Smog

Nick Foster

In case some people aren't familiar, Los Angeles has a really bad smog problem, due to it being surrounded my mountains and with barely any winds to blow it out. Do you guys think smog should be in GTA V? Kind of like lesser visibility in some areas, along with not being able to see as far. Thoughts?

user posted image

if its occationally then qudos to rockstar.

If its permanent its lazyness and a way to get around

view distance.

I think it could get kind of annoying.

I like your avatar, John Cheese

Anyways, i wouldn't want it but it would be a good excuse for them because of all that "draw distance" crap.

Edited by Killuminati786

In the part of the trailer when he says "that magic" and it shows the skyline, it looks pretty smog filled. But when it showed the oil pump later it was clear so I guess they might do the smog as a weather pattern.

Yeah, I'm guessing it's not annoying at all in Los Angeles. sarcasm.gif

It should be in, it's a realism creator.

8wjrzl.png

TheHippyJesus

Yeah, I'm guessing it's not annoying at all in Los Angeles. sarcasm.gif

It should be in, it's a realism creator.

It doesn't need to be an exact replica of LA. I think people are going way over the top with this realistic thing.

It's good to see smog in the game. LA, and in general, California, has a bad smog problem. If I remember correctly, there was smog in LS in GTA: San Andreas, but it was done to a lesser extent and poorly.

SmoothGetaway

If smog really is in the game then I hope they also have Santa Ana winds to occasionally blow it out so we can enjoy great views from the highest parts of the map.

It does make for nice sunsets though.

If smog really is in the game then I hope they also have Santa Ana winds to occasionally blow it out so we can enjoy great views from the highest parts of the map.

Fortunately, the Santa Ana winds are present throughout the trailer. Smog too. Hopefully R* will give us a weather cheat with more options than in IV. I personally hope earthquakes and tremors are featured as well.

Now, if we're going to be super realistic, the Santa Ana winds usually occur in the middle of summer. So, if the winds are there, would it mean we're stuck in summer the whole time?

Los Santos Pedestrian

I know what Zee is going to say:

"Rockstar won't put in smog because they're lazy c*nts and are out in bars right now"

SmoothGetaway
Now, if we're going to be super realistic, the Santa Ana winds usually occur in the middle of summer. So, if the winds are there, would it mean we're stuck in summer the whole time?

Not necessarily, Santa Anas were blowing hard a week ago. I know because I was driving through the Grapevine on I5 when it was happening...nothing quite like passing an 18 wheeler and wondering if it's gonna blow over on you.

My guess would be that yeah we'll be "stuck" in Summer. Makes sense to me, it was clearly Fall in Liberty the last time we were there, and it didn't really change no matter how many game days passed.

Also I predicted it in the Predictions thread so yeah cool.gif

SmoothGetaway

Fortunately, the Santa Ana winds are present throughout the trailer. Smog too. Hopefully R* will give us a weather cheat with more options than in IV. I personally hope earthquakes and tremors are featured as well.

Really, where exactly? The handful of times I watched the trailer I couldn't see any evidence of either, my logic being that its up in the air if its a draw distance thing or actually intentional smog.

I think earthquakes have a good chance of featuring in the game, at the very least as an excuse for breaking up the map in the beginning stages of a play through.

In case some people aren't familiar, Los Angeles has a really bad smog problem, due to it being surrounded my mountains and with barely any winds to blow it out. Do you guys think smog should be in GTA V? Kind of like lesser visibility in some areas, along with not being able to see as far. Thoughts?

user posted image

This looks more like the fog/marine layer LA gets quite a bit. Remember it is a coastal city and smog isn't usually a problem in Santa Monica and even Downtown. The bad stuff gets pushed inland up against the mountains out in the east. Now with that being said, I think Rockstar should implement this haziness every once in a while instead of all the time. I would really enjoy having clear days in the game where I can see the skyline from anywhere in the city. San Andreas (on PS2) had a big problem with this and I hated not being able to see more than a few blocks ahead of me because of "smog." GTA III and Vice City seemed to have much better draw distances because of this.

I know what Zee is going to say:

"Rockstar won't put in smog because they're lazy c*nts and are out in bars right now"

I'm thinking something more along the lines of:

"The c*nts at cockstar will obviously shoehorn it into the f*cking game at the last minute to cover up the game's pathetically low view distance caused by those drunken c*nts who call themselves programmers."

user posted image

Ever since I knew it was LS, I thought it has to be smoggy.

It will defo be in, i'm sure, i'm guessing in LA it's not so visible during bright sunlight hours but at night it's like a fog???

In case some people aren\'t familiar, Los Angeles has a really bad smog problem, due to it being surrounded my mountains and with barely any winds to blow it out. Do you guys think smog should be in GTA V? Kind of like lesser visibility in some areas, along with not being able to see as far. Thoughts?

user posted image

Ever since I knew it was LS, I thought it has to be smoggy.

It will defo be in, i\'m sure, i\'m guessing in LA it\'s not so visible during bright sunlight hours but at night it\'s like a fog???

I thought smog was more brown in color? Also, I would like some days to be beautiful because that\'s what California is for; gorgeous weather!

G1T

Bring on the smog. icon14.gif

fV9tG4b.gif

if its occationally then qudos to rockstar.

If its permanent its lazyness and a way to get around

view distance.

^ What this guy said. ^

But as mentioned, it seems that it shows occasionally in the trailer. smile.gif

Sorry if I'm wrong, I haven't been to LA, but would getting stuck in summer make that much of a difference? I mean, it's not like it snows in Santa Monica Bay in winter?

OT: Smog would be nice, I quite miss the foggy weather in San Fierro, though I don't want it all the time.

Edited by mulder84