Changing Gameplay through Headsets

Ispintechno

senor_huevos_benedicto

Gimmick gimmick gimmick gimmick gimmick.

Sure and wait even longer for them to release it? Although it sounds an interesting idea, it would be tricky to make and could never work flawlessly just like any speech recognition software has it's faults.

I like the idea but would you want to shout at a computer screen all the time, everyone else in the house would tell you to stfu. devil.gif

While it's a nifty idea, I think it'd just be kind of a novelty, put still I like the idea. Not only that, we're no where close to having the potential near to have this system, so yeah it's a pipe dream.

Now I can see them making it an option so you only broadcast your voice chat in the immediate area, since that has been done before and would be great for people who are role playing, or people whom are just haveing small talk. How about they can have it so you can pull up the phone in game or a menu and select world broadcast for your chat, or "local only" so to speak where only players within ear shot could hear you/you hear them.

Gimmick gimmick gimmick gimmick gimmick.

You don't know anything about anything. You have no idea what a gimmick is either. A gimmick would be Kinnect.

On Topic: I'm surprised no one mentioned Manhunt. In the first one(not sure about the second) you could use your headset to insult people so they would come closer to the sound, and then execute them, without exposing yourself. I don't think it was actually speech recognition though. Just any volume input would count as insulting them.

And to people saying it's impossible, ever heard of Siri?

You don't know anything about anything. You have no idea what a gimmick is either. A gimmick would be Kinnect.

No, I think it's you who doesn't understand what a gimmick is. Let me tell you:

In marketing language, a gimmick is a unique or quirky special feature that makes something "stand out" from its contemporaries. However, the special feature is typically thought to be of little relevance or use.

So this, the ability to talk to pedestrians would be a gimmick, as it is a unique and unusual feature that adds no real benefit to the gameplay.

On Topic: I'm surprised no one mentioned Manhunt. In the first one(not sure about the second) you could use your headset to insult people so they would come closer to the sound, and then execute them, without exposing yourself. I don't think it was actually speech recognition though. Just any volume input would count as insulting them.

You were right, it wasn't speech recognition. Saying 'wanker', coughing and screaming "I WANT YOUR BABIES" would all have the same effect.

And to people saying it's impossible, ever heard of Siri?

Siri replies using text-to-speech software. Do you want all the pedestrians to sound like

?