Just my opinion, Rockstar should be careful

Ludzidocelowych

We've waited about 4 years for some info on GTA V. When the V trailer was launched it was shared onto many sites. The creators of Saints Row 3 even said they where going to loose fans when there was news on GTA V. Rockstar are careful and they know what there doing and what there going to give us before the game is out..

GrandMaster Smith
Ummmm. What?  confused.gif

People get impatient.

*12 year olds get patient*

Fixed that for ya..

Dude, just get a life.. there's more to living than waiting for GTAV to be announced.

We all know V is going to deliver like none other, so don't worry about it. I can guarantee that R* knows what they're doing.

It's absolutely no fun and flatout sucks when game companies start talking about all the new features, it just completley ruins it for getting to experience it first hand. R* said this is the most innovative and ambitious game they've made so they obviously have alot of things up their sleeves they want the players to experience first hand rather than through a magazine article.

The less you know, the better. Go play Skryim or something in the meantime

I see people posting in here on 25th and 26th December... Christmas Day and Boxing Day! Do any of you have families? Lives? Seriously... Sad sad people. The hype will only build, that's inevitable. No matter how long they wait.

Want to hear a joke...

Knock knock?

"Who's there?"

Ryan.

It's not that deep, not only are there more things to do in life, there are more games. Not only will the new Bioshock, Mass Effect, Max Payne, and if I'm lucky Fallout be released next year, but there are still older games to play and replay. So no they won't be killing any hype and personally I'm not sure I'm very "hyper" about GTA V.

It's not that deep, not only are there more things to do in life, there are more games. Not only will the new Bioshock, Mass Effect, Max Payne, and if I'm lucky Fallout be released next year, but there are still older games to play and replay. So no they won't be killing any hype and personally I'm not sure I'm very "hyper" about GTA V.

Well ive been playing skyrim for a couple of weeks but still cant get gta v out of my mind so i check forums like twice a day

I feel like people have forgotten about the GTA series or are much less interested. It's been 4+ years since GTA IV and since GTA V was announced, it really hasn't made a HUGE impact on the gaming world like was expected.

The age groups who bought IV the most at the time were probably 18-20 year olds. Now most of them would be over 22 years old and following gaming updated is probably less important to them unless they are extreme fans.

Those who were 10-14 years old at the time probably only more recently played GTA IV, and likely didn't think of it as being AS epic in contrast to other modern games, meaning their interest in the GTA series is not as strong.

Any more then 3 years and the gaming world (apart from the extreme fans, us) begin to forget and focus on other games which are popular (such as COD).

For me the news of GTA V was epic, but i think the very long wait has affected many others, especially those who were in the ages above when GTA IV was released.

Just thought i'd share and see your opinion on this.

Any one who was hyped by the GTA V trailer is going to come back when there is more info. Even if the info is released a year later, the same people will still love the game. I'm pretty sure if people go away because of no info, they will most defiantly come back when there is info.

I'm 16 and i'm a fan of GTA and other story based games, I guess i'm the only of my kind that actually liked L.A Noire lol

And no, the long wait is ok if rockstar keeps doing those epic games, for me it's fine

EDIT: lol, the guy below me has the same avatar tounge.gif

Edited by matajuegos

See no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil...

I LOST A FRIEND, MAY GOD REST YOUR SOUL, ZEE

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

user posted image

user posted image

Grand Theft Auto is a household name. The name alone will get people interested and considering that the V trailer has over ten million views on youtube and IV's first trailer after nearly four years has just over a million, I think V will do just fine.

Those who were 10-14 years old at the time probably only more recently played GTA IV, and likely didn't think of it as being AS epic in contrast to other modern games, meaning their interest in the GTA series is not as strong.

I'm part of this age level(14) biggrin.gif.

Yeah,I just had the game recently,last year to be more specific. I played the game,but I got easily impressed by the gameplay. The only thing they didn't focused,I think,is the free-roaming part. I think they focused more on details and story. The FUN factor was decreased. Yeah,the physics are great and I love playing with it(like throwing a grenade to a pile of cars and see them explode,and see the lag). The massive customization (not too massive eh?) from San Andreas was gone and that's the reason I felt very different in IV. I can't customize my car. I can't pick the color!. No watches,only 2 types of glasses,no stamina,fat,muscle and sex appeal - yeah...that's the things I missed. I want 'em,at least the car customization, to be back in V. That's it biggrin.gif

GTA Knowledge - Im 27 and played GTA since 98. People I know are wiping the drool away from their mouths in anticipation for V - you might 'grow out' of gaming heavily but certain franchises will always be popular regardless of age. My best friends dad is an ex para, police sniper and motorcycle trainer and plays SA all the time !

Yeah that is why it is the most searched 2012 title on google. People really have forgotten about it haven't they.... alien.gif

I feel like people have forgotten about the GTA series or are much less interested. It's been 4+ years since GTA IV and since GTA V was announced, it really hasn't made a HUGE impact on the gaming world like was expected.

The age groups who bought IV the most at the time were probably 18-20 year olds. Now most of them would be over 22 years old and following gaming updated is probably less important to them unless they are extreme fans.

Any more then 3 years and the gaming world (apart from the extreme fans, us) begin to forget and focus on other games which are popular (such as COD).

For me the news of GTA V was epic, but i think the very long wait has affected many others, especially those who were in the ages above when GTA IV was released.

What the hell are you talking about? The announcement of the trailer was almost a big a story as the release of Battlefield 3. Besides aren't the late 20s to early 30s considered the average age of a gamer now?

GTA Knowledge - Im 27 and played GTA since 98. People I know are wiping the drool away from their mouths in anticipation for V - you might 'grow out' of gaming heavily but certain franchises will always be popular regardless of age. My best friends dad is an ex para, police sniper and motorcycle trainer and plays SA all the time !

Same here man. I'm 28, work 30-40 hours a week and go to school part time and GTA is really what keeps me interested in gaming. Yes I like other franchises like Elder Schrolls, Fallout, Uncharted, Fifa, NBA 2k series, God of War etc. But nothing tickles my fancy like GTA. I was like a an 8 year old at Christmas when I heard about GTAV, and IV, and San Andreas, and Vice City, and Chinatown Wars and so on. GTA is the only game I'll go to a midnight release for (and other R* games also)

I'll be playing and enjoying GTA till the day I die.

GTAIV releases in april 2008

tlad/tbogt release on xbox oct 2009

- release on ps3 in april 2010

i'm assuming GTAV will be released sometime in 2012. if that is the case, then that will mean 4 years will have gone by from the time GTAIV was released until GTAV. this is the same amount of time that took place between san andreas and GTAIV... four years in between.

we have had plenty of time to play GTAIV, but it's not like the franchise has been forgotten. GTA remains one of the top franchises of all time. we've had enough time to soak in IV, and now that we're ready for something new, BAM we get a trailer for V.

GTA is the type of game that doesn't need to be remade every year like call of duty.. R* is smarter than that. they always aim to make their games as close to perfect and as awesome as possible and that takes time.

edit: and i'm sure R* doesn't keep the 10-14 year old demographic in mind when they're developing their games.

I'm 16 and i'm a fan of GTA and other story based games, I guess i'm the only of my kind that actually liked L.A Noire lol

I liked LA noire to, so your not alone there.

I was 17 years old when gta III popped up (my first GTA), now I'm 27. I'm a GTA fan for life and I'm patiently waiting every new GTA title to come up over the years. I guess many people like me at some point get tired of waiting and just forget about it until they see a new trailer or the game is released. You know it's like "calm before the storm" I believe people haven't lost interest at all. Meanwhile I'm enjoying other games but GTA IV is first in my list.

Edited by Hristov1984

Finn 7 five 11

What the hell are you talking about? The announcement of the trailer was almost a big a story as the release of Battlefield 3. Besides aren't the late 20s to early 30s considered the average age of a gamer now?

Pretty sure the GTA V trailer announcement sent everyone nuts, it was bigger than BF3 or COD, it has been kept quiet so long everyone's surprise just erupted, within hours it was all over the web, i had trouble finding the original trailer.

i am 20 now, when GTA IV came out i was 17, 3 years on and i am no less interested in the franchise, i have many many friends who are excited about the game, or know that the trailer has been shown and that official information was released and will be purchasing it upon release, nobody forgets about Mario, nobody forget about GTA either.

Dude, the public went crazy when it was announced. I no way has the hype gone down. I must admit, before the game was announced, I thought that was the case. But the reaction definitely proves that people still care.

I think the wait is important. To make a game like GTA, and to actually IMPROVE the game (Not just add features) takes time. a COD game takes a lot less time, being a completely different game. It's also in a genre of gaming that's packed with quite a few games, meaning that if it probably wouldn't survive a gap like a GTA game would. Whereas GTA is in a genre it completely dominates. There's great games in this genre, but none have the fame GTA has.

Basically, people will see the ads once they hit TV, and they'll sh*t themselves with excitement or frown with concern. IT WILL BE NOTICED.

im 29 and GTA is the only thing i really play now, used to be flat out on COD but that kind of wore out for me after so many games the all seem the same(the mrs was glad though). been playing GTA since 3 first came out and been hooked since! il be paying it for years yet!