We were getting hints

DODI3OG

Haven't you guys noticed? There are lots of visualizations of San Andreas in GTA4 through the SA engine, like:

The vinewood sign in the theme park

CJ parachuting at Vinewood during one of the TV shows

Racing in LS Airport

Las Vegas Poker and I am sure, many, if not, some, more...

Vice City was mentioned, but was it Visualized? NO... San Andreas was the second good gta next to GTA4, yes, but does it prevent Rockstar from visualizing it in GTA4? NO... But why didn't they? Because VC wasn't Next in Line...

Haven't you guys noticed? There are lots of visualizations of San Andreas in GTA4 through the SA engine, like:

Racing in LS Airport

Vice City was mentioned, but was it Visualized? NO... San Andreas was the second good gta next to GTA4, yes, but does it prevent Rockstar from visualizing it in GTA4? NO... But why didn't they? Because VC wasn't Next in Line...

huh dozingoff.gif

I really don't get your point OP.

he's saying that Rockstar wanted to show us that San Andreas was the next location by giving us visual hints in IV

I really don't get your point OP.

he's saying that Rockstar wanted to show us that San Andreas was the next location by giving us visual hints in IV

Oh, then I doubt that was the case. I bet it's just a coincidence.

I suppose there was visual clues of Liberty City in SA... not to mention an entire mission where you fly there!

I suppose there was visual clues of Liberty City in SA... not to mention an entire mission where you fly there!

It's just a coincidence. There is no pattern. There was no San Andreas in Vice City. And in each game there were references to multiple cities, so one cannot just assume that they refer to the city of the next game. In IV there were A LOT of references to Vice City.

FelipeVinhao

Like it was already said before, there are clues about any next GTA on every current GTA, and it generally means it could be... anywhere.

Before GTAVC, nobody had a clue about where it was going to be, then for some "misterious" reason the "See you in Miami" became a hint.

Before GTA5, nobody knew about the billboard on the park. Then someone just found it. Until that, Radio Vice City was the hint where next GTA would be.

This is just stupid. Now that the trailer is released, and people know the setting, everyone claims that there were hints, when there probably weren't. Not a lot of people playing GTA IV saw CJ base-jumping and though: "Oh this is a clue! GTA V is going to take place in Los Santos!". No, you say that now since you already know. GTA V could have taken place in Vice City and someone would have brought up: "Vice City was mentioned a lot in GTA IV, it was obvious that GTA V was going to take place there!".

You're just grapsing at straws and there's no point in finding clues to where GTA V is going to take place since we already know.

FelipeVinhao
This is just stupid. Now that the trailer is released, and people know the setting, everyone claims that there were hints, when there probably weren't. Not a lot of people playing GTA IV saw CJ base-jumping and though: "Oh this is a clue! GTA V is going to take place in Los Santos!". No, you say that now since you already know. GTA V could have taken place in Vice City and someone would have brought up: "Vice City was mentioned a lot in GTA IV, it was obvious that GTA V was going to take place there!".

You're just grapsing at straws and there's no point in finding clues to where GTA V is going to take place since we already know.

This. It's easy to "predict" when we already know where it'll be. sly.gif

Why nobody talks about the "Rush" project that appeared some time ago anymore, much before than the billboard on park?

Why nobody talks about the "Rush" project that appeared some time ago anymore, much before than the billboard on park?

Rush isn't GTA 5 100%

G1T

Long_Haired_Boy

Yes there are always subtle hints. San Andreas had Russians taxi drivers. Yelp. Its sometime vague like that.

FelipeVinhao

Rush isn't GTA 5 100%

But it leads to many characters that would fit in a modern day Los Angeles. "Rush" isn't LA Noire for sure.

JoanCrawford
Haven\'t you guys noticed? There are lots of visualizations of San Andreas in GTA4 through the SA engine, like:

Racing in LS Airport

Vice City was mentioned, but was it Visualized? NO... San Andreas was the second good gta next to GTA4, yes, but does it prevent Rockstar from visualizing it in GTA4? NO... But why didn\'t they? Because VC wasn\'t Next in Line...

They always make referances to different locations in the game. I\'m sure we will be hearing all about Liberty City in V. I don\'t think they\'re clues or hints, but probably just R* trying to remind us that their are other places out there besides Liberty City.

G1T

Buffalo Soldier

I love how you said 'SA is the next good GTA next to GTA IV'.

Vice City was awesome, San Andreas is just over rated as f*ck.

Anyway, do you really think they had the NEXT game location planned whilst they were making GTA IV? No.

So how would they of put all that stuff in? Vice City was mentioned alot too, yeah it wasn't 'visualized' but it's clearly a coincidence that they ended up going with SA.

The only plausible thing would be, that they put that Vinewood sign in the theme park but wasn't that put in a patch or something after the trailer of V came out?

Long_Haired_Boy

Yeah that SA sh*t gets on my nerves. It was a fun game but it was the content that made the game for me and not the location.

Lucky Sevens

Of course they are hints.

The best way too think of it is like this. GTA IV is the beta version of GTA V.

Once they established the RAGE engine, a huge SA game was always in the making.

So, they began work on it, around the same time they began work on IV.

IV was created to keep the market flowing, and tie us over until R* have completed the Granddaddy of all games. GTAV.

FelipeVinhao
The only plausible thing would be, that they put that Vinewood sign in the theme park but wasn't that put in a patch or something after the trailer of V came out?

Nope. Vanilla GTA4 also had it. Just confirmed some days ago, reinstalling without patching.

the GTA5 boards is like that film with Jim Carey in called number 23

Edited by D-man7

Nope. Vanilla GTA4 also had it. Just confirmed some days ago, reinstalling without patching.

The most tangible leak in the past two years, Since people STILL thought there was a chance GTA would be Vice City re-visioned, and even up to that first beach shot in the GTA V trailer!!

Proof is in how dated the find about Cali and Los Santos is;

http://grandtheftautofive.com/2010/07/26/g...1/#comment-6091

Maybe, those VC "hints" was there just to mess our minds, you know, for them to keep the secret...

Excatly my thoughts

Anyway, do you really think they had the NEXT game location planned whilst they were making GTA IV? No.

So how would they of put all that stuff in? Vice City was mentioned alot too, yeah it wasn't 'visualized' but it's clearly a coincidence that they ended up going with SA.

What the f***, SA overrated? if anything GTA IV is overrated everyone praises it as greatest game but in reality it's just a dull city with nothing to do. I'm not a hater or a troll i love R* and the GTA series, your comment made me twitch.

多伦多V是真棒。

What the f***, SA overrated? if anything GTA IV is overrated everyone praises it as greatest game but in reality it's just a dull city with nothing to do. I'm not a hater or a troll i love R* and the GTA series, your comment made me twitch.

Agreed 100% I think SA was a much more "complete" game, all IV had over SA was the better graphics/physics but I don't want to hate on IV either, it's a stepping stone for V in my opinion. Just the setting itself was dull-ish after a while where as SA had something for everyone.

Edited by SocalZHP