Removing the waste...

Bomberlegend

Hey guys, long time reader, poster from now and again, but been apart of many forums.

One thing I have noticed, mainly on the GTA V board because that's a hot topic right now, that there has been a lot of silly topics and posters. For me, it is quite annoying to see a fair amount of silly posts and topic, yet they are not being removed, just locked, and the people that are posting it, not punished or removed from the board.

I know that it is a hard task getting on top of this problem, but if that is the case, I suggest more mods would help curb this problem.

Other then that, you guys are doing a great job with the site, and I enjoy being apart of it.

Thanks,

BL.

Topics are locked and not binned usually as they contain posts that we link to when we warn or ban (either temporarily or permanently). This is so that the user concerned can also see the topic or post we are referring to.

Also, we DO punish users. We remind or warn people at first. If they persist in being a nuisance we temporarily remove their posting rights. Please note that during all these procedures other normal users will have no way of telling whether said user has been punished or not. While Imyself have been inactive recently, I remember handing out over a dozen or so punishments daily even when the forum was quiet. It does go on. Only when do we permanently ban a user from the network will normal users notice (as they will be added to the 'BUSTED!' group. We try not to permanently eject people from the network regularly as we value our use base.

Of course, this is all my opinion in most part. Other staff may feel different about the matter.

So, it is always better to use Report Feature and than replying. smile.gif

But why is it needed? You all can delete the topics or give the power to the Forum Leaders power to delete topics.

Because of it, tons of locked and screwed topics are scattered. We can barely find any topic.

So, it is always better to use Report Feature and than replying. smile.gif

But why is it needed? You all can delete the topics or give the power to the Forum Leaders power to delete topics.

Because of it, tons of locked and screwed topics are scattered. We can barely find any topic.

Because Moderators and Admins can sometime don't noticed about flamming or spamming topics. Report button is the best way to tell them what is happening (spamming or other bad behaviors from the members) in our forums.

abishai.kochara

i went to the GTA V section and found the same type of useless topics being posted over and over, damn its crazy!

user posted image

If a topic is locked as opposed to deleted, it gives new users a better idea of what not to post.

But with the amount of morons here, that's not always enough.

There will always be garbage topics in that section, you just have to deal with it.

38773_s.gif