Release Date; September 2nd, 2012?

Mister Pink

Sorry for the potentially spammy topic. Last night I went in to Gamestop in my city. At the counter they have loads of boxes out with the GTA V logo and a sign saying, taking reservations now.

I asked the guy, as I thought it was humorous, as did he but he later explained confidently that the date they recieved is September 2nd 4th, 2012.

I realise that this could be a guess by Gamestop, so don't bother posting that here. I've been on the forums long enough. I just want to bring it to peoples attention.

However, I do think there's some plausibility in it. It's 6 months after the Max Payne 3 release and yet it's not quite october. So, I reckon we'll not hear about GTA for the next while and get pumped about Max Payne 3. As soon as Max Payne is released, the 6 month promotion train for GTA will begin.

Also, if you want to read about it, theres an article ...

HERE

Edited by ThePinkFloydSound

I don't live in the US so I don't know much about Gamestop, but after visiting many forums around the web, I've learnt that Gamestop is useless.

Yeah it was Gamestop here in Ireland. biggrin.gif

Does it make a difference?

Edit: Not meaning to be rude, but I've been hearing things...

No, just stating that I'm not 3 thousands miles away from where I am.biggrin.gif

nah i really doubt it, its a Sunday so no. And i highly doubt gamestop here would have any clue at all, it wil be May anyway biggrin.gif

That's what they are supposed to say if anyone asks for a release date.

No one, not even Rockstar, has an official release date yet.

Im guessing you have a phone right ? guessing its not a brick you would of gottn Way to excited [not not] to snap a pic or 50 i know i would .

Quote : At the counter they have loads of boxes out with the GTA V logo and a sign saying, taking reservations now.

???

Peace mate !!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

nah i really doubt it, its a Sunday so no. And i highly doubt gamestop here would have any clue at all, it wil be May anyway  biggrin.gif

Sorry, I think he said September 4th not 2nd. My bad.

My phone is crap and I don't have a cable to upload them on to my laptop.

That's what they are supposed to say if anyone asks for a release date.

No one, not even Rockstar, has an official release date yet.

I'm sure R* has an internal release date in mind, all dev teams have a target that they must complete.

This.

多伦多V是真棒。

nah i really doubt it, its a Sunday so no. And i highly doubt gamestop here would have any clue at all, it wil be May anyway  biggrin.gif

---- B~U~S~T~E~D ---- Even my gf is laughing her brains out.!!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif sorry this made my day.@ least next time get ya mates with a phone to take a few snaps yere ? mercie_blink.gifsuicidal.gif

---- B~U~S~T~E~D ---- Even my gf is laughing her brains out.!!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif sorry this made my day.@ least next time get ya mates with a phone to take a few snaps yere ? mercie_blink.gifsuicidal.gif

What are you talking about? I'm Christmas shopping after work, at about 20:30, with f*ck loads of shopping in my hands. I've gone months with out a phone and I got a hand-me-down off my gf's bro. It's a sh*tty old Nokia. But, ya know, I'll take your advice. I'll ring my friend to come in to the city centre - nearest friend being about 5miles away, get him to come in to take a photo. dozingoff.gif

If you are trying to imply that I'm lying, don't bother replying. I've no time for you, sir.

As for Rockstar having an internal date, which is what I'm thinking, is it possible that Gamestop could have actually acquired this info? If they did, they wouldn't want their competitors know that its the actual release date.

Having said that, it could very well just be that it looks more professional on their part if they have a definitive release date. But, do they want to piss off customers by changing their date? After all, people are making reservations and what would be their excuse?

Edited by ThePinkFloydSound

Internal release dates can be set to certain departments in the dev team, and the cycle. Overall an internal release date is just a deadline that they should expect the game to be polished by, then the play testing begins for a month or so of polishing.

I do not think a major video game retailer such as Gamespot would have acquired it.

Still going with just guesses.

Retailers set a date because they want to earn money out of probably the most highest grossing game of 2012.

Probably the most likely cause. Thought I'd share the info though.

Lock the topic if you will, mods. smile.gif

It's not that I don't think it's right, it's that lots of retailers just do the same thing, it's just the most probable to think.

I totally agree. Originally, I'm thinking May but that's my heart but my head says it will be October although thats almost too far away!! sad.gif

Buffalo Soldier

Have a GameStop here in Ireland too - I don't really rely on it, I prefer 'Game' for news and stuff but in saying that, last night I had a dream [not a big dream, just kind of came to my mind when I was asleep] that GTA V was released on September and it shocked people because we all thought it would be October.

I don't know. Ever since GameStop got the Super Smash Bros. Brawl release date correct (March 9, 2009, I think it was), I've never doubted a release they mentioned.

Of course, unless it was something like: Month/first day of the month/Year, but that's obviously just to show that it's coming around that time.

tenpennyisplainevil
I don't live in the US so I don't know much about Gamestop, but after visiting many forums around the web, I've learnt that Gamestop is useless.

LOL

Gamestop is full of sh*t.

Why do people think gamestop is satan's creation? I dont personally have any negative experience of the store.

Jimmy_Leppard
How the hell did you come up with this date? Every time I check this subforum, I see couple of topics with 50 different release dates. That means atleast 49 people are full of sh*t.

How the hell did you come up with this date? Every time I check this subforum, I see couple of topics with 50 different release dates. That means atleast 49 people are full of sh*t.

Don't blame the messenger! tounge.gif

nah i really doubt it, its a Sunday so no. And i highly doubt gamestop here would have any clue at all, it wil be May anyway biggrin.gif

Oh, really? When did R* confirm this? Unless you have proof of this, STFU.

user posted image

Jimmy_Leppard

Oh, really? When did R* confirm this? Unless you have proof of this, STFU.

Yes, but you don't have the proof he isn't right either, so you can STFU aswell. Everyone is pretending to be smart and pretending they know when the release is gonna happen, but actually nobody knows the exact date, so you can ALL STFU. I mean, how many ''real release date'' topics are made so far?

Obsessed people, godamnit, learn to focus your mind on other stuff until the actual game comes out.

walkingsickness

How Would Gamestop ( a major worldwide chain) know anything about the release date to a

game that will most likely break MW3 records, and keep that sh*t a secret so tight not even the

internet knows about it.

hmm....I'm going to say....FAIL!

I'm just confused about one thing, the guy said it was confidential right? So it means a restrict group of people that should know this, so how the hell a counter employee know such sensitive information that he tell to a normal costumer? I mean " ok we should keep this secret, just reveal to Gamespot and all the employees but they can't say a word".

I just think it was seller talk, not doubting you but what was told t you.