final interview

rickthelostman

rickthelostman

hey i need help i can not finish this mission. i go to the clothing store and i got every suit and shoes but it keeps telling me i need to wear a suit and tie with smart shoes to the interview. please help i have tried everything and nothing works thanks

hey i need help i can not finish this mission. i go to the clothing store and i got every suit and shoes but it keeps telling me i need to wear a suit and tie with smart shoes to the interview. please help i have tried everything and nothing works thanks

1. Go to PERSEUS next to the Lawyers.

2. Buy the GREY SUIT, BLUE TIE (or the black suit, red tie, black suit, pink tie) and shoes from Perseus.

3. DON'T WEAR HATS OR GLASSES!!!

4. Be sure to have NO BLOOD STAINS on your clothes.

Nice choice, Junkpile, but the charcoal suit with oxford shoes is much more stylish (see my avatar?). A word of advice for the mission, gunshots might possibly be heard inside the building and it is crawling with rent-a-cops, with two real police officers outside the window of his office, so I suggest a knife as its nice and quiet. After which, grab the folder and stroll out of there nice and easy like, wherein you can make a clean getaway.

Anyone can smash a window, but it tends to alert anyone who notices it, and makes them trigger-happy. UPDATE: I ran three seperate versions of the interview with Goldberg, in one instance I broke the windows but there were no cops there, in another instance I broke the windows and there WERE cops waiting there, and in the last I left via the hallway and the lobby exit, without anyone getting even remotely excited. It would seem that the cops who were on duty outside the windows are a program variable and NOT always there.

Edited by Karjerker

Nice choice, Junkpile, but the charcoal suit with oxford shoes is much more stylish (see my avatar?). A word of advice for the mission, gunshots might possibly be heard inside the building and it is crawling with rent-a-cops, with two real police officers outside the window of his office, so I suggest a knife as its nice and quiet. After which, grab the folder and stroll out of there nice and easy like, wherein you can make a clean getaway.

Anyone can smash a window, but it tends to alert anyone who notices it, and makes them trigger-happy.

You're probably playing on PC then?

You must know: on the PS3, there are only THREE suits with ties. I'd choose the grey one since it's a typical business suit and even the choice in the cut scenes. The black suit I use during the funeral.

Anway, where PC players got these suits with ties and closed jackets, PS 3 players do have these turtle necked, suits without tie. The ones Phil bell, Derrick Mc Reary and James Pegorino wear.

Jasper Petrol
Anyone can smash a window, but it tends to alert anyone who notices it, and makes them trigger-happy.

You smash one of Goldberg's office windows before the alarm has been raised. It is the easiest way to escape the building. The security guards may be trigger-happy but they are inside the building and you are outside, running away!

See, I've learned something new - apparently the console versions do not have as many options as the PC version, which is certainly worth knowing. It is also a good reminder that when posting questions at the forums, kids, you ought to note clearly in your narrative what version of GTA-IV you are running so those replying can deal with the question or inquiry most efficiency. As a rule I tend not to reply to posts requesting help for the console versions simply because I have not played that version - and I cannot recall without checking just how many times I've mentioned in my postings that I run the PC version.

Concerning that window thing, next time you play the mission check outside the building before going in. I walked completely around it BEFORE going into the interview to check possible escape routes and clearly saw two assault-weapon armed police officers standing immediately below the window to Goldberg's office. Now, whether they just happened to be there, or whether they are some special element introduced especially for the mission to make life more interesting for anyone firing a shot or smashing the windows, I really do not know or care, but they are there nevertheless, and that is why I felt going out the window was tactically inadvisable for obvious reasons.

Using the method I employed (which is not necessarily the best, it is merely one option) you stroll out, even stroll around the lower floor of the building without anyone freaking out before departing wherein you get back to Francis to complete the mission. Video games, like life, sometimes operate in the most unusual ways if only you take the time to explore all of the possibilities. No matter how much you think you know, you can always learn more.

Edited by Karjerker

• 1 month later...

Well I really like the mission because it has hitman like stealth elements.I had a baseball bat on me(it's a melee weapon so I believe it's considered silent).I just walked up to him and just hit him.After that i smash out the window and i jumped out of the window.If my memory is correct there was a cloth like balcony thing (idk what it's called.I'm not from an english speaking country).Well if it's there jump on it and just jump sideways.Well I hope this helps.Good luck

user posted image

The word you are looking for SoT_Agent is ''canopy'' or ''blind'' (possibly ''ledge'') and in that mission there are several options. The first of which as mentioned by Jasper Petrol is to break the windows but be advised there are sometimes police officers standing immediately below the window with assault rifles. the only way is to use a knife and then to pick up the folder and calmly stroll out of the building via the front door. I've taken this approach many times and never once has anyone so much as become excited and attempted to stop me, or fire on me. Once outside they seem to lose all interest in you and you can leave the scene of the crime.

Jasper Petrol

Well I really like the mission because it has hitman like stealth elements.I had a baseball bat on me(it's a melee weapon so I believe it's considered silent).I just walked up to him and just hit him.After that i smash out the window and i jumped out of the window.If my memory is correct there was a cloth like balcony thing (idk what it's called.I'm not from an english speaking country).Well if it's there jump on it and just jump sideways.Well I hope this helps.Good luck

The word you are looking for SoT_Agent is ''canopy'' or ''blind'' (possibly ''ledge'') and in that mission there are several options.

I'd call that an awning biggrin.gif

I know that you can throw the whisky glasses at Goldberg or use them to break the windows. I've played this mission all ways possible and have no preference for any particular strategy, provided it works. I began breaking the windows for the minimal kill challenge because you can push Goldberg out of them, but he often survives the fall (which results in mission failed - probably lands on one of those damn awnings)

Played this mission again recently, and found that the best way to complete this mission is to kill Goldberg with a knife (one attack is enough to complete the task) and then escape by jumping out one of the office windows. As long as you don't use anything other than melee weapons and you escpape before the receptionist comes back to the office you can get away with the files and never get a wanted level.

[Also, this knife method does not count as a kill in your game stats.]

Edited by Jasper Petrol