GTA V Will Be 2012's 'Biggest Release'

v-man

GTA V's first trailer reveal back in November got the industry and gamers across the world fired up for Rockstar's next entry in the blockbuster franchise. There's still no solid release date, but many think it'll launch around the late spring/early summer period. And when it does, it should quickly become the top selling game of the year, says EEDAR's Jesse Divnich.

Speaking to IndustryGamers as part of his feature on the top five predictions for 2012, Divnich noted that it will be GTA V and not the next Call of Duty game that generates the most sales next year.

"It goes without saying that GTA V will be one of the year's biggest releases, but I will take it one step farther and say GTA V will be 2012's biggest release," boldly predicted Divnich.

"Don't get me wrong, Call of Duty will undoubtedly be huge, as it is every year and it may even grow, but if I had to call what will be a photo finish race, I will go with GTA V."

Considering that the latest Call of Duty set entertainment records yet again (the third consecutive year) we find it hard to bet against Activision's shooter. Then again, there's plenty of pent up demand for GTA V since GTA IV's release, and the first trailer has already done plenty to whet gamers' appetites.

source: http://www.industrygamers.com/news/gta-v-w...e-says-analyst/

So...does it confirm the game will definitely be released in 2012? How about achieving COD numbers? Analysts seem optimistic! What do you think?

This does not exactly prove anything since it's just an analyst talking. But a V release in 2012 should happen and it would probably happen in May/June (since there financial year begins in april, and the biggest games are the best to release close to it).

But GTA V beating next CoD?

That one I'm not sure about. but V definitely has potential to do it.

I don't know if GTA will beat world records again,but one thing I'm sure - it will win the 'Most Anticipated Game of The Year'

Edited by bluetops

These guys can't exactly be trusted, any one of us here can be one! Remember Pactcher? "OH GTA V WILL BE ANNOUNCED AT E3, OH GTA V WILL BE OUT BY THE END OF 2011".

Guess what, they say sh*t like this to get attention, why? Because they get paid the more "their" predictions appear on websites and are spread around. All people on here are doing is just lining their pockets by reposting this crap "OMG ANALYSTS SAYS GTA V THINGS!".

GRINCH ASS BITCH

I wouldn't doubt it. At this point in time, what other game franchise (besides Call of Duty) gets as much hype as Grand Theft Auto?

That's a serious question by the way (I'd like to know).

I wouldn't doubt it. At this point in time, what other game franchise (besides Call of Duty) gets as much hype as Grand Theft Auto?

That's a serious question by the way (I'd like to know).

Halo and Legend of Zelda titles. There's a few...

fV9tG4b.gif

GRINCH ASS BITCH
Halo and Legend of Zelda titles. There's a few...

I agree with you on Halo, but Zelda? Was Skyward Sword (or whatever it's called) as anticipated/well known as Grand Theft Auto V? While I did mention the franchise as a whole, I was basing my previous comment on the amount of hype generated by the announcement of V. I would think that very few games would be able to garner as much attention as Grand Theft Auto (excluding Halo, CoD, BF3).

I don't care if it break record or what but I know and I guaranty that it will win "Game of the year" Award.

"GTA V Will Be 2012's 'Biggest Release'"

That's what she said. tounge.gif

I don't care if it sells 345 billion copies or 7, I'm going to buy it.

Sunrise Driver
These guys can't exactly be trusted, any one of us here can be one! Remember Pactcher? "OH GTA V WILL BE ANNOUNCED AT E3, OH GTA V WILL BE OUT BY THE END OF 2011".

Guess what, they say sh*t like this to get attention, why? Because they get paid the more "their" predictions appear on websites and are spread around. All people on here are doing is just lining their pockets by reposting this crap "OMG ANALYSTS SAYS GTA V THINGS!".

This is first time they probably right. GTA V will be the biggest and the best 2012's release.

In 2008 in the UK GTA IV outsold COD WAW and it was the same in the USA so I dont see why V cant do the same against COD 9. People may say that COD has grown but the fact is the ammount of people who are on the current gen consoles has also grown so more people are getting the games so GTA V will sureley be bounced by the arival of the new 20 million people on the current gen consoles since 2008

All i can say is no sh*t?

These analysist's say the most obvious things, and sometimes they say the most outlandish things. Their predictions are simply no better than yours or i.

Grand Theft Auto V

- Best Selling Game in 2012

- Game Of The Year in 2012

- Best Action-Adventure Game in 2012

- Best Male(Ned Luke) ???

- Best Graphics ???

Max Payne 3

- Best Shooter in 2012

- Character Of The Year in 2012

- Best Graphics ???

- Best Male(James McCaffrey) ???

Agent

- Most Anticipated Game for 2013

Alan Wake's American Nightmare biggrin.gif

- Best Downloadable Game in 2012

rahkstar2.gifrahkstar2.gifrahkstar2.gifrahkstar2.gifrahkstar2.gifrahkstar2.gifrahkstar2.gifrahkstar2.gifrahkstar2.gif

sign-thompson.gifsign-thompson.gifsign-thompson.gifsign-thompson.gifsign-thompson.gifsign-thompson.gifsign-thompson.gifsign-thompson.gifsign-thompson.gif

Edited by valensim

This is first time they probably right. GTA V will be the biggest and the best 2012's release.

anyone can say that. I don't think we need an "analyst" telling us GTA V is huge.

here is what i believe, gta v will feature all of san andreas, hence why the number plates are going to say san andreas, they wont make 1 city and keep the rest of san andreas out of the game.

well they have had the rage engine since late 2004 and have been developing with it ever since.

they had 4 years experience with the engine making gta iv and the dlc, and look what they accomplished, they most likely finished mapping Liberty City(IV) by 2006 and done all the scripting later on.

so in 2008. i believe they left the coders and a few mappers to help with the dlc and got the rest of the mappers to start on GTA V, and this would have been around the start of 2008.

they show us the trailer, on november 2011, and they only showed us los santos. i think that their growing knowledge and experience with the rage engine, these guys were capable of mapping all of san andreas by at least mid 2011. dan houser would have had the script for the game ready by early 2011. now the coders are making the scripts ingame and making all the missions, side missions, minigames, etc. also the voice acting is being done too at the same time as the scripting. so we will see the full san andreas (los santos, san fierro and las venturas) in gta V, because i truly believe it was possible for them to do so. also i think a 4 disc install for XBOX 360, a 50gb bluray disc for ps3 and probably at least 30gb free space for pc, if not more.

gta v is gta san andreas 2, not gta los santos. OK.

Gtaplayaminigun

GTA V will definitely outsell cod. Even with such a low console user base, IV achieved record sales. Cod took a year and a half to beat its records. The user base had increased drastically by then. With the current massive user base and the huge appetite for gta since four years, it'll smash cod's records.

Snake Without a Tongue

After examining all of the evidence I predict GTAV to be very popular when it is released. Yay! I is analyst, too!

iGrandTheftAuto

GTA V will be very popular when it is released in 2012.

Edited by iGrandTheftAuto
user posted image

In other news. The earth revolves around the sun.

More at ten.

Dont actually know why cod sells so much its basicly the same game with diffrent guns each year same engine too and grapics and the online justs gets more stupid each year I mean level 80 is just stupid Its a boring game aswell as the missions and they make millions off it, I dont even think COD is all that good COD WAW was the only game I thought out of all the cod games that done something different and went up a level and made the game fun! So I eaisly think GTA V will break records win every award there is! atm Id say the best shooter is battelfield 3.

My dad works at Rockstar and he said th game wont be coming out until December 2013...

You better tell us who your mom works at. Or dont, we already know it. And she does it for cheap, bloody hell i like her!

Buffalo Soldier
Every one know, that Grand Theft Auto V will be the Biggest Game in 2012, maybe even Max Payne 3.

Doubt Max Payne, I can see that being a flop like LA Noire to be honest. Not much interest surrounding it, also Agent will undoubtedly fail too.

If GTA V beats COD that's all I'm happy about.

My dad works at Rockstar and he said th game wont be coming out until December 2013...

So does my pet rats father. He also says you're full o sh*t. Lmfao.

Every one know, that Grand Theft Auto V will be the Biggest Game in 2012, maybe even Max Payne 3.

Doubt Max Payne, I can see that being a flop like LA Noire to be honest. Not much interest surrounding it, also Agent will undoubtedly fail too.

If GTA V beats COD that's all I'm happy about.

max mayne is going to be a game for the Gods because it is being totally developed by rahkstar2.gif unlike L.A which was just published by rahkstar2.gif anything dan houser writes for is gold to me just like read dead redemption