Vehicle Customisation - MCLA style

JB94

GtaVlurkingbeast

Hello everybody im here to share something I found interesting long time ago in the game informer gta v mag there is a pic of a red comet powersliding if you see the rims they seem fishy/out of place. Rockstar also released a photo on their website with a red car coming out of a hotel not the comet a new car it has the same rims bigger rims on it.

gsbadreligion
Yeah, I do get what you mean with the personalisation thing, but R* aren't giving clothing customisation so there may not be a focus on personalisation for GTA V.

On the plus side R* North were working with R* San Diego for vehicle physics so maybe there might be a small chance that they may be working on other unmentioned elements as well.

it seems they are with frankllin being shown in multiple screenshots with different clothes still having a bandanna meaning it must be seperate.

Hello everybody im here to share something I found interesting long time ago in the game informer gta v mag there is a pic of a red comet powersliding if you see the rims they seem fishy/out of place. Rockstar also released a photo on their website with a red car coming out of a hotel not the comet a new car it has the same rims bigger rims on it.

Yeah, most of us clocked that a while ago...

user posted image

user posted image

I'm not getting my hopes up for a second, so I'm still hoping for vehicle customisation to be in rather than assuming it is.

user posted image

Not sure if anyone else noticed this. In trailer 2 the premier looks a little different. It might be because its slightly blurred, distant and in the sunlight but the side skirt and wheel arch look quite wide, along with being lower to the ground. It would seem weird if rockstar were to have only one modified car in all the media we've been shown, so maybe i'm just seeing things...

Opinions...

• 3 weeks later...

I think this thread is appropriate to bump after the new footage. smile.gif

user posted image

user posted image

Racing slicks, vinyls, flame-spitting exhausts. All pointing in one direction.

Edited by Flashify

Rockstar made our thread a reality, I think might go and cry some tears of joy now icon14.gif

SwaggedOut
Rockstar made our thread a reality, I think might go and cry some tears of joy now icon14.gif

Looks like we won bro, let the good times roll icon14.gif

I'm hoping we can get aftermarket lights. smile.gif

P.S. Need my RS back or some sort of Evo clone. nervous.gif

P.S.S We won lads!

Edited by Flashify

Sneakerhead.

I guess this means the Comet was a tuned one after all.

If the bodykit on the Comet looks that good, imagine all the other cars! user posted image

Probably sounds like a beast too, considering R* said engines get upgraded too. icon14.gif

Can't wait till V releases. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

I'm getting the idea this is only very basic customisation. None of the publications mentioned bodykits, custom decals, or details like exhaust pipes, ride height and so on.

I'm getting the idea this is only very basic customisation. None of the publications mentioned bodykits, custom decals, or details like exhaust pipes, ride height and so on.

Vehicle customization - paintjobs, wheels, window tints, grills, spoilers, along with robust performance upgrades to suspension, engine, brakes, and more that make meaningful changes to the way vehicles feel and handle

cleve_zpsd455a62d.png

They mentioned suspension so hopefully that means ride height. I doubt that Rockstar would of told every option anyway.

I'm still expecting aftermarket exhausts, lights and seats.

Two-tone colours would be a great addition too.

The way they describe it though, it sounds a bit.. limited. I mean if they had awesome in-depth MCLA customisation, they'd bloody say so. They'd mention in-depth decal creation system and bodykits, not changing wheels and spoilers.

I mean, anyone with taste wouldn't put high end wheels and a spoiler onto a car without changing the bodykit to suit the rest.

That's just.. unethical.

Because that sounds like how just the other day I saw this twat in a New Beetle, with a Porsche sticker covering the VW badge, some cheap "sporty" wheels, and some other cheap tat.

According to gameinformer, it's possible to tune cars beyond a controllable state, I wonder how that would play out for muscle cars...

AdmiralAmmunation

We need saved vehicles.

It's not magic. When you have a signature thing, it should always be available to you.

Like Johnny's bike in TLAD. It's his sig bike, so he can always find it outside his house. It isn't magic.

GTA isn't about realism all the time, people. We've seen explosive shotguns and jetpacks for crying out loud.

Hilldog39
We need saved vehicles.

It's not magic. When you have a signature thing, it should always be available to you.

Like Johnny's bike in TLAD. It's his sig bike, so he can always find it outside his house. It isn't magic.

GTA isn't about realism all the time, people. We've seen explosive shotguns and jetpacks for crying out loud.

there are actually frag rounds for shotguns IRL, just so you know

ANT_P1989

Hopefully we get to add Daytons and Hydraulics to cars too. I wanna create a look-alike of my 1994 Lincoln Towncar!!!! biggrin.gif

GTAfan786
The way they describe it though, it sounds a bit.. limited. I mean if they had awesome in-depth MCLA customisation, they'd bloody say so. They'd mention in-depth decal creation system and bodykits, not changing wheels and spoilers.

I mean, anyone with taste wouldn't put high end wheels and a spoiler onto a car without changing the bodykit to suit the rest.

That's just.. unethical.

Because that sounds like how just the other day I saw this twat in a New Beetle, with a Porsche sticker covering the VW badge, some cheap "sporty" wheels, and some other cheap tat.

You can change suspension, engine, spoiler, rims and so on. How is that not an in depth customisaton? We don't need any logo's on the car, or any neon lights or anything like that.

"I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

GamerToons

I'm kinda against it, 'cause in san andreas, i was always loosing all my customized cars to the cops, gunfire, or the water  mad.gif

If your car is automatically added to a garage once you modify it, and it'll respawn there if it gets destroyed, that'll be more of what i'd like. Hell, it'd be cool if you could access your garage in multiplayer and show off your car to everyone!

You lnow something, the fact that It's really easy to lose our investment annoys me as well, I'd support the respawning idea anyday smile.gif

My idea was always to add a "tow truck" option.

If our car blows up and we call a tow truck, it will pick up the last vehicle destroyed and bring it to a shop or a garage where it is fixed for a fee.

AdmiralAmmunation

there are actually frag rounds for shotguns IRL, just so you know

Yes, but there are still many other unrealistic parts of GTA. Not to mention the fact that you have missing sports cars outside your house and the police just ignore it. And, jetpack.

Losing your awesome car if terrible! You work a lot for it! Garages that spawn our cars in one thing we need.

Maybe we have a friend who has our car towed/fixed back to our house when it gets wrecked?

Either way this is a needed feature. Don't get all realistic-crazy in a game where you can murder everyone in a park, call a number to get the cops off, and make another phone call to get a missle launcher and a sports car.

That's just.. unethical.

You can change suspension, engine, spoiler, rims and so on. How is that not an in depth customisaton? We don't need any logo's on the car, or any neon lights or anything like that.

Changing very basic things like rims and spoilers is in-depth?

That's one of the most ignorant things I've heard in my life!

"logos" which are called "decals" or "vinyls" by the way, and neons are exactly what we need. At the very least we need to be able to change bodykits, bonnets, exhaust tips, lights, wheel dimensions, ride height etc. THAT earns it the right to be called customisation. Not changing a spoiler or the wheels.

GamerToons

Maybe we have a friend who has our car towed/fixed back to our house when it gets wrecked?

I just said that above you dude

GamerToons

That's just.. unethical.

Changing very basic things like rims and spoilers is in-depth?

That's one of the most ignorant things I've heard in my life!

"logos" which are called "decals" or "vinyls" by the way, and neons are exactly what we need. At the very least we need to be able to change bodykits, bonnets, exhaust tips, lights, wheel dimensions, ride height etc. THAT earns it the right to be called customisation. Not changing a spoiler or the wheels.

I would say that the ideas put forth in the previews are in depth.

Rims, Grill, tires, spoilers, paints, tuning, suspension, brakes, license plate.... That would be pretty damn in depth.

Yeah I would like the idea of making a customer decal as well and who knows Maaaaybe we can, but don't go calling all of those options above chump change.

You sound a little "spoil"ed Har har

AdmiralAmmunation

I just said that above you dude

SORRY! I didn't see that mate.

Hilldog39
What if Mid Night Club team ruined the car handling making it worse than SR3?

I liked the handling in Midnight Club, so I hope its similar to that.

The guys havent seen the customization.... After the Demo R* told.them about it. Read the last page of the CVG preview. So they cant tell if its in depth or not. R* probably just told them about the basics to keep it short.