Of these improvements...

dderrrp

If you had to choose only one which would you choose to be included in GTA V?  

222 members have voted

1. 1. If you had to choose only one which would you choose to be included in GTA V?

• Ragdoll physics + breakable bones (also, the more you get hurt the worse you look, by the end your face looks like rocky balboa's)
    • Fully destructable buildings (construction crews come to rebuild them)
    • Trainable and breedable pets of all sorts (including online battling)
    • Way more items (like "rope" that you can tie around stuff, one end around some dude and the other end around your car's bumper)
    • Way more skills to level up (like the more you jump, the higher you'll be able to jump)

Pretty self explanatory----^

Although they are all obviously awesome ideas, the lots of items one is probably the best. Like an INSANE amount of items. All sorts of things that can be combined with each other to make other things. Like if you find enough "glue" and "rocket launchers", you can glue the rocket launchers to your car to make a "rocket car"

Edited by dderrrp

There are a few Id want to see in the game, but I went for more skill levels.

Ragdoll phys is already in the game.

Trainable pets is nonsense. This isnt WOW.

there is already another topic like this, use it a and don't make topics such as these again, i think the mods should lock this.

Use this

user posted image

Dr.Death follows wherever I go

I voted for fully destructible buildings even though we all know they won't be in. Honestly, it wouldn't make much sense in a GTA game. What weapon could you possibly use to bring a building down?

HydraulicWaRiOr
there is already another topic like this, use it a and don't make topics such as these again, i think the mods should lock this.

Use this

No, this isnt a wishlist, this is a "Which one do you want out of all of these?" list.

Like he said, we already have RAGE which is better than just plain ragdoll so you could just say breakable bones.

fully destructible buildings is the obvious choice and also the hardest to implement and least likely to happen(0% chance along with the pokemon training)

Use this

No, this isnt a wishlist, this is a "Which one do you want out of all of these?" list.

you can very well post in a wishlist which one you want but i shall say no more, the rest is up to you

user posted image

Dr.Death follows wherever I go

The animal training is REALLY out of place and would be stupid. The destructible buildings wouldn't work in a free-roam game like GTA. I chose the skill developing one. The rope idea would be good too.

@Scar Axel, I like how you do that after not even being on here for a day...

i want to vote for both of these below, but i voted for first one....

1) Ragdoll physics + breakable bones (also, the more you get hurt the worse you look, by the end your face looks like rocky balboa's)

2) Fully destructable buildings (construction crews come to rebuild them)

Both will be great and great thread icon14.gif

Some of your ideas must have to be the worst ideas ever:

Better ragdoll physics: GTA IV had Europhoria, which is probably the best ragdoll engine to date.

Trainable dogs: WTF, this ain't Pokemon.

Destructible enviroments: Do you have any idea how hard it is to make a game which feature a fully destructible enviroment and still have good graphics?

Such idiotic ideas have not seen daylight since the day Kennedy thought it would be a good idea to drive around in Dallas in 1963.

i want to vote for both of these below, but i voted for first one....

1) Ragdoll physics + breakable bones (also, the more you get hurt the worse you look, by the end your face looks like rocky balboa's)

2) Fully destructable buildings (construction crews come to rebuild them)

Both will be great and great thread icon14.gif

Consoles couldn't handle it.

Official General

@ OP

Sorry but the ideas you have put forward for the poll are of poor choice.

Trainable dogs ? This aint Sim Pets ( if there is such a thing lol)

Broken bones ? GTA: I wont even go into that one.

Construction crews to re-build buildings that can be destroyed ? GTA: Civilization ? No, again that did'nt make sense.

Try and get skills to jump higher ? What is this, NBA Live ?

What happened to other stuff thats more relevant and exciting better random events from peds, gang wars, better criminal activities, businesses, empire building, robberies, more customization on cars, weapons etc ??

I voted none, this poll is weak.

Edited by Official General

iGrandTheftAuto

Interesting topic. icon14.gif I would have to say I voted for more items. I think the rope idea is excellent until the LSPD gets involved.

user posted image

this poll is badly thought out... but since i was forced to choose out of this limited list (that also has outrageously ridiculous choices like trainable pets and battling, jeez go play pokemon ffs) ill have to go with improved rag doll physics.

Some of you are being a bit harsh on the OP. What the f*ck is wrong with a new thread about the game engine - the foundation for our fun? Not all of us live in this forum and read the 200 page threads religiously, this is just chit-chat.

Fascists.

Ex Hellraiser

I voted for fully destructible buildings even though we all know they won't be in. Honestly, it wouldn't make much sense in a GTA game. What weapon could you possibly use to bring a building down?

Your car through the bottom floor, helicopter blades shattering windows on skyscrapers, not like gta iv, a commercial jetliner??(not a terrorist) or a few good ol rpg's!

but the deteriorating condition of the player after injuries was included in gta iv. If you didn't notice, niko, like other peds, would bleed where he got shot repeatedly, and his face would become blood-splattered

Edited by fatal1ty619

Skill levels sounds nice. I do miss the driving and weapons skill levels from San Andreas. It was also funny to increase the health level to the maximum and fall from a large height and survive. Might be interesting to see what stats/skills they come up with in the next game.

Lol, I have Pokemon, I dont need the have online dog fights xD

Items, Id love to combine destruction with items! A big rig chained up to the big bay crane and just driving to make it collapse!!

There are a few Id want to see in the game, but I went for more skill levels.

Ragdoll phys is already in the game.

Trainable pets is nonsense. This isnt WOW.

i agree. The things that i've wanted most in GTA, especially in the newer generation consoles, are

-destructible buildings (or some structures/surfaces at least) which over time, get rebuilt,

-a return of more RPG aspects like SA (but maybe a little more in depth and tweaked), maybe improve accuracy, sprint speed, jump height, car handling,

-and a lot more items which you can pick up/collect/buy which improve your character's ability or stats (like the RPG stats)

of course, Rockstar (or Take Two) would make the integration of RPG elements (which a lot of people don't want) and make them more relatable to the old fashioned GTA experience. I'm not looking to make this an RPG game, but you should be able to perfect what you do. if you love to drive, rather than fly, run, or take a taxi, then your driving skills should improve! thats just an example of course. I can't wait to see how all three of my choices come up in GTA V.

as for the other choices,

-rag-doll physics are already in the game, though they could be tweaked a little to not make the player fall over every time he's nudged by a car and such

-pets would be kind of stupid in a game like this. and battling them online, doubly so. and other than being something to do, it would serve no purpose to train a cat or dog in game.

Torn between levelling and interactive items.

Destructive environments would blow every other option away except at this time I doubt any developer would spend as much time to make it work really well. And that's a lot of work for a physics engine to take care of. Otherwise, just having slabs of concrete explode or crash off the side of a building isn't a big enough improvement to really care much about.

G1T

Voted Items. If some of you had your way, GTA would add nothing new to this game other than more vehicles...

Also, the Pokemon/Sims/etc. jokes about training animals aren't funny anymore.

Lucky Sevens

Fully destructable buildings (construction crews come to rebuild them)

^This^

To me, this would make GTA almost fully complete. icon14.gif

Lance Wilson

i don't understand how the euphoria/rage engine is wasted on so many people! not one other game that i've seen has shown people hit by cars travel through the air and still manage to try to land on their feet, and sometime manage. reactions to where you've been shot, all different depending on the gun and where the bullet hit you. it's by far the greatest engine for a game like gta. fairly destructible buildings would be nice but it's obviously a big ask. i'd much prefer time go into the extra skills. the rope idea might be a bit far fetched but i liked where you were going with it. i think we need to be like IV but with more skills. i remember in SA i was absolutely amazed i could climb over a fence. we need just extra gameplay to go on top of the almost flawless RAGE engine. possibly elaborate on the climbing. ability to grab objects/people. example being if you could move a crate to climb to an out of reach spot etc. grab onto moving vehicles like i'm sure a lot of people wanted in IV.

as for the pets thing... GTA

iLoveRunningPeopleOver

Ability to improve skills would be a welcome addition considering its been absent since SA. All the other options seem out of place or impossible. If you want to drag someone around play RDR, there's no way they will let u drag people behind cars. And trainable pets dude, that only deserves 2 words...CMON MAN

This was very tricky, but I went with destructible buildings, though it must break apart in a realistic way, no more sinking into the ground and then there's no rubble.

This realtime breaking of all these objects requires lots of processing power, so I know we wont see it thsi gen, ...maybe... next gen, most likely the one after that we'll see good real-time destruction.

If we cannot get building to be destructed in a realistic way, then I'll go for the rope.

Honestly, I wouldn't choose any of these "improvements" that are in the poll, with the exception of fully destructible buildings and environments to the point where small buildings such as houses and stores, as well as interiors can be severely damaged and take several days to return to their normal state. I however wouldn't want to see skyscrapers being completely destructible because of the fact people will complain about it because people would "be able to mimic terrorist activities".

The main major improvement that I would want in Grand Theft Auto V, though - is better gang/police AI (I don't know why that wasn't included in the poll.)

RE9mJnf.png

I however wouldn't want to see skyscrapers being completely destructible because of the fact people will complain about it because people would "be able to mimic terrorist activities".

ehhhh every GTA is already based solely around being a terrorist. I mean all you do is kill people.