Anyone else have the car driving backwards problem

Cars are driving backwards on the street within like 20 secs of looking at them they turn around and it's just weird. First I though it was my game so I re-installed it. Still the same problem. So I just gave up and started thinking my disc was messed so I borrowed my friends. Still the same problem.

After looking for fixes and stuff I was just like "f*ck this" and downloaded a pirated version. STILL THE SAME PROBLEM.

SERIOUSLY. I'm starting to doubt it's the game. Probably the computer itself. But I even did a clean install and nothing!

Also this happens later in the game, not at the beginning. Like 70% into the game.

Yes, It happens every so often. CJ comes to a corner and the first car to cross his path is driving backwards. Didn't notice it on the PS2, but on the PC it occurs.

If you have lots of hours of game play (around 150 hrs) on your save then you might be suffering from the Traffic Glitch. The glitch can be distinguished from the normal backward cars by the tendency to merge body parts into other vehicles.

What I remember from investigating the traffic glitch is that it is most easily observed on the Julius Throughway in LV, especially near overpasses (I use the train overpass in north LV for my observations). The glitched vehicles will spawn in normally (the most obvious difference from normal backwards cars) and then suddenly disappear and reappear backwards several meters ahead; sometimes merging bodies with a vehicle just ahead. Another distinguishing characteristic is jittery traffic, especially on freeways. Cars don't travel along smoothly as they do on a new game and appear to stutter along in 1 foot increments - sort of.

The glitch can be repaired by using hmvartak's Online Glitch Repair Tool or the GTA San Andreas Gamesave Editor v3.1.2. Both of these tools will reset all of the timers in the game to new game settings so you can continue to rack up another 100+ hours of game play on your save before you need to reapply the fix.

Edited by OrionSR

If you have lots of hours of game play (around 150 hrs) on your save then you might be suffering from the Traffic Glitch. The glitch can be distinguished from the normal backward cars by the tendency to merge body parts into other vehicles.

What I remember from investigating the traffic glitch is that it is most easily observed on the Julius Throughway in LV, especially near overpasses (I use the train overpass in north LV for my observations). The glitched vehicles will spawn in normally (the most obvious difference from normal backwards cars) and then suddenly disappear and reappear backwards several meters ahead; sometimes merging bodies with a vehicle just ahead. Another distinguishing characteristic is jittery traffic, especially on freeways. Cars don't travel along smoothly as they do on a new game and appear to stutter along in 1 foot increments - sort of.

The glitch can be repaired by using hmvartak's Online Glitch Repair Tool or the GTA San Andreas Gamesave Editor v3.1.2. Both of these tools will reset all of the timers in the game to new game settings so you can continue to rack up another 100+ hours of game play on your save before you need to reapply the fix.

Alright, thanks.