Vehicle Customisation - MCLA style

JB94

The way they describe it though, it sounds a bit.. limited. I mean if they had awesome in-depth MCLA customisation, they'd bloody say so. They'd mention in-depth decal creation system and bodykits, not changing wheels and spoilers.

I mean, anyone with taste wouldn't put high end wheels and a spoiler onto a car without changing the bodykit to suit the rest.

That's just.. unethical.

Because that sounds like how just the other day I saw this twat in a New Beetle, with a Porsche sticker covering the VW badge, some cheap "sporty" wheels, and some other cheap tat.

I know what you mean, I'm just hoping for the best to be honest.

Hahaha, the amount of times I'v seen new drivers de-badging their car and all these other stupid mods makes me laugh. "De-badged my Corsa the other day, now it's a Porche". sigh.gif

Would love a bit more variety to modding, otherwise it'll feel pretty limited like SA.

I was pretty sure I read "and more" when the types of customization were described. I'd think if grills and spoilers were added, body kits would as well. As far as decals, I doubt Forza like customization is possible with everything else R* must focus on. It'd be nice though.

GTAgamersquirrel

Honestly, I'm more than pleased with this customization if its all there is. You have to realize that this isn't just a game about customizing your vehicles it has so much more to offer. Think of it this way, would you rather have this or nothing at all like in IV.

You could make anything out of it really.

"Rockstar says players can tweak both performance and aesthetics at a level on par with Midnight Club: Los Angeles." - GI

"If you'd rather focus on style over substance, concentrate on altering the paint job, wheels, window tinting, grill, and spoiler. You can even customize your license plate." - GI

"Cars can be completely customized from their outside appearance to even their handling and performance now at Los Santos Customs, the replacement to Pay N' Sprays." - Destructoid

"Rockstar promises that auto shops will not simply be used for a quick change of paint in order to evade the cops. Of course, you can still do that if you want--and even swap out license plates if you're so inclined. But these shops will also be used for customizing your car to high heaven, including performance upgrades as well as cosmetic options such as new spoilers, grilles, and window tints that will let you live out your inner Vin Diesel (or Paul Walker, if you're the boring type)." - Gamespot

All say near enough the same thing, so either that's all there s or that's all they were told.

user posted image

@Flashify if it's possible to overtune the engine then I'm pretty sure this would lead to "drift cars" in effect. Having more torque and power than the tyres can handle can only mean lots of sideways movement...

user posted image

SwaggedOut

Drift cars? That sounds interesting, I hope that wheel/ tyre dimensions can be changed like in MCLA. I would certainly like to play around with off-road options for the SUVs/ SUTs.

Im really hoping that you can choose to leave a car in one place for however long you like, say you find a really fun off road course that takes a fair while of on road driving to get to, id wanna be able to customize some offroad vehicle into a baja buggy type deal, park it at the start of the course and be able to drive out there in a super fast sports car or just cruise to it in a low and slow chevy type car park up, go over to my baja truck and go for a shred in the wilderness, come back to where my other car is parked get in that and drive away.

it couldnt be that hard to implement seeing as its been done by modders in gta sa.

also if you leave a car that you own in the middle of the high way, it would be cool if after a certain amount of time it got towed to an impound, where you could pay a small fee to get it back or just bust in and steal it. impounds could be in seeing as frank does repo work

The way they describe it though, it sounds a bit.. limited. I mean if they had awesome in-depth MCLA customisation, they'd bloody say so. They'd mention in-depth decal creation system and bodykits, not changing wheels and spoilers.

I mean, anyone with taste wouldn't put high end wheels and a spoiler onto a car without changing the bodykit to suit the rest.

That's just.. unethical.

Because that sounds like how just the other day I saw this twat in a New Beetle, with a Porsche sticker covering the VW badge, some cheap "sporty" wheels, and some other cheap tat.

You can change suspension, engine, spoiler, rims and so on. How is that not an in depth customisaton? We don't need any logo's on the car, or any neon lights or anything like that.

Changing very basic things like rims and spoilers is in-depth?

That's one of the most ignorant things I've heard in my life!

"logos" which are called "decals" or "vinyls" by the way, and neons are exactly what we need. At the very least we need to be able to change bodykits, bonnets, exhaust tips, lights, wheel dimensions, ride height etc. THAT earns it the right to be called customisation. Not changing a spoiler or the wheels.

I would say that the ideas put forth in the previews are in depth.

Rims, Grill, tires, spoilers, paints, tuning, suspension, brakes, license plate.... That would be pretty damn in depth.

Yeah I would like the idea of making a customer decal as well and who knows Maaaaybe we can, but don't go calling all of those options above chump change.

You sound a little "spoil"ed Har har

That's far from in-depth, dude.

That's exactly like saying adding a scope to a weapon is in-depth. It's not. Play Midnight Club LA. THAT'S in-depth. Not changing wheels and a spoiler.

That's just.. unethical.

You can change suspension, engine, spoiler, rims and so on. How is that not an in depth customisaton? We don't need any logo's on the car, or any neon lights or anything like that.

"logos" which are called "decals" or "vinyls" by the way, and neons are exactly what we need. At the very least we need to be able to change bodykits, bonnets, exhaust tips, lights, wheel dimensions, ride height etc. THAT earns it the right to be called customisation. Not changing a spoiler or the wheels.

Rims, Grill, tires, spoilers, paints, tuning, suspension, brakes, license plate.... That would be pretty damn in depth.

Yeah I would like the idea of making a customer decal as well and who knows Maaaaybe we can, but don't go calling all of those options above chump change.

That's exactly like saying adding a scope to a weapon is in-depth. It's not. Play Midnight Club LA. THAT'S in-depth. Not changing wheels and a spoiler.

If u want to adjust the gears then GTA is probably the wrong game...

You sound like u want complete Forza game in GTA...

Happyness
If the things mentioned in the GI article is true, then I am more than satisfied, I honestly hope we can do that in freeroam too. Man! Imagine just having friends over on a server, each with his customized car, doing races and sh*t, oh my God..
:cry: :Cry: :cry: :Cry: :cry: :Cry: :cry: :Cry: :cry: :Cry: :cry: :Cry: :cry: :Cry: :cry: :Cry:

That's just.. unethical.

He won't understand you if you say "Forza" - it's not on PS3.

I'm guessing, like with everything, R* has held back some info, but at least customisation is confirmed so I'm a very happy guy right now.

@Happyness, Yes that would be amazing icon14.gif

Happyness
If R* does indeed always keep info back on specific features, then there are more things than the ones mentioned, let's hope R* does NOT take them out.
:cry: :Cry: :cry: :Cry: :cry: :Cry: :cry: :Cry: :cry: :Cry: :cry: :Cry: :cry: :Cry: :cry: :Cry:

@Flashify if it's possible to overtune the engine then I'm pretty sure this would lead to "drift cars" in effect. Having more torque and power than the tyres can handle can only mean lots of sideways movement...

All that came to my mind when I heard you can overtune your engine was overheat or blow it up. lol.gif What you said sounds possible... and fun.

Fail_At_GTA

LA Noire level of detail, gameplay of San Andreas, and hopefully the MCLA car customization. That would literally make this the most amazing game of all time!

TheQuestfor100Percent

Car customization is something I really didn't think would be included, and I am so stoked that it is.

I believe I will be making a black Hellenbach......

Kifflom112

Car customization was something that I never thought I would care about. I just wanted the ability to change my car's colors on my own. But now I'm pretty damn stoked for car customization. Modifying rims, grills, etc.

My hopes for in-depth customization:

• Adjusting rim width, size, and coating.

• Adding fitting two tone paint jobs.

• Either a huge color variety or the ability to build up your own unique colors.

• Comfort suspension, stiff suspension, sport suspension.

• Tires. In MCLA you could choose between sporty tires and tires that would make a nice classic look even better.

• Adjusting chrome color.

• Manufacteror parts(ways to make a normal variant of a car look like the best variant while not looking customized.

• Of course hydraulics for my Voodoo tounge.gif

I have high hopes for this feature, bope it works well although SA's would be fine enough for me. smile.gif

Happyness

In Saints Row, I always used to steal cars, go and mod them, and so on, tried to cruise down on the street with the car, but it didn't give me that satisfaction that I wanted, however, I am 110% that playing V, gaining money, and then going to tune the car, will give me a huge satisfaction, just imagine the possibilities to mod cars in HD version in an open world game such as GTA. My God, this is amazing.

Guys, once we get our hands on the game, we HAVE TO do races, get cars, do races, make a racing crew, do y'all agree? :grin:

That's just.. unethical.

If you think changing gear ratios is extremely complicated, there might be a bit of a problem.

It would be extremely useful to be able to change gear ratios in GTAV. That's basic and easy stuff.

And I'm not on about performance. I'm on about aesthetics. Yes, GTAV doesn't need options for dampers, camber angles, anti roll bars and all that, a simple slider how much understeer/oversteer you get would be fine, much in the same way gear ratios either give the car more acceleration or top speed. GTA doesn't need in-depth performance, but it needs in-depth aesthetics.

Spoilers, grills and wheels are NOT in-depth. That's very basic. In-depth is bodykits, bonnets, lights, Midnight Club LA decal system, wheel colour, two-tone colours, exhaust tips, steering wheels, seats, tachometers (which should also show on the HUD) ride height, wheel dimensions, everything like that.

wtf would be the point of that in GTA....

a guy who buys a Racing game can expect such depth and that only from a simulation like Forza.

i dont know how people can expect such stuff from a GTA game.... and its not even usefull in GTA.

Why dont u just play a racing game if u want that much depth

That's just.. unethical.

If you think changing gear ratios is extremely complicated, there might be a bit of a problem.

It would be extremely useful to be able to change gear ratios in GTAV. That's basic and easy stuff.

And I'm not on about performance. I'm on about aesthetics. Yes, GTAV doesn't need options for dampers, camber angles, anti roll bars and all that, a simple slider how much understeer/oversteer you get would be fine, much in the same way gear ratios either give the car more acceleration or top speed. GTA doesn't need in-depth performance, but it needs in-depth aesthetics.

Spoilers, grills and wheels are NOT in-depth. That's very basic. In-depth is bodykits, bonnets, lights, Midnight Club LA decal system, wheel colour, two-tone colours, exhaust tips, steering wheels, seats, tachometers (which should also show on the HUD) ride height, wheel dimensions, everything like that.

You are on to something. I think in-depth for GTA V is honestly going to be dumbed down. It will probably be in depth in the sense that we have very real control over the end result, but I don't see things like options for individual parts, or changing ratios, or numbers while adjusting ride height. Sliders and preset levels of tuning for performance areas will likely be the way to go.

I love the thought of tuning a car as much as the next guy and rebuilding some of the most famous experiments in automotive history like the John Player Special, but mass appeal is going to win in the end. This feature has to be accessible without a heavy amount of explanation, because lets face it: there will be people playing this game that can't fill their washer fluid.

Happyness
GTA's fanbase is huge, if you're just going to make a game that only lets you shoot in an open-world game, then screw it, I as well might not play GTA. We play GTA to satisfy our needs, I want a game where I can customize my car, but also use a player, to go out, explore, sh*t like that. No game offers that, only GTA V will. So stop complaining.

TheQuestfor100Percent

I believe it will be more in depth than San Andreas. That is good enough for me. San Andreas has just enough I thought. I love racing games, but I don't think of GTA as one.

GTAfan786

So who really wants to ruin the cars in GTA V by using neon light's under the cars and f*cking decals? This isn't NFS underground.

"I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Happyness

Like I mentioned above, some of us want to enjoy having cars that are available in race games while operating a 3rd person shooter, it feels different than the damned usual racing games, sure, if I want to play a racing game then I will play NFS (which is crap now-a-days), but I want to have customizations for car in GTA V for the following reason:

In Multiplayer, you get freeroam, which I bet will also allow you to customize cars, I want to be able to go around with friends, park somewhere, and get out of the car, stand in a group, or simply have a shoot-out, I want to film The Fast & The Furious in GTA and make a series out of it online, what's so hard to understand? R* isn't making a game to please YOU only.

Kifflom112
So who really wants to ruin the cars in GTA V by using neon light's under the cars and f*cking decals? This isn't NFS underground.

Why is driving so in depth, this isn't GT5. Why is shooting so intense, this isn't CoD. Why can we buy propertirs, this isn't Sims 3.

Honestly, stop going around the V section bashing everyone for their thoughts like you always do.

Oh my god.. "this isn't x".

Would people seriously stop using that as an argument!? It's just ignorant!

Who needs guns when you have COD? Who needs graphical improvements when you have the real world? Who needs anything when you have the real world?

I'll tell you why, because people enjoy it. People enjoy it because it's what they want. Not because it doesn't have something because some random bloke on an internet forum says it doesn't suit the game.

Earlier today you were complaining about how you want to fly in WATCH_DOGS.

Oh you silly fool, this isn't Flight Simulator! Why do you want it?

It's because you enjoy it. Stop being ignorant and think about other people's opinions.

tl;dr - you're wrong

Oh my god.. "this isn't x".

Would people seriously stop using that as an argument!? It's just ignorant!

Who needs guns when you have COD? Who needs graphical improvements when you have the real world? Who needs anything when you have the real world?

I'll tell you why, because people enjoy it. People enjoy it because it's what they want. Not because it doesn't have something because some random bloke on an internet forum says it doesn't suit the game.

Earlier today you were complaining about how you want to fly in WATCH_DOGS.

Oh you silly fool, this isn't Flight Simulator! Why do you want it?

It's because you enjoy it. Stop being ignorant and think about other people's opinions.

tl;dr - you're wrong

I'm with you. There's no reason NOT to have these things in the game. It's not like anyone is forcing you to use them. Infact, I would say by having them in the game and you not having to use them is a better expression of personal style.

The Scottish Guy

There are some people in here who will never be satisfied, nothing new on GTAF.net of course.

You wanted vehicle customization, you got it. R* have already confirmed this aspect will be on par with MC:LA - pretty dam impressive for an open world game if you ask me. Some of you are expecting Gran Turismo/Forza style sh*t here, just be happy with what you're getting ffs.

G