar to my last one about MP3 being affected by GTA V, would an announcement for the next gen Xbox or the PS4 affect GTA V's sales which could then lead to not having the same size of DLC as we had in IV or other problems.

The rumours on the next gen consoles are heating up quite a bit at the moment and when the 7th gen came the new GTA's on the 6th gen dropped by half for Liberty City Stories and then by half again for Vice City Stories so could that mean that if the 8th gen of consoles are unvailed before GTA V is released could it mean that GTA V would be affected.

The next gen consoles would need to have full backwards compatability in my eyes for GTA V not to be affected in the same way as liberty city stories and Vice city stories were and also they would need to be released for both PS3 and 360 aswell which LCS & VCS werent for Xbox and PS2 as they were only on PS2 & PSP because of the Xbox 360 wiping out the Xbox very early on.

Edited by llpalm08

No, cuz not all people gonna buy the console at the launch. Most gamers still will be playing on the X360 and PS3.

No, cuz not all people gonna buy the console at the launch. Most gamers still will be playing on the X360 and PS3.

You obviously don't know most American gamers.

Either that, or they would try to port it for the new consoles and let it be nothing but a bad port.. Otherwise they should have developed for the new consoles, but it doesn't look that way.

*Sigh* A company as big as R* developing a game as big as GTA V would be told by the console manufacturers if they're planning to release a major console update and in what time frame. They'd probably be given access to development tools. R* aren't going to release GTA and look at other gaming news and say 'Oh shi- Microsoft and Sony have new consoles out'.

Do not mention this ever again ok? It's not gonna happen ever in a million years.

What an informative and insightful post. I give it a 10/10.

On a related note, we'll be saying about 5 more Xbox 360 dashboard updates and maybe a new version of the slim before we get a next-gen console. As long as people keep shelling out money for current-gen games, which they'll be doing for a few more years, we're not going to be seeing a newer, more powerful console.

You obviously don't know most American gamers.

Though a lot of American gamers will be willing to buy a new console, we're in much more tougher times, so buying a new console isn't as easy as it used to be.

ON-TOPIC: No. Not at all. It would be plain stupid for R* to only have it for XBOX 720/PS4/Whatever. Anyway, its announcement means that such versions for newer consoles won't be out for a good time. For example, we see FIFA games still coming out for the PS2, since the PS2 is still well alive.

How about PS3 release and a launch title for XBOX720 with improved graphics and much more peds and traffic with less lagg and destructable surroundings ?

Snake Without a Tongue

I realize there are waves of new people coming here daily, but geez... this has been discussed so many times.

How about PS3 release and a launch title for XBOX720 with improved graphics and much more peds and traffic with less lagg and destructable surroundings ?

No way, you know how many previous gen console users would be pissed, they wouldn't want to play a watered down version of GTA V.

I realize there are waves of new people coming here daily, but geez... this has been discussed so many times.

Correct but not in a specified thread about the possibility, this is basicly a way of tidying up other threads by making there a place to talk about the possibity without spamming other threads. And im not exactly one of the very new people anymore that doesnt bother looking for threads before posting. Also this hasnt been locked so therefore it prooves that this hasnt been disscussed in full.

SGT. Johnson

Correct but not in a specified thread about the possibility, this is basicly a way of tidying up other threads by making there a place to talk about the possibity without spamming other threads. And im not exactly one of the very new people anymore that doesnt bother looking for threads before posting. Also this hasnt been locked so therefore it prooves that this hasnt been disscussed in full.

Or the mods haven't gotten around to viewing it, biggrin.gif

To be honest mate, I don't really like to say usually things like this,

and offend people and say this to them.

but this is really a STUPID question that I can't believe it.

I mean common sense would tell to anyone that that would kill the

sales of the "V" by more than 50% because when you take think

how many PS3's and 360's have been sold so far the most stupid

thing you could do is NOT to release a game for these consoles.

Edited by Kraljik

tenpennyisplainevil

i just dont feel like spending 600-700 dollars on a console. from 450 i'd buy, but 600 is crazy IMO

well, i dunno the price, anyway smile.gif

maybe they'll even be cheap! PS Vita is only 250...

No. Playstation 3 can play PS1 and PS2 games, right? I'm sure PS4 will be able to handle all the previous PS games including GTA5 on PS3. And even if it won't, people won't exactly throw away their PS3s out the window as soon as they purchase PS4. People will keep it I'm sure.

tenpennyisplainevil
No. Playstation 3 can play PS1 and PS2 games, right? I'm sure PS4 will be able to handle all the previous PS games including GTA5 on PS3. And even if it won't, people won't exactly throw away their PS3s out the window as soon as they purchase PS4. People will keep it I'm sure.

he means: what would happen if V was on PS4/720? would ppl buy a new console to play V?

I'm not sure about the game itself since we talked so much about these RUMORS, but one thing would change ... more fanboys wars in the forum.

suicidal.gif

Maybe if everyone won the lottery and bought the new system, burned the old ones and GTAV was released only on the old one. And this happened in the next few months.

Imagine the black smoke destroying millions of PS3s and Xbox 360s simultaneously.

It will affect it about as much as the release of a new flavor of marmalade. So according to these forums ALOT.

No doubt that Rockstar would have spoken to both Microsoft and Sony about the issue. If a console is going to be released next year then chances are it will be on the newer one and the older one. Mostly because the console will be new and not everyone will jump at it straight away so to maximise sales it would make sense to still release this game for the PS3 or Xbox 360. I doubt any new console will be released anyway, the PS3 has still got very good technology. The blu-ray player that can handle any big changes in game file sizes when graphics get better or games become longer. The natural progression. Also the PS3 could easily handle improved graphics, so would most TVs in displaying them.

I just hope games and consoles don't go 3D. That is such a big gimmick its ridiculous. People are talking about 3D phones and TVs, what the hell for? Just one of those things to get everyone buying more stuff when it doesn't change much. I'm not shelling out for a new TV and all that crap for that nonsense.

No doubt that Rockstar would have spoken to both Microsoft and Sony about the issue. If a console is going to be released next year then chances are it will be on the newer one and the older one. Mostly because the console will be new and not everyone will jump at it straight away so to maximise sales it would make sense to still release this game for the PS3 or Xbox 360. I doubt any new console will be released anyway, the PS3 has still got very good technology. The blu-ray player that can handle any big changes in game file sizes when graphics get better or games become longer. The natural progression. Also the PS3 could easily handle improved graphics, so would most TVs in displaying them.

I just hope games and consoles don't go 3D. That is such a big gimmick its ridiculous. People are talking about 3D phones and TVs, what the hell for? Just one of those things to get everyone buying more stuff when it doesn't change much. I'm not shelling out for a new TV and all that crap for that nonsense.

PS3 already went 3D. In fact Sony is supporting it with a lower price point 3D 32" Gaming LCD. And I have 3D LG Optimus phone, it's actually pretty cool... I think... lol

PS3 already went 3D. In fact Sony is supporting it with a lower price point 3D 32" Gaming LCD. And I have 3D LG Optimus phone, it's actually pretty cool... I think... lol

Haha fair enough, didn't know that. I guess it doesn't matter then if its already set up. Still can't see the point of a 3D phone but whatever, i assume you need glasses for it? Doubt anyone would use the 3D part.