Vehicle Customisation - MCLA style

JB94

If customised vehicles were allowed in multiplayer, I would only support the system if a custom car respawns at a specific place. Because if military ordnance is allowed in multiplayer then we all know what is inevitable for automobile drivers... confused.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Though I don't like rumours I have been hearing about about customisation returning, probably due to the fact that that this isn't the first time the RAGE engine is being used. smile.gif

I really do hope car customisation is making a return, and in a good manner too, I can't for that digital GI info to drop, maybe then I can find some evidence for car customisation.

• 3 months later...

Found this topic so I'll add to this rather than making a new one.

Anyways I was just thinking and it'd be awesome to have a "paintjob" type business thing, where you can put up a paintjob for a specific car on an in-game store, others buy with their in-game currency (none of that nickle and dime bullsh*t) and they get the paintjob. Similar to RMR in MCLA but with paintjobs.

I hope we can actually choose our paint and paint stock rims. It's something that I've been hoping for. Having a red Infernus with chrome black rims.

I don't know if it'll be as in depth as MCLA, but I hope it's close. I'd definitely like to have a really unique car on the road in V.

I hope we can actually choose our paint and paint stock rims. It's something that I've been hoping for. Having a red Infernus with chrome black rims.

I don't know if it'll be as in depth as MCLA, but I hope it's close. I'd definitely like to have a really unique car on the road in V.

At the very least I would hope that we could paint all over or each part of each vehicle, as in full body, or bonnet, roof, boot/ trunk lid, wheels, brake calipers etc

They should use the same paint system as MCLA because it meant that whatever colour you wanted you could get it.

Rainbow > selected colour mixed with black and white > two tone options > paint finish.

One small thing that I think could be good was the option to toggle carbon fibre on/ off for certain parts in MCLA, if GTA V had this options for bonnets/ hood and boot/ trunk lids then it would certain make a few car owners out there happy. I know it would make me happy.

At the very least I would hope that we could paint all over or each part of each vehicle, as in full body, or bonnet, roof, boot/ trunk lid, wheels, brake calipers etc

They should use the same paint system as MCLA because it meant that whatever colour you wanted you could get it.

Rainbow > selected colour mixed with black and white > two tone options > paint finish.

One small thing that I think could be good was the option to toggle carbon fibre on/ off for certain parts in MCLA, if GTA V had this options for bonnets/ hood and boot/ trunk lids then it would certain make a few car owners out there happy. I know it would make me happy.

That would be great, having a Blue Comet with with White spoilers and Bright white rims would be a dream come true.

I also hope that R* put include rims that look like BBS RS or Watanabe RS. IIRC, the Sultan RS had some Watanabe RS rims. icon14.gif

Maybe this is too far in depth, but what if it's partually like Forza 4; there are manufacturer parts like bumpers, sideskirts... maybe even rims. Hey, it would be a nice touch. Some GTA fans are crazy about cars and are car enthusiasts.

I'd like to see some modification, but I think we'll likely just see paint switching at pay n spray, and "rare"/"special" versions of some of the vehicles.

stuff like body kits, ride height, rims/wheels, paint, spoilers, and maybe performance upgrades would be enough.

maybe offroad kits for trucks, and rally inspired kits for a couple cars. with some offroads kits for laughs on say, the blista.

we do have to keep in mind, they are designing the game to run on current gen consoles, so we may not get that much customization, simply because of what GTA is, Unlike Midnight Club, GTA isn't a late night underground street racing sim, so we won't see sim levels of customization.

though based on the trailers and screenshots, I think I saw cars with different rims/parts. [Citation needed]

That would be great, having a Blue Comet with with White spoilers and Bright white rims would be a dream come true.

I also hope that R* put include rims that look like BBS RS or Watanabe RS. IIRC, the Sultan RS had some Watanabe RS rims. icon14.gif

It's funny you should mention that, because when I first took a good look at the Sentinel wheels I saw something; they look a lot like the TenzoR project 7 wheels.

user posted image

user posted image

I would love to have the ability to at least paint body areas and change/ paint wheels. The carbon fibre toggle should be looked into...

@Above not even Need For Speed (the titles with Criterion development) offers good customisation any more, why don't you go and buy a racing game.

Edited by JBanton

Isnt car modification somewhat illegal in California? My bro said it is, and if R* is going for a realistic approach, laws will be in order to team with the realism. Just a though. I believe in my honest opinion, all were gonna get are the Pay 'n' Sprays.

Who the f*ck cares if it's illegal in California? THIS IS GTA! We're not law abiding citizens in GTA, we're a criminal who shoots people, steals cars, and blows sh*t up. Get out of here with your "realism" sh*t!

What killed GTA 4 LOOOL

Isnt car modification somewhat illegal in California? My bro said it is, and if R* is going for a realistic approach, laws will be in order to team with the realism. Just a though. I believe in my honest opinion, all were gonna get are the Pay 'n' Sprays.

Who the f*ck cares if it's illegal in California? THIS IS GTA! We're not law abiding citizens in GTA, we're a criminal who shoots people, steals cars, and blows sh*t up. Get out of here with your "realism" sh*t!

What killed GTA 4 LOOOL

If mods are illegal then that means modification shops should be able to modify law enforcement vehicles in GTA V.

Double win if you ask me...

Simple customization, yes

but not deep, it´s not a MC

I would love to see the magazines coming out and the slides moving

Especially when shooting they should move, it looks awesome on an AK or Glock

Here we see a quote of your own, wanting GTA to have detailed weapon effects. Using your logic, this SHOULDN'T be included, because after all, GTA isn't "fire a gun simulator 2013" so why should that be in?

Think about other audiences for once. Myself and many others don't play GTA simply because "guns shoot bang", but because of the open world combined with vehicles. Sure, I could play a generic racing game *cough* new NFS games *cough* but that's it right there, they're generic, they have nothing to offer rather than racing cars I've already raced in a cheap city with copied and pasted buildings. This is why GTA IV is such a good game, it has features that set it apart from other games. Same applies to MCLA. MCLA car customisation adds months of gameplay to a game.

Truth be told, if it weren't for the customisation I wouldn't have played MCLA as much as I did. That's what sets MCLA apart from other games, it includes what other games have and more which makes it the better game.

If this were applied to GTA, it would put GTA largely ahead of other games that don't have it.

tl;dr: stfu and agree with me tounge.gif

I want this because car customization is unnecassary for me, but the slide moving would be a very nice look for the weapons. It has also nothing to do with a simulator, pretty much every shooter has a moving slide and it´s NOT a detailed effect, it´s easy to do. And car customization is also not a "detailed effect".

can´t i even f*** post my opinion

Edited by NicoandLuis

I want this because car customization is unnecassary for me, but the slide moving would be a very nice effect for the weapons. It has also nothing to do with a simulator, pretty much every shooter has a moving slide.

can´t i even f*** post my opinion

Sure, post your opinion, but expect to be called out if what you're saying is rubbish.

Also, you say it's unnecessary for you. Likewise, gun slides are necessary for you. Hypocrite.

Maybe it´s just not rubbish?

A simple customization like in SA is enough.

He's merely using your own logic to prove that you contradict yourself.

Just because you don't want something doesn't mean other people don't. How does a gun effect make gameplay any better. It is completely useless if you ask me

But just because I don't want it doesn't mean it shouldn't be included. GTA needs a detailed car customization. There's no subjectivity about it. Cars are one of the most important aspects of the game and to say car mods is an unnecessary feature is ignorant b

ShnePmW.jpg?5

Maybe it´s just not rubbish?

A simple customization like in SA is enough.

He's merely using your own logic to prove that you contradict yourself.

Just because you don't want something doesn't mean other people don't. How does a gun effect make gameplay any better. It is completely useless if you ask me

But just because I don't want it doesn't mean it shouldn't be included. GTA needs a detailed car customization. There's no subjectivity about it. Cars are one of the most important aspects of the game and to say car mods is an unnecessary feature is ignorant b

Exactly. You're in third person too so it's a waste of time. The only person who would see it is you when you're staring and focusing.

A completely custom car, however, is completely different. Everyone sees it and it provides a good first impression and/or style to when I'm steamroller-ing you when you're busy staring at your 9mm to see if there's a slide tounge.gif

UsernameNumber6

No man my Subaru Impreza has a turbo kit and custom wide body, cops don't give a sh*t unless I'm doing illegal things here in LA

We should be able to customize motorbikes as well like for example choosing between a 2/4 stroke motor and how big the engine is, and the colors

If customising vehicles was in we would've seen it by now, but we haven't. I think R* left it out the same as they left out buying properties. R* would have shown a little somethingby now because the hype from that alone would be crazy. Fans expect it, but I'd say there's gonna be a lot of disappointments with this game.

If customising vehicles was in we would've seen it by now, but we haven't. I think R* left it out the same as they left out buying properties. R* would have shown a little somethingby now because the hype from that alone would be crazy. Fans expect it, but I'd say there's gonna be a lot of disappointments with this game.

The only two pieces of evidence that might point to it were the two cars with the same wheels (comet and the car in front the Richman hotel).

The other thing was that GT-R/ V12 Zagato having wheels that weren't properly modeled to fit the car.

Still no concrete evidence to support car customisation being included confused.gif, hence why we still keep these threads alive to try and get it included.

The only two pieces of evidence that might point to it were the two cars with the same wheels (comet and the car in front the Richman hotel).

The other thing was that GT-R/ V12 Zagato having wheels that weren't properly modeled to fit the car.

Still no concrete evidence to support car customisation being included confused.gif, hence why we still keep these threads alive to try and get it included.

I'll be extremely disappointed if car customisation isn't in, it just adds sooo much, makes the game 10x better.

First thing I'll be caring about when I get the game is "can I properly customise my car?". They better not put some crappy SA style customisation in, SA's was barely even customisation.

I'll be extremely disappointed if car customisation isn't in, it just adds sooo much, makes the game 10x better.

First thing I'll be caring about when I get the game is "can I properly customise my car?". They better not put some crappy SA style customisation in, SA's was barely even customisation.

It was customisation, but to such a little extent that anybody else could easily replicate what anybody else made, which in my opinion renders the system useless.

In any context I always believe that customisation was used to make something fully reflect you (or a particular subject); in terms of cars that means making a car either look like something that you're proud to drive or something that reflects yourself in some way.

This is why I initially thought MCLA would be a good inspiration for GTA V; because it allowed a player to fully express themselves or create a vehicle that they could form a good driver/ machine relationship with, using me as an example;

Paint; being able to select my favourite colour (blue) to put on my car, meant that It was unique and I always felt the need to take good care of it when driving it user posted image

Decals; expresses the simplicity that I like to use, but also sends out a large message of where my mind is at... user posted image

Aero kits/ wheels; adds to the complexity of the car, and at times does make the car look a bit better, wheels especially for those car that have boring wheels like the Blista Compact in GTA IV... user posted image

In each case, when using the MCLA customisation system, I ended up with a car that I was proud of driving and reflected me in some way. The best part about having unique cars was the fact that everybody also had their own unique cars and it was always great to see what other people were driving.

<Speech over>

Edited by JBanton

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I do get what you mean with the personalisation thing, but R* aren't giving clothing customisation so there may not be a focus on personalisation for GTA V.

On the plus side R* North were working with R* San Diego for vehicle physics so maybe there might be a small chance that they may be working on other unmentioned elements as well.