Keyboard makes game lag

iamJack

So, thankyou for your advice in my other thread, I finally managed to install it smoothly!

I don't know if this'll help but I've not got a disc, my GTA IV is a direct download. (Paid £20 from D2D, not illegal)

I can run on max settings with 42fps average (tested on Benchmark) and I experience literally no lag at all, however, whenever I press ANY letter key on the keyboard (e.g Q,W,E,R,T,Y) my game freezes for a split second then carries on, when I press another letter it does the same. You're probably there like "get over it it's a split second of lag" but honestly, it gets EXTREMELY annoying after a while and especially in police chases.

I now have to drive my car with the arrow keys, but obviously this is still annoying when I want to go forward (W) and backward (S), enter a car and control Niko.

I know I can change the mapping of the keys but let's be fair I'm not going to be playing GTA IV with one quarter of a keyboard

Is there any way to solve this?

(To stop freezing for a split second when I press letter keys)

(I don't freeze when I press arrow keys)

Yes, I have adjusted my settings to the lowest and this still doesn't work so i just reverted back to highest, this still happens on lowest.

I'm running Windows 7 64bit if that helps, also this is a brand new keyboard, no mods at all. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, still happens.

Thanks in advance!

Try turning off Windows Event Log service.

74cXSsx.png