How do you, my English?

71kostyan97

I'm from Russia. And I would like to know how you my English.

I live in the city of Tula. At 180 km from Moscow. The first mention of this city in 1146. Now my city 865 years. In September, would be 866.

Most of my friends play sports. I also do sports. I really love cycling. I love my bike with my friends to leave the city. (This is mostly in the summer)

In winter, have to walk. Who will be on a bike ride in the winter? colgate.gif

Here is my short story.

Now I'll write something in Russian

Живу в России. Недалеко от Москвы, в городе Тула. Я программист. разрабатываю программы на .NET ( изучаю delphi)

Люблю с друзьями заниматься спортом. мне больше всего нравится вело-спорт.

Я из форума gtamaps.net. Наверно слышали о таком русско-язычном форуме, не так ли?

Кто из gtamaps.net сидит на этом форуме, переделаю привет ( Особенно solom'у и 3Doomer'y )

Greetings 71kostyan97!

I don't speak any Russian so I can only judge your English. Your English is not perfect but you are very easy to understand! Welcome to GTAForums, I hope you enjoy your time spent here!

leik oh em jeez!

I'll be honest. Your English is horrible.

But it's good enough to understand what you're saying, and your grammar makes it quite entertaining. Really though, it's easier to understand you than it is to understand some people who's native language is English.

Thank you for your comment.

I will be based on your comments to improve my English. We are now in Russia without any how.

You have a good forum. Interesting. Previously held by him and arms not up to register. Currently enrolled and satisfied.

Thanks again for your comments!

Hey and welcome to the Forums! smile.gif

Your English isn't too good but I'm sure it will improve in the next couple of months icon14.gif

well your english isn't fantastic but I think you have better things to say than some other people on this forum who speak it flawlessly

sigh.gif

also: hi, welcome, enjoy yourself

As we said the teacher, the English language is easy. Russian - the most difficult language. I felt it myself. Do not tell me, where is the video lessons in English? Everything's better you ask than Google and Yandex

As we said the teacher, the English language is easy. Russian - the most difficult language. I felt it myself. Do not tell me, where is the video lessons in English? Everything's better you ask than Google and Yandex

I would say learning English on a base, conversational level is easy, but it has so many weird rules grammatically that it actually is difficult to master. Regardless, welcome to the forums and enjoy your stay, comrade!

4XEtraA.jpg

Are you using google translator? orly.gif

Excuse my silliness. Welcome to the forums and good luck improving your English smile.gif

Privet!

LMAO, You're English, and you spelled "private" wrong!

Привет!

You're English isn't fantastic, but it ain't horrible neither. Welcome to GTAForums!

It baffles me how so many people can learn another language. It's so difficult, I tried learning German and I simply can't get my head around it, all the little nuances and subtleties. I have a lot of respect for anyone intelligent enough to speak more than one language fluently, because it seems nigh on impossible to me.

It baffles me how so many people can learn another language. It's so difficult, I tried learning German and I simply can't get my head around it, all the little nuances and subtleties. I have a lot of respect for anyone intelligent enough to speak more than one language fluently, because it seems nigh on impossible to me.

Agreed.

You seem friendly enough, so anyone with a good attitude is welcome in my book. As for your English, it isn't perfect but expect it to get better the longer you stick around, as you'll in no doubt start to pick things up from posts. smile.gif

Agreed.

I agree too, I was learning French for 3 years, and my highest grade ever was a 6 out of 10, still here in my country it is required to learn English, so I can now speak English and I learned a lot of the English language just by being here around the forums...

Privet!

Привет!

You're English isn't fantastic, but it ain't horrible neither. Welcome to GTAForums!

He wasn't trying to say "private" ... Why would he be anyway?

Anyhoo @ the topic starter: Your English is understandable which is the most important thing in my opinion. Either way you will learn here quite fast if you stick around and are active. Don't know about Russia but we have to do English in school which is quite boring. Being on a forum like this is much more fun and a MUCH better way to learn. biggrin.gif

Privet!

Привет!

That's hello in Russian?

@Typhus: Try French, that's easiest language to learn. I learnt it easy.

Not for me. Learning French was fun during the first weeks, but the rest of my 3 years of French lessons were pure horror. Maybe it was me being lazy or the teachers being terrible, probably a mixture of both, but the day I was able to take Dutch-lessons instead of French was awesome.

Oh and on topic: Welcome to the forums, 71kostyan97!

Not for me. Learning French was fun during the first weeks, but the rest of my 3 years of French lessons were pure horror. Maybe it was me being lazy or the teachers being terrible, probably a mixture of both, but the day I was able to take Dutch-lessons instead of French was awesome.

Oh and on topic: Welcome to the forums!

Don ich stimme dir zu biggrin.gif .

It really is subjective. For one, German pronunciation is purely phonetic and is free of the nuances of French in this regard. Of course, many are put off by the seemingly complex grammatical system by which German is known (again, it depends on the person).

Anyway, greetings 71kostyan97!, your English is easily understood, and that's what counts. smile.gif

Edited by elanman

French is the easiest language?! Yeah right! Their spelling is insane.

Technically Esperanto is supposed to be the easiest. I taught myself a bit and it rang true to me. Exceptionally easy.

Privet!

Привет!

He wasn't trying to say "private" ... Why would he be anyway?

Anyhoo @ the topic starter: Your English is understandable which is the most important thing in my opinion. Either way you will learn here quite fast if you stick around and are active. Don't know about Russia but we have to do English in school which is quite boring. Being on a forum like this is much more fun and a MUCH better way to learn. biggrin.gif

lol.gif I know! I was pulling a Joke on him, yeah, Russia has Cyrillic, and Latin, but still, he-he!

Privet!

Привет!

That's hello in Russian?

Yeah, it is mate, I was pulling a joke though tounge.gif!

@ManDog You kidding? Writing is simple, saying is just insane, it f*cks up my mind!

French anything is insane .. And personally I think it sounds pretty ugly too. tounge.gif That's why I went for Spanish instead.

Los Santos Pedestrian

Just one tip for English - plural and compound words are different. There's no such words like 'get's', 'make's', or stuff like that. Those would be called plural words, and they do not have an apostrophe. Plural words are just words that describe more than one thing. Compound words are slightly similar, but they are two words joined together and they use apostrophes. Example: If you have 'let us', you can join it to be 'let's'. You should get the point now.

Your English is good! I love reading or hearing foreigners speak my language, so entertaining and cute!

I'm from Russia. And I would like to know how you my English.

I live in the city of Tula. At 180 km from Moscow. The first mention of this city in 1146. Now my city 865 years. In September, would be 866.

Most of my friends play sports. I also do sports. I really love cycling. I love my bike with my friends to leave the city. (This is mostly in the summer)

In winter, have to walk. Who will be on a bike ride in the winter? colgate.gif

Here is my short story.

Now I'll write something in Russian

Живу в России. Недалеко от Москвы, в городе Тула. Я программист. разрабатываю программы на .NET ( изучаю delphi)

Люблю с друзьями заниматься спортом. мне больше всего нравится вело-спорт.

Я из форума gtamaps.net. Наверно слышали о таком русско-язычном форуме, не так ли?

Кто из gtamaps.net сидит на этом форуме, переделаю привет ( Особенно solom'у и 3Doomer'y )

There is room for improvement, but at least you're sensible. Slamman is American yet I never understand what he's trying to say. You will learn who Slamman is soon enough.

Anyway, I don't speak Russian, but being of Eastern European origin myself, I think I can decipher some of what you said.

You live in Russia, not far from Moscow, in Tula. You know how to program in .NET delphi. You like sports. You like a particular kind of sport (I don't know what вело-спорт means). You came from gtamaps.net, a Russian site. And you're asking if anyone else knows about it.

How did I do?

@Typhus: I noticed that for a lot of people learning a new language is the most difficult thing they could do. I see it in university all the time. Out of all subjects, 95% of students think English is the most difficult. I think learning a language is among the easiest things one can do in life.

Edited by GTAvanja

I speak Spanish fluently and I've been working on Chinese extensively lately. I have a gift for language so it's never really been much of a problem for me. I have to say though, don't use classroom language learning experiences as an indicator of how good you are with languages.

Classroom settings for learning languages have been universally shown to not be effective in teaching language whatsoever. I did take Spanish in HS, but I was fluent already by the time I entered my junior year or so, and that did not come from doing the bullsh*t on paper exercises in a classroom. It came from meeting people online who speak Spanish, Rosetta Stone which was gifted to me, and visiting Spain.

If you've been discouraged by not getting far in a classroom, give it another whack. Especially you European guys. It's so easy for say a Brit to go to France or Spain and just stay there for a week or so and really work to pick up the language.