3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

lol232

Grand Theft Auto III Unique Vehicle Guide

Lethal Vaccine

Are there other examples of vehicle getting immunities applied that are not associated with the codes listed above? I think I've seen hints that there are but haven't looked into it yet. If I knew how that worked I could look for other examples.

There is a L property. Which means Locked. But it's lost once you put the Vehicle in a Garage. But before it goes into a Garage, cops and hookers can't open your doors. Only you can, I believe...I never obtained one of these Vehicles, though, since I know it can not be saved...

I guess even if they have some kind of immunity the firefighter vehicles loose it right after putting out the fire or even after loosing the mission, tried on a few of them and none are fireproof, even tried pushing a burning vehicle into the garage and didn't work also pushed one to the water and then retrieved and also didn't work no matter what it seems that they either loose any proofing or in fact they don't get them at all.

There's also two DP or CP Sentinels ("Gone Fishing" and "Bait") that loose that property once they are saved but maybe it's not really DP it has some kind of other code that prevents it from getting visible damage.

The Sentinels are DP, but the property is gone once in a Garage. But it's useless, cuz the Crusher Glitch can make the Sentinel DP and actually keep the DP property :p

OrionSR

Crusher glitch? Which game are we talking about now? I'm getting confused. It doesn't help having DPs and CPs floating about either. I need to tease out which flags you are really talking about. Anyway, if there's something in III that applies an immunity and isn't on that list please let me know so I can take a closer look.

How does the crusher work in III anyway? I'm particularly interesting in how things move, but just a basic description of it's general purpose would be helpful too. Right now it's just a line of code and string of bytes to me, and a vague memory of a large box in a field somewhere. Oh, and I'm looking for 3 "moving" cranes, whatever that means, and one more crane that's a complete mystery at the moment.

Edited by OrionSR

fnxrak

Here's the glitch:

This makes the cars DP once they are saved in the garage

I know the sentinels lose the property but it might be good also to take a look at them to see if for some reason the flags are enabled and then disabled or if it's another completely different type of code.

Edited by fnxrak

Lethal Vaccine

Crusher Glitch is in GTA III and LCS. Both are the same maps with a few minor changes. Both maps have the Crusher at the Junkyard. It creates DP Vehicles. Been known for a good 5-6 years I believe... :p

If you can actually explain to us in word form what the Crusher is actually doing and how it actually makes Vehicles DP, I'd like to hear the theory...

GTA III Crusher Glitch -

LCS Crusher Glitch -

Not only does it make a DP Vehicle once put in the Garage, it makes Vehicles grow in size. They get so big, they physically slow down as if you were driving a Vehicle as large as a building, lol...It makes Vehicles into a Ghost and drive through walls, buildings, into Blue Hell, etc, etc, etc...

Can complete Paramedics Level 12 with the Ambulance being a Ghost, but I don't recommend it. Doing it the normal way is easy enough, but has to be done early before Gangs hate you...

Edited by Militia

Lethal Vaccine

Ok, I have the DP/EC Kuruma, BP/FP Securicar, and Unique Corpse Manana inside the SSV Garage. I got the AP/EC Stretch inside Portland. I am taking a break now before finishing off Portland Story Missions and obtaining the BP/FP Trashmaster.

However, I tried the baseball bat on the AP/EC Stretch and nothing happens, just like the tires and just like _Douglas_ and thehambone has said. So the 5th property certainly is NOT MP, it's something else like we all know, but we still do not know what it can be...

OrionSR

Militia, my head will surely implode if I try to integrate LCS information into the equation. I'm not sure how to explain how confusing this is: it's like I'm trying to describe III using a microscope which makes it impossible to see beyond 3 or 4 millimeters and all of a sudden I come across a meteorite from Mars - which I'm sure is really fascinating and I hope someday to travel to Mars and take a closer look but for now I need to move the pebble into a bag for later so it doesn't confuse the data.

So to continue having fun with the analogy, you guys are telling me I should move my equipment to the junk yard and take a closer look at the crusher. Which is great since I just finished my prelim on the ev crane so I'd like to confirm my data with another example. To give you an idea of the type of report that is helpful to me (I'll take a closer look at the immunities while I'm in the area), this is an excerpt from my report on the ev crane:

When an emergency vehicle is parked in the correct location one of 3 magnet objects will lift the vehicle from the Start point and move at a regular speed to a To Drop way point, move slowly to the Drop point, drop (remove?) the vehicle, and then move quickly to a To Start way point and then quickly to the Start point. The current position of the magnet appears to be saved and to resume it's path to the Start point when loading. I assume the magnet is rotating the vehicle but haven't made detailed observations.

Please let me know if my description doesn't match observations. This was a rough report.

This stuff will quickly get off topic once I move away from the crusher but, sometimes my questions are somewhat mundane. I'm looking for 3 (boring) moving cranes, I think I saw some near the ev crane, I'm not sure how many. I'm looking for 3 magnet cranes, I think; ev, crusher, and... maybe the ev delivery crane. Has anyone seen any other magnet cranes I should look for? BTW, magnet cranes are just the magnets, right? I figure the crusher's hopper is just an object and doesn't really do anything crane-like.

BTW, I have a completed ev crane ready but haven't made detailed observations yet. What should I expect? Is it possible to "complete" the crusher?

Edited by OrionSR

Lethal Vaccine

What do you mean "completing the Crusher?"

The only Cranes I know of in III that have such a magnet is the one for Emergency Vehicles at the Docks for Import/Export and the Crusher's magnet that picks Vehicles up to get crusher inside the Crusher or performing the trick to make a Ghost and/or DP Vehicles, etc...

Idk of any other Crane...

I got lazy. Stopped playing today. Will pick it up tomorrow and finish off Portland's Missions and get the BP/FP Trashmaster to SI Garage.

Edited by Militia

fnxrak

There's actually another crane near the one of ev, but I never found any vehicle being picked by that one I always thought it was just a prop and probably is, maybe in some beta version it would do something that's why it's refered in the code.

Lethal Vaccine

Yeah, there is other Cranes at the Portland Docks, but none of them actually pick things up with a magnet. Maybe only during Beta...

The only ones I know that pick things up with the magnets in the current final game is the Crusher and Import/Export Emergency Vehicle Crane...

OrionSR

The Save File Companion III

We keep getting too far off-topic so I started a new topic as a player's lounge for the documentation project. Let's conduct our investigations there and report appropriate results on immunities here if we learn something useful.

thehambone

Alright guys, so, out of curiosity, I did a bunch of CLEO testing and browsing through GTAGaming's Opcode Database to try and figure out which special vehicle attributes exist in the game, as well as maybe find out what the unknown 5th immunity is. I did not find out what the 5th immunity is, but I did get some interesting results. Most of the attributes are meaningless because they can't be stored in a garage. The only attributes that can be stored in a garage are bulletproof, fireproof, explosion-proof, collision-proof, and the unknown 5th immunity.

For your own curiosity:

Attributes:bulletprooffireproofexplosion-proofcollision-proofunknown-proofheavy           // Unused, but it exists. Not savable, however.lockedwatertight      // (untested) Used on pimp's car in 'Pump-Action Pimp' and Sentinels in 'Bait'. Occupants won't be affected by water. Only works with NPCs.strong          // Car is more collision-resistent. Used on a number of cars, including Ray's bulletproof Patriot. Not savable, however.tip-proof       // Used on 'Vigilante' Mission cars. Only works when player is not driving. If you manage to flip the car then get out before it catches fire, it will never catch fire and remain flipped. Flipping it back is VERY difficult.immune to NPCs  // Can't be damgaed by NPCs, but can be damaged by player.
Edited by thehambone

Lethal Vaccine

The BP/EP/FP Bobcat is TP. You can experience this first hand. During "Evidence Dash" to obtain this Vehicle, you must tip it upside down, then push it back to a Garage when you get the message "This vehicle is a decoy." But as usual, once you obtain it, the TP property is gone.

I don't know of any H Vehicles in III, but I know of them in VC and SA, but of course they are un-save-able properties as well. Only LCS and VCS save all these alternative properties like H, TP, PP, WP, UH, PC, etc, etc, etc...III, VC, and SA do NOT.

Tip Proof is a strange property, too. It doesn't mean you can tip the car over and it will NEVER blow up. What you must do is once tipped over, EXIT the vehicle immediately. If you stay inside of it while it's upside down, it actually WILL catch fire and blow up as if it was NOT TP. It only works if you exit the vehicle quickly when it's upside down. Then in LCS, you can use Toni's body to flip it back on it's wheels, easily. Unless it's a Heavy Vehicle, then you must reload :p

Edited by Militia

Lethal Vaccine

What a great day. I got the BP/FP Trashmaster, DP/EC Stinger, and DP/EC Infernus. I am 72% Completion, Perfect Stats, and 8 total Special Vehicles so far. Only 4 left and I got all 12 I wanted. I'd like 13, but I don't think I want to bother trying to fit the useless EC Securicar.

thehambone

Tip Proof is a strange property, too. It doesn't mean you can tip the car over and it will NEVER blow up. What you must do is once tipped over, EXIT the vehicle immediately. If you stay inside of it while it's upside down, it actually WILL catch fire and blow up as if it was NOT TP. It only works if you exit the vehicle quickly when it's upside down. Then in LCS, you can use Toni's body to flip it back on it's wheels, easily. Unless it's a Heavy Vehicle, then you must reload :p

Yep, that's exactly how it behaves in III as well. I found it very hard to flip a TP car back onto its wheels in III. I had to spawn a heavy vehicle and then ram it like crazy to flip it back over.

Lethal Vaccine

Yeah, in LCS you can easily flip it back over. But if it's a H/TP Vehicle, you can't use Toni's Body to tip it back on it's wheels. Nor can you use another Vehicle, either. It's way to Heavy to move. You gotta reload at this point in LCS

As for III, I never experienced TP Vehicles since after I get the Bobcat it's already inside the Garage and TP is gone then. Is there any other Vehicles in III besides the Bobcat that is TP? Oh, and the Fire Truck Mission is TP, and that's it, too?

Edited by Militia

what's my name

Yeah, in LCS you can easily flip it back over. But if it's a H/TP Vehicle, you can't use Toni's Body to tip it back on it's wheels. Nor can you use another Vehicle, either. It's way to Heavy to move. You gotta reload at this point in LCS

As for III, I never experienced TP Vehicles since after I get the Bobcat it's already inside the Garage and TP is gone then. Is there any other Vehicles in III besides the Bobcat that is TP? Oh, and the Fire Truck Mission is TP, and that's it, too?

Infernus Turismo?

Cheetah

Edited by what's my name

Lethal Vaccine

I think the Infernus, Stinger, and Cheetah from "Grand Theft Auto" are only EC/PC.....PC is gone once in a Garage, as well, just like TP properties...

EDIT: Oh, the BP/EP/FP Cheetah is also TP from "Turismo" Pay Phone Mission? Nice. I didn't know that...

Edited by Militia

Lethal Vaccine

Ok, I got the BP/DP Barracks OL and the AP Bobcat. Now getting the BP/DP Patriot. Then I got 11 Vehicles. All I need is the AP Cheetah after 100% and I got all 12 I wanted. However, I might try and do what some of you do and get 13 while stacking Vehicles on top of each other in SI. I'll make it happen. Then I might get that useless EC Securicar just to have another Special Vehicle and to store the max of 13. We'll see, though...

Sentrion

Yeah, there is other Cranes at the Portland Docks, but none of them actually pick things up with a magnet. Maybe only during Beta...

The only ones I know that pick things up with the magnets in the current final game is the Crusher and Import/Export Emergency Vehicle Crane...

I never found those to be working either. Maybe they're just map objects without any functions. Talking of Special Vehicles, I used the Staunton Safehouse glitch back in old days to store unique vehicles. Take a look at this vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3e7WrHY8nM

Lethal Vaccine

Very old trick ^^^ :p

But yes!!!!!!! I got 6 Vehicles into SI. It looks like this:

34g8q5z.jpg

However, I have the Stinger and Infernus there, not the Cheetah. When I open my Garage the Patriot and Bobcat usually roll out on their own. But I Saved, and Reloaded and all 6 are staying there! :):)

I will surely get a 13 Special Vehicle now, the EC Securicar, probably...

Edited by Militia

Voit Turyv

^

You won't be able to use them anyway. :lol:

Lethal Vaccine

.....?

When the Garage door opens, the BP/DP Patriot and AP Bobcat literally roll out of the Garage. Maybe you missed that from above, as I already stated that. (Facepalm)

Can't use them? Think again.

Furthermore, maybe you don't know dick about GTA, but you can use the Character's Body to push Cars. You just run at the car and it'll slowly move forward. GTA Noob?

Edited by Militia

what's my name

^^you can use drug xD

Lethal Vaccine

Thanks "what's my name" for posting that picture in the other topic. fnxrak showed me his SI Garage in a PM and it was set up a bit different than yours, but I did what you did. However, my Bobcat and Patriot aren't exactly on top and stay on top. The moment I open the Garage, the Patriot rolls off the Infernus out of the Garage and the Bobcat is half out of the Garage and rolls off the Stinger. Both of them roll out perfectly. Idk how you guys made it where they don't move while it sits on top like that... :D But I prefer them to roll out like that. Takes less time to get them out and use them, then! :p

Edited by Militia

what's my name

^^ :) just take your time abit there.

Lethal Vaccine

How does the 6 fit in SSV? I got this EC Securicar, but it's not fitting...

fnxrak

Here

EJNd7Ks.jpg

Lethal Vaccine

Dude....Idk how I did it but I actually have the AP/EC Stretch in there, plus 5 Vehicles...

When I open up the Garage, the two Securicar's actually are smoking black because of how packed the Garage is. However, they SAVE there and that's the bottom line. I backed it up on my USB Drive. Reloaded and checked on all 12 Vehicles (6 in SI and 6 in SSV) and they are all there. Tomorrow, I will be 100% and get the AP Cheetah. I am 92% right now...

I kinda wish I got the EC Cheetah and made it DP/EC. This EC Securicar is too big and quite useless. I didn't get the EP/EC, just the EC with Black Trim...

I do NOT recommend 13. I am doing it, but it's just too much. 12 is comfortable. But 13 is a bit much, especially if you got 2 Securicar's.

Edited by Militia

Lethal Vaccine

100% Completion, 0 Deaths, 0 Busted, 0 Cheats, 0 Missions Failed (Only for Special Vehicles), and 13 Special Vehicles.

Garages:

Portland: AP Cheetah

Staunton Island: AP Bobcat, BP/DP Barracks OL, BP/DP Patriot, DP/EC Stinger, DP/EC Infernus, BP/FP Trashmaster

Shoreside Vale: AP/EC Stretch, DP/EC Kuruma, DP/EC Rumpo, BP/FP Securicar, EC Securicar, Unique/EC Corpse Manana

That's it. Game over. Next up is my LCS Save File 2 playthrough which I will start in a week or so...I already have a perfect LCS Save with 12 Special Vehicles, but because of the amount that is in LCS but such little storage space, I must have two 100% Save Files with 12 different Special Vehicles in each, totaling 24 across 2 Save Files.

Edited by Militia

fnxrak

I'm doing a mastersave on GTA III and I really want it to be the most complete as possible so I'm gathering all special vehicles available in the beginning which are not plenty LOLOLOL I already have UC DP Kuruma, the lightless taxi and the graffitiless hood rumpo, but I'm wondering if there's any other glitched vehicles like this ex: I know in VC you can get the lightless cabbie and the lightless zebra cab, but does anyone knows if this also happens in GTA III?