wall-e film is our future

indo_14

ok guys how are you doing and i want to talk about wall-e

wall-e is our future if we littering,make many plastics,make a lot of Styrofoam, and trees felled

we need oxygen, and water if we cutting trees we will die so build a greening on your nation to say start the greening

sorry for my bad english

Don't worry, we won't run out of trees.

(atleast not in OUR lifetime, so it's not really OUR future is it?)

I'm more worried about running out of oil, now that stuff IS going.

Man, I'd hate to be born 100 years from now.

Walle is not so subtle satire about our current life styles. You focused on the littering but I will point out the space ship full of overweight Americans riding around in hover chairs communicating to one another only through a screen even when they are right next to each other. There is more and it isn't what you want to hear. Just like the satire that GTA has, this is meant for you to contemplate your future by pointing out the absurd things you do and think.

I really did like the satire themes and humor in Wall-E, though highly exaggerated - makes you think and observe. But the overall consensus in the news, media and public opinion is that climate change is happening and most people are aware of it, though not all entirely agree or believe it. It also makes a great basis for animated feature films. So, it has made you think? Started recycling and practising green methods because of Wall-E?

I was amazed by that movie. It managed to be entertaining with minimal talking. I hope and think it really made kids think about littering etc.

I do think that maybe we will be able to find a way to solve it, but I have a feeling some dark times are ahead in the next 200 years.

You know there are better alternatives to oil? We have the technology to create cheaper and better energy for everyone. It's just not lucrative to use any of it as long as the greedy shortsighted f*cks can use oil.

One of the nice things about mama earth is she clear cuts the population when necessary.

Wars, Plagues, 'Natural' disasters. When the vermin (people) get uppity mama swats them down.

The real problem is the witchs (Medical) that try to upset mama's balanced world.

But, even they learned their lessons. You won't see them curing anything after they nearly ruined their business'. Polio Vaccine crippled them, putting thousands of health care proffessionals and industy out of work. Iron lungs, wheel chairs, braces, and related fields shot to hell, because somebody found a cure. Again, Dentists barely survive because somebody found a use for (A toxic waste). Floride.

So sit under your Apple Tree, everything will work out.

It's not like you aren't reborn (as something) when you do die.

It never really ends, the wheels keep turning.

Finn 7 five 11

I somehow don't see many/any people being born a hundred years from now, if we are not all dead, our reproductive systems will be f*cked from chemicals.

JoshGTAfreak

I somehow don't see many/any people being born a hundred years from now, if we are not all dead, our reproductive systems will be f*cked from chemicals.

Doubt it dude. As soon as scientists start to notice that, they'll find a way to fix it.

Finn 7 five 11

Doubt it dude. As soon as scientists start to notice that, they'll find a way to fix it.

Most people already have lowered sperm counts, the use of dangerous pesticides - Particularly DDT, which in human time, might as well never break down, have you seen that stuff is being disposed of? Usually done so by people in Radiation suits, heavy sh*t- and the other crap that we come into contact with.

• 7 months later...

if Wall-E doesn't live there what would this earth going? and one thing, is there some gravity in the space ship????? xD

Walle is not so subtle satire about our current life styles. You focused on the littering but I will point out the space ship full of overweight Americans riding around in hover chairs communicating to one another only through a screen even when they are right next to each other. There is more and it isn't what you want to hear. Just like the satire that GTA has, this is meant for you to contemplate your future by pointing out the absurd things you do and think.

How do you know they were all Americans? By the way B-n-L took over the whole world, I think it is safe to assume Nations as we know them no longer existed by the time they left Earth on the Axiom. Therefore, they weren't Americans or Australian or English or Swedish just people, which would fit in with many of the underlying themes of Wall-E, that we are all people of the Earth.

I saw it more as a message that we should stop going through the motions of a consumerist world, rather than Americans are fatasses who sit on facebook all day. But, hey, maybe I'm just in denial.

kzgN7qp.png

I thought our future will be the war against the Terminator machines.

fV9tG4b.gif

I thought our future will be the war against the Terminator machines.

No, our future will be a Terminator/Zombie Apocalypse the way things are going in modern pop culture with a bit of environmental destruction thrown in for good measure. Oh, and some interplanetary warfare with aliens, probably from Mars.

terminator tells us a robot back to the past it couldn't be real

@Iminicus: there is no one know's about aliens

Of all the future scenarios, Skynet would be the worst. We would be f*cked. Simple as that.

No we wouldn't be. We can avert Skynet quite easily. Also, which Skynet are you referring to? T1, T2, T3 or the Sarah Connor Chronicles. Thanks to all the retconning that happens Skynet needs us more now than it did in T1.

Of all the future scenarios, Skynet would be the worst. We would be f*cked. Simple as that.

No we wouldn't be. We can avert Skynet quite easily. Also, which Skynet are you referring to? T1, T2, T3 or the Sarah Connor Chronicles. Thanks to all the retconning that happens Skynet needs us more now than it did in T1.

Terminator 1 & 2 are the only Terminator films that exist for me wink.gif

But seriously, T-800s haunt my dreams. Literally. I had a terrible nightmare of being chased by one. I mean, how could you fight one of them with your bare hands? Their exoskeleton is tough as sh*t. Scary.

na89340qv0n34b09q340

I doubt we'll have a spaceship that big by the time earth is turned into a giant landfill nervous.gif. Has anyone seen The Lightbulb Conspiracy? It focuses on planned obsolescence, but it also has some parts about how over-consumption is destroying our world, really good documentary either way.