Best years of your life?

SPMovies

Recently over several things I've been thinking about my life, and I dont like how it is now. Im 16, and I miss the years until 2004. Back then my family was actually close, and I think the innocence of childhood helped. In 06 my parents then got divorced, and in 03 my aunt/uncle had a big blowout with my grandparents. Back then I use to see them every holiday, I dont care for them as there scumbags but there daughter, my cousin is who I miss(I began seeing her again and will be a lot in the future, but 8 years of nothing still hurts.) Another thing that makes me miss that time is my other uncle, who died just 3 weeks ago was actually happy. Over the past several years he's been very low and died to alcholism. Like I said too. I think the innocence of childhood helps greatly.

My little rant is over, what has been the best time of your life, and why?

leik oh em jeez!

09 and 2010 were great for me, ALL of 2011 has been complete and utter sh*t. I've explained it before and I really don't feel like going back over it again right now. Some things are best forgotten.

I hate losing loved ones, it's especially hard when it isn't due to natural causes. It's not really something I'm ready to get into right now, but just so you know, you're not alone in that.

But on a more positive note, it's good that you'll be seeing your cousin more often again. smile.gif For me, that's something I've noticed over time, after some bad things have happened, some good seems to come along to help ease the pain. It's for that reason why I never lost hope.

And to try to answer your question, it's hard to really pinpoint where I was happiest. I'd like to say I was happiest in the 90s as I was still little and as you say, innocent. But as bad as the last decade was for me, I can still look back and pick out some years where I have some very fond memories.

That's life.

Life is sh*t, and sh*t happens...that is the principle here. Ofc years were better before, when i was way younger. But this 2011 year, i wish i could flush it down a toilet. Nothing went right. Not a single thing. Also lost a loved one, and just two days ago my grandma suffered a stroke. WTF is this sh*t, that nothing goes right for me.

2009, 2010 and most of this year until around my birthday has been pretty damn good.

U R B A N I T A S

I think everyone will say childhood, well most people anyway. Such little to worry about and so much fun to have. You didn't give a sh*t what you looked like and could get away with wearing the most horrific clothes. You still had that magic feeling at christmas and got excited until the point where you'd nearly explode. Overall just so carefree and not a worry in the world.

Winter 2010- Me and my friends were having soooo many good times, snowball fights, arrangements etc. smile.gif

2011 - Most of that year was utter sh*t. I fell out with one of my closest friends, got depressed and spent all summer with guilt. Then during Autumn, as I was making amends my teachers think its funny to isolate me from my friends ALL BREAKS FOR 2 weeks, by accusing me of bullying, when I never. Things have NOT been the same since.

Upsides of the year: Bin Laden dead. Autumn (September - Begining of October) was a huge upside until what I listed above.

Asides from the 90s?

number 10 and 11 biggrin.gif Although the first terrorist attack in my country since the war happened in july, crashing and f*cking up my 1972 edition DBS and getting punched in the face, these years were pretty awesome.

I got into the blues, Hendrix and rap (kinda)

I got a Fender California series Stratocaster

Learned to drive a boat

lost weight, gained muscle

self insight

iPad 2

the list goes on smile.gif I hope for the very best in the future icon14.gif

L71cGcK.png

Every single f*cking day. Life is what you make of it, and sure, I've had tough times (we all have), but it's just a part of the journey in the end. Hope your tough times transpire, SP - you always make it out on the other side a wiser and more mature man, and that's a positive asset you can't value enough.

6L71qdt.gif

The years I remember most fondly are '06 through '08, then circumstances piled up and things got quite sh*tty.

G1T

06, 07 and 08, then life started getting weirder and weirder. It's life, 2011 was sh*t. Nothing really with family tho.

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

nightwalker83
06, 07 and 08, then life started getting weirder and weirder. It's life, 2011 was sh*t. Nothing really with family tho.

My life was fine until the age of about 15 or 16 then everthing started going downhill.

Glad I'm not the only one the year 2011 was the most sh*t year.

In my case, 2011 was my most worse sh*t year ever.

Too much problems, too much lost money and too much sh*t.

I hate that year and I'm happy that sh*t year is over.

G1T

2008 was the best year of my life. And with that I said everything. I just had everything I ever wanted back then.

I also find 2002 as a cool year since it was the first time I visited any sea.

The first part of 2009 (January-June) was also awesome, but the second was pure utter sh*t.

2010 was the worst year of my life due to some familiar problems and some other crap.

2011 was cool between June and October, but then it went all sh*tty.

I hope that 2012 is gonna be a good year because I hadn't really any good year lately. confused.gif

Dead (Retired)

Harwood Butch3r

Things were great for me up until about 2005. From 2005 to 2010 was a rough patch with family deaths and other problems. 2011 seemed to get back on track and I look forward to see what 2012 brings me.

Overall I would say my favourite year was 2001 and my least, 2010.

Asides from the 90s?

Ding! Ding! Ding! WINNER! The 90's were great.

So far 2011 has been really good to me, but required a lot of hard work.

2005-2010 were low points. The rest have been pretty good.

2009 was the best to me, 2010 was OK but i did alot of dumb sh*t then. 2011 was actually awesome because of a lot of good things happen to me. I hope 2012 will be good biggrin.gif.

2007/2008. It was the year me and my family went on a two week holiday to Florida. Those two weeks were without a doubt the best two weeks I've had in my entire life. There were no worries or problems from back home nagging me, all it was for two weeks was relaxation and tons of fun. I also had some of my most memorable gaming years during those years. Back then I used to play SA-MP and Counter-Strike almost daily with lots of my old friends. It was so much f*cking fun. It's a shame most of them old friends no longer play and have sinced moved on with their lives.

The nineties were pretty f*cking ace, too.

E: f*cking new page.

It was. Being born in the early 90's you wish that you had experienced that time as a teenager or as an adult.

I hope that this year 2012 will be better than the last years of my life.

Edited by Markwey

My college years were the best. It seemed to be endless laughs with the greatest people on Earth.

2011 has been pretty sh*t but I keep my mind on the positives. I've taught myself guitar which I've wanted to do for years. Luckily, I found a beaten up acoustic one night when I was drunk so I thought I may as well use it to teach myself biggrin.gif

I really hope 2012 will bring some better moments and I'll do my best to make them happen.

Have a good 2012 everyone! icon14.gif

Dudesig.png

My life's been pretty decent recently actually. You'd be amazed how much more fun and fulfilling life is if you get up off your ass and just do something.

If I had to go back to sometime before now though, I guess it'd be my last two years of secondary school. Life was pretty dope then I guess.

user posted image

My life's been pretty decent recently actually. You'd be amazed how much more fun and fulfilling life is if you get up off your ass and just do something.

Ah, a fellow alpha-male. Finally.

Anyone who's under 25 and is already taking stock about what the best years of their life were need to change things, pronto.

6L71qdt.gif

2011s been pretty horrible, atleast till December. Mostly due to financial reasons beyond my control.

2012 seems to be turning out pretty well so far. Let's see how it goes.

Best years would definitely be my childhood though. Being a teenager is hell.

FIOszpJ.gif

Well, I'm current at a low point in my life. Due to the fact that my family doesn't have enough money to keep me in the US, for school, so I had to come back to Indonesia.

07- June of 11 is currently the best years of my life.

But on a more positive note, it's good that you'll be seeing your cousin more often again. smile.gif For me, that's something I've noticed over time, after some bad things have happened, some good seems to come along to help ease the pain. It's for that reason why I never lost hope.

Yeah man, when I was younger I looked up to her like a sister. Then because of her ****up of a dad we just stop seeing each other, and its weird thinking I could've said something all those years to change that. On Christmas Eve I actually spent the night with her in Manhattan and had a good time. It's a great feeling to know that after all those years she was missing myself just as much as I missed her. Now were setting up plans to go to Norway in August(My grandparents were born there, and I have lots of family there, although Im American Im 100% Norwegian heritage.) It's weird to think though that through all the years we could've just said something to our grandparents that we miss each other, but oh well those years are gone now.

@Stefche, it's insane how much I've matured over the past month. Like I said, my uncle died 3 weeks ago(12/5/11) and I can truthfully say Im far more mature now then that time. Just the way I think of things, see things, how I react, and I noticed I'm there for my loved ones too which makes me feel great.

Cosmic Gypsy

It was. Being born in the early 90's you wish that you had experienced that time as a teenager or as an adult.

I hope that this year 2012 will be better than the last years of my life.

i 100% agree, i was born in 91, but i wish i was my age back then. id be munchin on disco biscuits and goin mental.