Vehicle Customisation - MCLA style

JB94

There are some people in here who will never be satisfied, nothing new on GTAF.net of course.

You wanted vehicle customization, you got it. R* have already confirmed this aspect will be on par with MC:LA - pretty dam impressive for an open world game if you ask me. Some of you are expecting Gran Turismo/Forza style sh*t here, just be happy with what you're getting ffs.

u know. they wouldnt even be statisfied with that... cause u cant adjust tyre pressure

hellfury66

hmm im gonna put the whole blowing the cars motor up by over tuning idea to my to do listin gta5. im going to take some crappy little japanise import and over tune the engien. then rev it up way too much and see if the motor will blow up and catch on fire. it would be just like over doing it with burning out the cars tires until they poped in gta4. also i hope the car mods look way better in gta5 and look good on certain cars like on the old muscle cars then they did gta sa where the looked out of place and did not look rite. like on the tampa or stallion in san andreas.

GTAfan786

So who really wants to ruin the cars in GTA V by using neon light's under the cars and f*cking decals? This isn't NFS underground.

Why is driving so in depth, this isn't GT5. Why is shooting so intense, this isn't CoD. Why can we buy propertirs, this isn't Sims 3.

Honestly, stop going around the V section bashing everyone for their thoughts like you always do.

Jesus christ, have you ever heard of "trolling"? That's all i was doing.

"I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

So who really wants to ruin the cars in GTA V by using neon light's under the cars and f*cking decals? This isn't NFS underground.

Why is driving so in depth, this isn't GT5. Why is shooting so intense, this isn't CoD. Why can we buy propertirs, this isn't Sims 3.

Honestly, stop going around the V section bashing everyone for their thoughts like you always do.

So now you've just admitted to trolling which makes you just as bad as being ignorant.

This forum isn't for your little games, dude, so discuss stuff properly or just leave. I don't think anyone's amused.

Happyness
There are some people in here who will never be satisfied, nothing new on GTAF.net of course.

You wanted vehicle customization, you got it. R* have already confirmed this aspect will be on par with MC:LA - pretty dam impressive for an open world game if you ask me. Some of you are expecting Gran Turismo/Forza style sh*t here, just be happy with what you're getting ffs.

u know. they wouldnt even be statisfied with that... cause u cant adjust tyre pressure

You know, 99% of us are satisfied, your argument is invalid.

:cry: :Cry: :cry: :Cry: :cry: :Cry: :cry: :Cry: :cry: :Cry: :cry: :Cry: :cry: :Cry: :cry: :Cry:

The Scottish Guy

Even if you could, they'd start complaining about not being able to hear the air conditioning.

G

If what they say is true, and that it actually IS on par with MC:LA, I'd be more than satisfied!

It's the way they describe it that makes it sound basic. It conflicts. That's why I'm worried.

GTAfan786

So now you've just admitted to trolling which makes you just as bad as being ignorant.

This forum isn't for your little games, dude, so discuss stuff properly or just leave. I don't think anyone's amused.

I'm just taking the piss out of people who act like that. Anything wrong with that? That doesn't make me bad or ignorant. Look at the people complaining even more.

"I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Biggie Deaf

Even if you could, they'd start complaining about not being able to hear the air conditioning.

Ahhh...that familar "click" of the compressor kicking on at the same time as the fan...

The Scottish Guy

Ahhh...that familar "click" of the compressor kicking on at the same time as the fan...

Do you think they'll be able to synchronize it all fluently? Let's hope so, otherwise I ain't buying this game.

G

Found this quote from PSM's preview. It's quite settling.

San Andreas had a similar mechanic, but I’m assured the model here blows anything possible in that game out of the workshop – it’ll feel a lot more like Midnight Club than anything you’ve seen in a previous GTA.

Kifflom112

This is a thread for suggestions and hopes. People can speculate and whatnot. This is why I am beginning to hate this section. Every time we get information and people begin to give feedback or suggestions, others begin to go around like they are the Complaining Patrol hopping on anyone's case if they have evem the sloghtest bit of criticism, or have 'too high expectations'.

Edited by Kifflom112

Biggie Deaf

Do you think they'll be able to synchronize it all fluently? Let's hope so, otherwise I ain't buying this game.

...I don't know. I don't think that it has been done before in a game. It needs to be a loud click for 4 cylinder engines and get quieter as the engines get bigger.

I don't want my Futo sounding like a Super Diamond.

Happyness

This stopped being funny, you can leave the thread now.

:cry: :Cry: :cry: :Cry: :cry: :Cry: :cry: :Cry: :cry: :Cry: :cry: :Cry: :cry: :Cry: :cry: :Cry:

MrcTOtheJ
Found this quote from PSM's preview. It's quite settling.

San Andreas had a similar mechanic, but I’m assured the model here blows anything possible in that game out of the workshop – it’ll feel a lot more like Midnight Club than anything you’ve seen in a previous GTA.

Indeed.

I think the reason it seemed simplistic in some previews is because the Rockstar official, and/or the journalist where summerizeing quickly.

To be honest, this level of customization is no where near what I was hoping for, I love it. Glad they have proformance mods finally as well.

Biggie Deaf

When I saw the rims on the Ruiner in Frankin's trailer, the first thing that came to my mind was, "I have similar rims on my Camro in MCLA; same paint scheme."

Wow, R*...just...wow.

Supercharged Dukes! Finally it will be as fast as it was supposed to be unlike in IV. Tho I will avoid aesthetic upgrades because you don't mix muscle cars with ugly body kits.

The Scottish Guy

This is a thread for suggestions and hopes. People can speculate and whatnot. This is why I am beginning to hate this section. Every time we get information and people begin to give feedback or suggestions, others begin to go around like they are the Complaining Patrol hopping on anyone's case if they have evem the sloghtest bit of criticism, or have 'too high expectations'.

Understood captain, but the already premature criticism being thrown at something that has already been CONFIRMED to be something pretty dam impressive, makes your criticism look nothing short of being spoiled, whiney little kids.

G

Supercharged Dukes! Finally it will be as fast as it was supposed to be unlike in IV. Tho I will avoid aesthetic upgrades because you don't mix muscle cars with ugly body kits.

Not all aesthetics are bodykits. Minor edits to the bodykits of muscle cars would be nice, the Dukes in original IV had a variant with an aftermarket front bumper, anyways.

REALLY hoping for decal customisation. It would spruce up multiplayer so much! It'd benefit the MP gang scene too. Imagine seeing a whole gang cruising LS in convoy, each vehicle unique but with the same paint scheme and logo?

It would give MP alot more context, and make it feel more like SP.

MrcTOtheJ
When I saw the rims on the Ruiner in Frankin's trailer, the first thing that came to my mind was, "I have similar rims on my Camro in MCLA; same paint scheme."

Wow, R*...just...wow.

I just went back and paused the trailer when the Ruiner is doing a donut, and those are the same rims it had in GTAIV.

Though when I paused it when it was turning the corner they do look a little diffrent (there where several moments like this in all the trailers) could be because they're in motion, but they look whiter and diffrent...good find icon14.gif .

The paint Scheme also changed the Ruiner logo on the side goes from a Orange-ish to a white.

Also I agree with LazyboyEight on the visuals on a Muscle car, something that fits is fine but something like the Spoilers and such you could put on a Stalion in SA that looks like something that'd fit better on a Sport Compact, was odd. I hope they have fitting modifications like they did with the varients in IV.

What I hope for is that we can restore the beater varients of cars if we so choose, other wise there wouldn't be much you could do to them but fully restoreing say the rusted out Sabre would allow you to change the paint more, and add more over all than just say rims and maybe some of the body modifications.

Decal customization would be nice as well, but I'd be fine with pre made paint scheme as well. Maybe something like MCLA where they had those, but then you could edit the pre-made Vinyl packs as well? Maybe save your premade liveries as well if there's something you liked allot, the possiblities are endless.

In Saints Row, I always used to steal cars, go and mod them, and so on, tried to cruise down on the street with the car, but it didn't give me that satisfaction that I wanted, however, I am 110% that playing V, gaining money, and then going to tune the car, will give me a huge satisfaction, just imagine the possibilities to mod cars in HD version in an open world game such as GTA. My God, this is amazing.

@Happyness, I hear you on that one. The customisation system would make vehicle ownership actually worthwhile; players would be able to have their vehicles that are unique to them, I'm hoping the paint system is an RGB + white & black system so colours are truly unique.

You could have your custom car - maybe a custom Maibatsu sedan like the Evolution IX MR in your sig

TheQuestFor100Percent can have his black Hellenbach

I can have a car in my favourite blue scheme

The system means that us players are closer to being able to make cars that are truly reflective of us, maybe not cars that reflect our personalities, but cars that reflect our tastes and tuning styles.

Also the performance aspect sounds like us player will be able to modify a car so that it suits our driving style, so the true American drivers can feel the raw power of their muscle car, the level headed tuners can experience incredible control and grip at lower speeds and the off-roaders can off-road to their heart's content.

It would make racing a bit more fun as well I think, turning up to the start line in your signature car and then schooling them, with your trusty machine.

The things that this system could bring to players...

Biggie Deaf

Well don't forget how it was in SA:

Certain cars could only get cusmoized at certain shops. Lowriders had its own, so did imports, then you had TransFender, that did the rest.

I totally believe that R* will have certain parts only made for certain classes of vehicles.

MrcTOtheJ
In Saints Row, I always used to steal cars, go and mod them, and so on, tried to cruise down on the street with the car, but it didn't give me that satisfaction that I wanted, however, I am 110% that playing V, gaining money, and then going to tune the car, will give me a huge satisfaction, just imagine the possibilities to mod cars in HD version in an open world game such as GTA. My God, this is amazing.

@Happyness, I hear you on that one. The customisation system would make vehicle ownership actually worthwhile; players would be able to have their vehicles that are unique to them, I'm hoping the paint system is an RGB + white & black system so colours are truly unique.

You could have your custom car - maybe a custom Maibatsu sedan like the Evolution IX MR in your sig

The system means that us players are closer to being able to make cars that are truly reflective of us, maybe not cars that reflect our personalities, but cars that reflect our tastes and tuning styles.

Also the performance aspect sounds like us player will be able to modify a car so that it suits our driving style, so the true American drivers can feel the raw power of their muscle car, the level headed tuners can experience incredible control and grip at lower speeds and the off-roaders can off-road to their heart's content.

It would make racing a bit more fun as well I think, turning up to the start line in your signature car and then schooling them, with your trusty machine.

The possiblities of what this could bring to the game are emense.

I plan on having a bit of everything from Off Roading trucks, to Low Riders and everything inbetween seeing as my tastes are everywhere, I really hope we could cut the interior as a visual mod, the Futo GT had a roll cage and the Carpeting removed from the interior IIRC, I loved that, the Sultan RS as well. Not saying I'd do it to every car, but it'd be a cool option when you're going for a track built vibe.

I'm also hoping for Motorcycle modification, that would be icing on the cake.

My interpretation of "overtune" was that your car would produce more torque/ horsepower than the tyres and suspension could handle. This could however be turned into an advantage and translate into the creation of drift cars...

Though it's a different physics engine, the following is only 294 bhp and yet it's capable of;

user posted image

I reckon "overtuning" would result in 5x the smoke biggrin.gif

SwaggedOut

I plan on having a bit of everything from Off Roading trucks, to Low Riders and everything inbetween seeing as my tastes are everywhere, I really hope we could cut the interior as a visual mod, the Futo GT had a roll cage and the Carpeting removed from the interior IIRC, I loved that, the Sultan RS as well. Not saying I'd do it to every car, but it'd be a cool option when you're going for a track built vibe.

The shop we were told about was called "Los Santos Customs", which I'm guessing is a parody of West Coast Customs - who do everything from motorcycles and small dune buggies to Large Pickup trucks and supercars, so hoping for motorcycle customisation isn't too far fetched I think.

I'd probably modify a sportbike or two myself to be honest.

The shop we were told about was called "Los Santos Customs", which I'm guessing is a parody of West Coast Customs - who do everything from motorcycles and small dune buggies to Large Pickup trucks and supercars, so hoping for motorcycle customisation isn't too far fetched I think.

MCLA did allow for bike customisation - motorcycle-specific performance, paint, window tint and wheels. I don't think it's too far fetched an idea either.

MrcTOtheJ

MCLA did allow for bike customisation - motorcycle-specific performance, paint, window tint and wheels. I don't think it's too far fetched an idea either.

Not at all.

I wonder if the MCLA team which was said to be brought in to help with the Handleing (just hope it isn't to arcade)

in the last set of previews is the team which was spear heading the customization, it'd explain what we've been

hearing about MCLA levels of customization, and they may as well make use of the expertise right?

I also see the overtuning as a bit of an advantage, and I'm really looking forward to making some drift cars with it.

Namely one out of a Futo.

-inVADER-

I think a selection of nice wheels, a three stage performance upgrade scheme (vehicle sound has to change with each upgrade) and paint would be perfect.  Bodykits, decals and silly bling mods don't appeal to me.

Like that:

wannaslide

I nearly jazzed in my pans when I seen the words car customizing biggrin.gif . one thing i'd like to know is if we do up a car ,and then play as another person .When we go back to that car will it still be there ? or will the character take it driving and ruin it when you're not using him ?

Happyness

Oh trust me man, trust me! If I ever find a car in V that looks like that IX MR then I'll be the happiest dude in the world. I f*cking love that car, and I'd do anything to own one irl. One day I will.

So, who's in for a GTA V Freeroam racing crew? Nay or Yay?