re-using maps

universetwisters

universetwisters

okay guys, sorry for not clarifying myself, as the last topic was locked

what if, for example, you were looking at the gta 5 map, and you saw this small town. you then went to play the sims, or world in conflict, or whatever, and you find that the game map was part of the gta 5 map

would you be mad or chill?

sTgL5iS.png

Los Santos Pedestrian

I still don't understand this.

I'm guessing you said that if we played GTA V, then played the Sims or World in Conflict, we'd be pissed to find out that a part of the GTA V map was used in GTA V.

universetwisters
I still don't understand this.

I'm guessing you said that if we played GTA V, then played the Sims or World in Conflict, we'd be pissed to find out that a part of the GTA V map was used in GTA V.

no, sorry.

i mean, what if portland island from gta 3 was part of the gta 5 map, or one of the building layouts in gta 5 matched a similar building layout in call of duty

TL;dr, rockstar using maps from other games

sTgL5iS.png

Los Santos Pedestrian

Rockstar doesn't just add an entire island from another game into a new game that's completely different, let alone add a part of the GTA V map into a game made by a different company. It just doesn't work like that.

universetwisters
OOH, I getya, u mean R* using buildings from differnet games...?

not just buildings, but maps. exactly.

sTgL5iS.png

Harwood Butch3r

Sorry OP the reason I closed your other thread was because it doesn't make sense. Why would R* resuse parts of their own maps let alone from other games? Maybe some part would look similar, but as for be carbon copies? Ni way.

Closed. Please do not attempt to make another thread or I'll be oblgated to put you forward for a warning.