Did ANYTHING from GTA IV leaked info make it to the game

Gtaghost22

ON TOPIC: The things i heard about climbing telegraph poles, storing bodies in the boot (trunks) - were those "leaks" or were those in magazines or from R*, i can't remember

They were in magazine previews. The climbing telegraph poles thing was mentioned in only one magazine, as far as I remember. Technically, bodies can be stored in trunks in IV (just in two missions though).

I understand the rules man thats why i signed up smile.gif

So don't complain when people point out that you did something wrong. dozingoff.gif

Lol, I'm not the one who complained it was someone else

I understand the rules man thats why i signed up smile.gif

So don't complain when people point out that you did something wrong. dozingoff.gif

Lol, I'm not the one who complained it was someone else

haha he has a similar user name to yours - i must admit i thought you two were the same person!!

My appologies on that front - and credit for you for not throwing your toys out of the pram, - everytime i say something, and i try to be nice, the user in question throws a hissy fit!

cookie.gif for you lol

(yea i'm being facetious, but i don't mean any disrespect by it! biggrin.gif )

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

087rqaU.pngVw81Z2a.pngxWvxZoT.png1fb6cYB.png

Click here to view my Poetry

@Mokrie Dela no need to apolgize man, it's fine, you confused me with someone else, so what.. big deal.. Anyway.. Thanks for bieng nice to everyone. smile.gif

EVERYTHING DeepT said came true, so we follow his every move here, he's the official Mole of Rockstar!! hahaha

In actuality, if you trace DThroat's posts in time, you see him predicting New York based on Rockstar personal and their vans as I recall

• 5 months later...
jackass2009
EVERYTHING DeepT said came true, so we follow his every move here, he's the official Mole of Rockstar!! hahaha

In actuality, if you trace DThroat's posts in time, you see him predicting New York based on Rockstar personal and their vans as I recall

What was he supposed to be, anyway? A cop? A security guard?

On Topic: I'm guessing it was less wilder than it is in the V forum, but to give you an idea, I remember reading something back when IV was announced about Niko dying midway through the storyline and playing as Roman afterwards. See how inaccurate the leaks were from the reality?

PS: Resurrecting this thread because now seems like a good idea.

ThisIsHorosho

the only "trusted" leaked info we have found regarding GTAV is its vehicle list, found in Max Payne files...oeverything outside of that is either : 1.trolling or 2.made up bullsh*t of attention wh*res...

Live is Life nana nana na...

the only "trusted" leaked info we have found regarding GTAV is its vehicle list, found in Max Payne files...oeverything outside of that is either : 1.trolling or 2.made up bullsh*t of attention wh*res...

But you can't be sure if that even belongs to GTA V or IV [w/ added vehicles]. confused.gif

3lIXKDi.png

ThisIsHorosho

But you can't be sure if that even belongs to GTA V or IV [w/ added vehicles]. confused.gif

well...it's found in a file called vehicles.ide and besides there's a handling.cfg file as well...its in the exact same fashion as all the previous GTA games os its more like common sense...the ony thing i hope is that this list is incomplete and only features PARTIAL vehicles listed there, otherwise i'd REALLY disappointed...47 cars seems kind of well...dull for such a game like GTA...

well...it's found in a file called vehicles.ide and besides there's a handling.cfg file as well...its in the exact same fashion as all the previous GTA games os its more like common sense...the ony thing i hope is that this list is incomplete and only features PARTIAL vehicles listed there, otherwise i'd REALLY disappointed...47 cars seems kind of well...dull for such a game like GTA...

It's clearly incomplete, I mean they won't make another GTA with less vehicles than SA. Also 47 vehicles is more than enough for a game like Max Payne.

3lIXKDi.png

ThisIsHorosho

It's clearly incomplete, I mean they won't make another GTA with less vehicles than SA. Also 47 vehicles is more than enough for a game like Max Payne.

man i don't think you should make your hopes up for an amount of vehicles of San Andreas size...i mean for real! something around 70 cars (not vehicles only CARS) is expected, but more...LOL you do realize that GTA San Andreas had like around 100+ cars?? it'be pain in the stomach to draw each car and all those attention and bring the same or even more amount of San Andreas with all those new graphics...i say don't expect anything more than 70 cars...

man i don't think you should make your hopes up for an amount of vehicles of San Andreas size...i mean for real! something around 70 cars (not vehicles only CARS) is expected, but more...LOL you do realize that GTA San Andreas had like around 100+ cars?? it'be pain in the stomach to draw each car and all those attention and bring the same or even more amount of San Andreas with all those new graphics...i say don't expect anything more than 70 cars...

What? why not?

I mean there's about 120 vehicles in GTA IV, why would they make less in the next one? They always made more in the next games. You should expect a lot more than 120.

3lIXKDi.png

ThisIsHorosho

What? why not?

I mean there's about 120 vehicles in GTA IV, why would they make less in the next one? They always made more in the next games. You should expect a lot more than 120.

GTAIV didn't have much variety in vehicles types, unlike San Andreas, with such a large variety of vehicles (if thats true) for GTAV it'd mean less room for a "cars" i mean four doors and two doors cars...

What? why not?

GTAIV didn't have much variety in vehicles types, unlike San Andreas, with such a large variety of vehicles (if thats true) for GTAV it'd mean less room for a "cars" i mean four doors and two doors cars...

As I said, as they make newer games, they make more. We've clearly seen airplanes, jet ski's, and such. So I expect more cars than in GTA IV, with more variety of vehicles in SA.

3lIXKDi.png

ThisIsHorosho

What? why not?

As I said, as they make newer games, they make more. We've clearly seen airplanes, jet ski's, and such. So I expect more cars than in GTA IV, with more variety of vehicles in SA.

we'll have to wait and see...but i wouldn't be hyped about this stuff if i were you...this kind of teached me a lesson for expecting too much of a vehicles in GTA4 and i ended up utterly disappointed...so i don't want step on the same rake twice...

It's all bollocks. Don't believe a word you see until it arrives in the Newswire!

I remember seeing a 21 second video of Niko walking around under the Broker Bridge and driving the convertible BMW lookalike (forgot it's GTA name)

There's really no such thing as a rockstar leak, any "leak" that you hear of is not a leak but somthing th..at rockstar did on purpose ie leaked casting calls and max payne 3 vehicles

Edward-Is-A-Flunky45
I wasn't here on the forum before GTA IV got released, so i dont know what was leaked back then, so i'm asking did ANYTHING make it to the game or was it all BOLLOKS!

deepthroatgta4- He leaked GTA IV

cant remember

The Xbox version of GTA4 got snatched and leaked a week or so before release.

deepthroat predicted the GTA4 logo with the NY skyline in it (which came out to be true when the trailer came out).

Those are the only two instances that I remember, was there anything else?

GTA36362355

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtop...dpost&p=4133018 (Update 7)

Deepthroatgta4 had sent a conversation in PMs to two members here:

ThugLord,

Thank you for your words of support in this matter, unfortunately I am unable to reveal my sources for they put themselves and their careers in mortal danger by passing me such valuable information.

For the record I am not, and have never been a Rockstar Employee.

I am, however, in mortal danger. My attempts to drip feed information to the forums since my re-education have not gone unnoticed. I have a few close friends in the community keeping their ear to the ground for me, a close acquaintance who works for a Government agency forwarded me the following transcript this morning -

Transcript of telephone conversation intercepted by Echelon Cheltenham Station 011405APR07 –

Two males conversing, first voice Eastern European adult male, geographical location Pristina, Kosovo, second voice American adult male, geographical location Edinburgh, Scotland,

European Male – Yes?

American Male – Our friend is no longer an asset.

EM – He never was.

AM – Never the less, he served his purpose.

EM – He will return to haunt you.

AM – I don’t think so, cancel his ticket.

EM – No problem, my friend, just ensure the fee is correct this time.

AM – You’ll be adequately compensated.

EM – See to it that I am.

Phone call terminates 011406APR07.

I will be keeping a low profile from now on, in fact, I am planning to travel to Northern Tibet, where I plan to live as a goat.

Kind Regards,

Scotty.

Thomas,

Thank you for your kind words regarding my earlier posts. Unfortunately

I have been in mortal danger since the whole fiasco began, since my run

in with the Rockstar heavies in the abandoned subway station I have had

to drip feed the inteligence onto the forum to avoid incurring their

wrath once again.

The forum is infact a hotbed of Rockstar spies, informants and casual

observers, I'm sure you bore witness to the campaign to discredit me by

several posters. Ultimately, my position as a forum member has become

untenable, a few friends of mine from the Community have had their ears

to the ground for me, a dear friend from a Government Agency forwarded

me the follwing transcript this morning -

Transcript of telephone conversation intercepted by Echelon, Cheltenham

Station, 011405APR07 –

Two males conversing, first voice Eastern European adult male,

geographical location Pristina, Kosovo, second voice American adult male,

geographical location Edinburgh, Scotland,

European Male – Yes?

American Male – Our friend is no longer an asset.

EM – He never was.

AM – Never the less, he served his purpose.

EM – He will return to haunt you.

AM – I don’t think so, cancel his ticket.

EM – No problem, my friend, just ensure the fee is correct this time.

AM – You’ll be adequately compensated.

EM – See to it that I am.

Phone call terminates 011406APR07.

I will be keeping a low profile for the forseeable future, I plan to

travel to northern Tibet where I intend to live as a goat.

Kind Regards, Thomas, take care,

Scotty.

Deepthroat was obviously a viral marketing move by rockstar. It wasnt a leak. And he didnt flat out tell us things but suggested things that would be in the game.

IV didnt have any info leaks. But IV also didnt have as many trolls.

I feel like the "leaked info" has been so abundant for V. Its just because people are starved for knowledge and its an easy target to troll.

But in short there has never really been a leak of information for any GTA. They are probably the best in the business at keeping secrets

ShnePmW.jpg?5

mooonlights

R* has been particularly quiet about V...more so than any other GTA, and that's ALL because of MP3.

Shampson360
Lol the forum is really DEAD

Yes it is. Nobody has even been on to acknowledge my incredible find in the Trailer Analysis thread. In response to your topic ,though, I wasn\\\'t on the forums at that time so I really wouldn\\\'t know! sad.gif

EDIT: Sorry about this.. I don\'t know why it keeps double posting.

Put a link in so I can see please!

jackass2009

Yes it is. Nobody has even been on to acknowledge my incredible find in the Trailer Analysis thread. In response to your topic ,though, I wasn\\\'t on the forums at that time so I really wouldn\\\'t know! sad.gif

Dude, she was banned a few months ago. But the "incredible discovery" she was referring to was that she saw a blimp in the trailer, and was the first one to notice it or something like that.

Billy Benedict

Dude, she was banned a few months ago. But the "incredible discovery" she was referring to was that she saw a blimp in the trailer, and was the first one to notice it or something like that.

Wat she get banned 4