Did ANYTHING from GTA IV leaked info make it to the game

Gtaghost22

This place is crazy. Where are the members that used to post here, the V Hunters? The Genesis people? Anybody? sad.gif

OT: R* are not known for their games being leaked. They make a big effort to make sure it never happens and so far it seems to have worked. There was the mysterious member named Chevy Chase (this is a filter which changes the name) who posted strange messages with hidden words inside them. And he also posted stories which if you go back and read them all they start to make sense having played through GTA 4. Now keep in mind he posted these things before the first trailer for GTA 4 was even released, in fact I don't think the logo had even been shown yet. Still he told us about New York and that the logo was "IV", nobody believed him at first but when the info rolled out from R* it all started to make sense.

He made another thread in this V forum called "Genesis." which simply had an edited image from Red Dead Redemption, R*'s wild west GTA. The image was merged with a GTA IV screenshot. Nobody really made sense of it but many theories were created that GTA V would have countryside, desert and that it would take place in the west (California).

And sure enough, GTA V has countryside, it most likely has desert, and it definately takes place in the West (Los Angeles, California). So is Chevy Chase a R* employee leaking information to us? Or is he just really good at guessing? Nobody will ever know.

Besides that, there have been some rumours and 'leaks' of casting calls and other stuff. But nothing really big and the majority of leaks are fake. And since we don't know if what Chevy Chase said were leaks or just guesses then the answer to this thread would have to be No. Rockstar haven't leaked anything from GTA IV, or GTA V - not by themselves anyway.

For all you N00Bs:

Revelation.

This is the topic where d33pthroatgta4 revealed the IV logo and the New York (Liberty City) location. Sound legit? Well it didn't at first but how did he know this stuff when the logo hadn't even been revealed?

DTGTA4 Post Roundup

This is a compilation of all of his posts. All of them are mysterious and have some kind of message within them. If he was trollin' then he did a much better job than you guys posting fake maps. But you definately get the feeling that he knew something with the way he posted.

Genesis.

And this is the topic he made a few months ago right here in the V section. He had dissappeared from this forum for 3 years and suddenly he comes back, posts a weird picture, and then a few months later GTA V is announced, and in some ways it can be linked to that picture e.g. countryside. Read at your own risk! And cookie.gif if you can read the entire topic.

So there you go, a convienient sum-up of the so-called 'leaks' in R*'s history. Not quite giving away plots or maps, but it certainly got everyone speculating. Maybe that was the only purpose? It's a damn mystery, just like R*. That's what makes them great, and that's why they don't get leaks.

Edited by SmC12

This place is crazy. Where are the members that used to post here, the V Hunters? The Genesis people? Anybody? sad.gif

OT: R* are not known for their games being leaked. They make a big effort to make sure it never happens and so far it seems to have worked. There was the mysterious member named Chevy Chase (this is a filter which changes the name) who posted strange messages with hidden words inside them. And he also posted stories which if you go back and read them all they start to make sense having played through GTA 4. Now keep in mind he posted these things before the first trailer for GTA 4 was even released, in fact I don't think the logo had even been shown yet. Still he told us about New York and that the logo was "IV", nobody believed him at first but when the info rolled out from R* it all started to make sense.

He made another thread in this V forum called "Genesis." which simply had an edited image from Red Dead Redemption, R*'s wild west GTA. The image was merged with a GTA IV screenshot. Nobody really made sense of it but many theories were created that GTA V would have countryside, desert and that it would take place in the west (California).

And sure enough, GTA V has countryside, it most likely has desert, and it definately takes place in the West (Los Angeles, California). So is Chevy Chase a R* employee leaking information to us? Or is he just really good at guessing? Nobody will ever know.

Besides that, there have been some rumours and 'leaks' of casting calls and other stuff. But nothing really big and the majority of leaks are fake. And since we don't know if what Chevy Chase said were leaks or just guesses then the answer to this thread would have to be No. Rockstar haven't leaked anything from GTA IV, or GTA V - not by themselves anyway.

Got any idea where the Genesis thread is nowadays? I know it's locked already but I wanna take another look at it.. I couldn't find it via search function, is it deleted?

Why would that be done?

I edited my post with links to Genesis, Revelation, and all of Chevy Chase's posts. For those who know nothing about it.

Well I was beaten to it lol. tounge.gif

Edited by SmC12

Message to those in LA. Look for vehicles like the one described in Manhatton for GTA IV.

WHY?

I was kidding. In the leaked info for GTA IV their was a van in New York with people probaly designing the map so it looks alot like New York. We know GTA V is in LA so their is probaly a van there. But I was kidding about asking for people to look for one.

Mods, what happened here? In 'my days' this kind of language and lame arguing would already ended up in closing the whole thread.

Ontopic: I was there in the early days. Especially the findings from trailers were epic, like the map @the policeboat. All the other findings were just enjoyable for us GTA diehards waiting for the release.

The closest thing to a leak - and it's not really a leak at all - was exactly a month before the game was announced, when someone found a mention of GTA V in the xml on Rockstar Social Club. It was forgotten - or not mentioned again - soon after that, but there was a clue right in front of us that a V announcement was on its way, and we missed it.

Mods, what happened here? In 'my days' this kind of language and lame arguing would already ended up in closing the whole thread.

Ontopic: I was there in the early days. Especially the findings from trailers were epic, like the map @the policeboat. All the other findings were just enjoyable for us GTA diehards waiting for the release.

Problem is, 99% of the topics in this section would have to be locked.

Yl8KS.jpg

For all you N00Bs:

Revelation.

This is the topic where d33pthroatgta4 revealed the IV logo and the New York (Liberty City) location. Sound legit? Well it didn't at first but how did he know this stuff when the logo hadn't even been revealed?

DTGTA4 Post Roundup

This is a compilation of all of his posts. All of them are mysterious and have some kind of message within them. If he was trollin' then he did a much better job than you guys posting fake maps. But you definately get the feeling that he knew something with the way he posted.

Genesis.

And this is the topic he made a few months ago right here in the V section. He had dissappeared from this forum for 3 years and suddenly he comes back, posts a weird picture, and then a few months later GTA V is announced, and in some ways it can be linked to that picture e.g. countryside. Read at your own risk! And cookie.gif if you can read the entire topic.

So there you go, a convienient sum-up of the so-called 'leaks' in R*'s history. Not quite giving away plots or maps, but it certainly got everyone speculating. Maybe that was the only purpose? It's a damn mystery, just like R*. That's what makes them great, and that's why they don't get leaks.

Most Helpful Post!, i will be sure to check those old threads maybe i can come up with something nobody noticed

Helpful post, indeed. But aw man, if you really are going to... good luck searching through over 700+ of... certain stuff.

This forum was fine until the f*cking Genesis thread. That thread was pure retardation from day one, and contriubted to the downward spiral by inviting retarded 12 year olds who think theyre mulder and scully and who will shout you down if you try and say things like this are not real:

user posted image

GET OVER 1 BILLION IN GTA ONLINE WITH THIS GLITCH

Join the best of the best. Join the Republic of Zee.http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/zeegtaforums

Add me on Xbox: ZeeGTAForums and PS3: mtkgta420

The Continuing Adventures of Zeehttp://www.youtube.com/ZeeGTAForums

http://www.twitch.tv/zeegtaf

Deji is a coward.

I'm starting to think that 24 may release date is true , also the whole hispanic protagonist (adrian) seems legit, i thought leaks about GTA games were always FAKE, i guess i was WRONG!

Please stop double-posting, use the edit button. smile.gif

Who died and made you king?

I was just giving him good advice, smartass.

It really didn't sound like advice, more like a demand... icon13.gif

GrandTheftAuto101
I'm starting to think that 24 may release date is true , also the whole hispanic protagonist (adrian) seems legit, i thought leaks about GTA games were always FAKE, i guess i was WRONG!

He think's he a mod

He think's he a mod

I even added a f*cking smiley because I knew people would think that. Seriously, stop crying.

Yl8KS.jpg

He think's he a mod

I even added a f*cking smiley because I knew people would think that. Seriously, stop crying.

What in god's name makes you think you can boss people around on a forum? Did that double post just drive you so deep into the ground you had to mention it? You brought this upon yourself. You did it on purpose to provoke argument. Well...I hope your happy now.

Vegetarian Piranha

dude no need to take it this far, he was only giving you a tip, so take it and f*ck up.

What in god's name makes you think you can boss people around on a forum? Did that double post just drive you so deep into the ground you had to mention it? You brought this upon yourself. You did it on purpose to provoke argument. Well...I hope your happy now.

oh my god you're obnoxious

You're a baby.

Honestly, get over it. He was just giving you helpful advice.

Again, read the damn rules for once.

Invisible Don

You just HAD to post that knowing FULL WELL that it would make me SUPER ANGRY. Well here it is I hope you're happy because I'm SUPER ANGRY and I'm going to throw a temper tantrum. Somehow this is ALL YOUR FAULT.

lol fixed yur post for yA kid. keep the change

I had made this huge post in this topic which will be helpful and interesting to many new members:

Intro:

First of all, I would remind everyone that this section and the site which are presently 'GTA V' and 'GTAV.net' were previously named 'GTA Next' and 'GTANext.net'. Later on, changed with the 'V' instead of 'Next' (Long time before the announcement of GTA V). Purpose?

Secondly, I would like to point out the thread: Revelation.

A better thread for understanding Deepthroatgta4's posts: Link

Here, a person named Deepthroatgta4 gave us the location of GTA IV before the trailer itself was released. He earned credibility.

Then came, Where is the Blue?

Here, admins changed the logo of GTAV.net with different places inside the V logos. Some logos contained codes when opened with notepad.

The poll which is being talked about was a part of this event.

Lastly came, Genesis.

Here, the credible guy came back with a bang. Posted a pic. The pic contained a tree and a road, the tree and the road were once a part of one of the V logo uploaded by admins during WiTB.

Also, the (in)famous filter of deepthroatgta4=Chevy Chase came during this topic.

Considering the chevy chase hint as a person:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevy_Chase

Chase was born in Lower Manhattan, New York City on October 8, 1943.
Chase was named for his adoptive grandfather Cornelius. The nickname Chevy was bestowed by his grandmother, derived from the medieval English The Ballad of Chevy Chase. As a descendant of the Scottish Clan Douglas, the name "Chevy" seemed appropriate to her.
In 1976, Chase moved to Los Angeles and married his girlfriend, Jacqueline Carlin

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now his credibility makes me believe that WiTB/Genesis was not just a hoax. Things will come up gradually.

Just like the 1102:

Reversed: 2011

11/02: 2nd November.

2nd November 2011.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things about the poll which are worth noticing and yet a mystery:

555 is the description of the Bullet holed logo:

5 Guys: Burger and Fries (the place in the logo: in Washington D.C.),

5 Bullets: in the letters in the logo,

5 Letters: G,A,N,E,T. (Also anagram for 'Agent': A member named Hurrikane had found a resume saying that GTAV is to be released in 2011 and he had also found some very rare images of Agent on the same site. A network admin named illspirit had congratulated him saying that he found the blue. This is what Hurrikane found.)

Adding 204 days to 2nd November gives 24th May,

24051972 on the tail of the jet in end credits of TBOGT.

user posted image

LJK

L 12

J 10

K 11

Ordered alphabetically: JKL:101112: 10/11/12 11th October, 2012

From the trailer:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

"We aim not to lose it. 24th May?"

The Music used in the trailer was taken from an album which was released on 24th of May.

"Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake was a successful concept album by the English rock band Small Faces. Released on 24 May 1968 "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1972_European...'_Cup_Final

Huns won the european cup winners cup on this date, rockstar is based in scotland, likely a rangers supporting scumbag employee put this date everywhere

In san Andreas, you could bet on horses, one of them was called henrik's tongue, refering to the Celtic player henrik larsson (ghod)

Also the cop car has a 42, flipped: 24

user posted image

The GTAF staff have said that they are also spectators of the the mystery just like us but a bit of words from a moderator:

A PM conversation with a global moderator before the trailer regarding a "city-wise trailer time list" topic which I created and he locked:

I made it for those who keep asking the time of the trailer in their city/country. I don't question your judgement but i just wanted to decrease the spam. Cheers for the upcoming trailer, mate!! Now, we'll follow the trailer instead of the f*cking nine. lol.gif
No worries, I know your intentions were good and I can understand how people could be confused at the time they'll get it in their zone. However, with five hours left, it can't be that hard can it? Haha.

I get your point. Five hours to go. icon14.gif

And yeah, the "nine" stuff was obviously horse-sh*t. Watch though, something to do with nine will crop up and 500 people will sh*t their pants.

lol.gif As it goes with the '1102'. It got me going. turn.gif

Well, 1102 has at least some link to things!

Its the God of co-incidences. Nothing more. dozingoff.gif

Maybe. Maybe the higher ups knew when an announcement was due. I'm just a drone. A cog in the machine!

Recent conversation with an admin, illspirit:

Can WiTB topic be re-opened?
No point in re-opening it and having two threads on the same thing going. Especially since nobody who wasn't there will take the time to read all 375 pages of the "blue" topic. None of it's likely to make much sense just yet anyway due to circumstances beyond our control..
Circumstances still beyond control??
Yep.I am not asking you to open it now, if you understood it that way.

Just talking about the circumstances. Circumstances were in control when you guys started the blue but THEY changed their plans, didn't they??

None of it's likely to make much sense just yet..
Will it make any sense later, that is what I wonder.

Anyways, good luck with your hands-on pre-release GTA-V preview. You guys are f*cking lucky. wink.gif

Yea, it seems they changed their plans, or maybe we just didn't understand them properly. So, really, it was always out of control. tounge.gif

None of it's likely to ever make any sense now. Since only part of it was related to GTA, the rest would be largely irrelevant when/if it does make some sense. It was all supposed to be a bit of fun while waiting for info to be officially released, but since we have info now, it kinda defeats its own purpose.

As for an early preview, with GTA titles they usually don't let us see them until a few days before the release date, so you would probably have a good chance of playing it before us by making friends with a manager (or getting a job) at Gamestop or some such.

You can always reply by "add reply" when the post you are replying to is the last. You quoted the already long post, making this page go zoooom.. biggrin.gif

I've been reading all these past topics these last few days and it's all very interesting yet strange, all these different theories and such is mind boggling. lol

Good read though smile.gif

I had made this huge post in this topic which will be helpful and interesting to many new members:

Intro:

First of all, I would remind everyone that this section and the site which are presently 'GTA V' and 'GTAV.net' were previously named 'GTA Next' and 'GTANext.net'. Later on, changed with the 'V' instead of 'Next' (Long time before the announcement of GTA V). Purpose?

Secondly, I would like to point out the thread: Revelation.

A better thread for understanding Deepthroatgta4's posts: Link

Here, a person named Deepthroatgta4 gave us the location of GTA IV before the trailer itself was released. He earned credibility.

Then came, Where is the Blue?

Here, admins changed the logo of GTAV.net with different places inside the V logos. Some logos contained codes when opened with notepad.

The poll which is being talked about was a part of this event.

Lastly came, Genesis.

Here, the credible guy came back with a bang. Posted a pic. The pic contained a tree and a road, the tree and the road were once a part of one of the V logo uploaded by admins during WiTB.

Also, the (in)famous filter of deepthroatgta4=Chevy Chase came during this topic.

Considering the chevy chase hint as a person:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevy_Chase

Chase was born in Lower Manhattan, New York City on October 8, 1943.
Chase was named for his adoptive grandfather Cornelius. The nickname Chevy was bestowed by his grandmother, derived from the medieval English The Ballad of Chevy Chase. As a descendant of the Scottish Clan Douglas, the name "Chevy" seemed appropriate to her.
In 1976, Chase moved to Los Angeles and married his girlfriend, Jacqueline Carlin

Now his credibility makes me believe that WiTB/Genesis was not just a hoax. Things will come up gradually.

Just like the 1102:

Reversed: 2011

11/02: 2nd November.

2nd November 2011.

Things about the poll which are worth noticing and yet a mystery:

555 is the description of the Bullet holed logo:

5 Guys: Burger and Fries (the place in the logo: in Washington D.C.),

5 Bullets: in the letters in the logo,

5 Letters: G,A,N,E,T. (Also anagram for 'Agent': A member named Hurrikane had found a resume saying that GTAV is to be released in 2011 and he had also found some very rare images of Agent on the same site. A network admin named illspirit had congratulated him saying that he found the blue. This is what Hurrikane found.)

Adding 204 days to 2nd November gives 24th May,

24051972 on the tail of the jet in end credits of TBOGT.

user posted image

LJK

L 12

J 10

K 11

Ordered alphabetically: JKL:101112: 10/11/12 11th October, 2012

From the trailer:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

"We aim not to lose it. 24th May?"

The Music used in the trailer was taken from an album which was released on 24th of May.

"Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake was a successful concept album by the English rock band Small Faces. Released on 24 May 1968 "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1972_European...'_Cup_Final

Huns won the european cup winners cup on this date, rockstar is based in scotland, likely a rangers supporting scumbag employee put this date everywhere

In san Andreas, you could bet on horses, one of them was called henrik's tongue, refering to the Celtic player henrik larsson (ghod)

Also the cop car has a 42, flipped: 24

user posted image

The GTAF staff have said that they are also spectators of the the mystery just like us but a bit of words from a moderator:

A PM conversation with a global moderator before the trailer regarding a "city-wise trailer time list" topic which I created and he locked:

I made it for those who keep asking the time of the trailer in their city/country. I don't question your judgement but i just wanted to decrease the spam. Cheers for the upcoming trailer, mate!! Now, we'll follow the trailer instead of the f*cking nine. lol.gif
No worries, I know your intentions were good and I can understand how people could be confused at the time they'll get it in their zone. However, with five hours left, it can't be that hard can it? Haha.

I get your point. Five hours to go. icon14.gif

And yeah, the "nine" stuff was obviously horse-sh*t. Watch though, something to do with nine will crop up and 500 people will sh*t their pants.

lol.gif As it goes with the '1102'. It got me going. turn.gif

Well, 1102 has at least some link to things!

Its the God of co-incidences. Nothing more. dozingoff.gif

Maybe. Maybe the higher ups knew when an announcement was due. I'm just a drone. A cog in the machine!

Recent conversation with an admin, illspirit:

Can WiTB topic be re-opened?
No point in re-opening it and having two threads on the same thing going. Especially since nobody who wasn't there will take the time to read all 375 pages of the "blue" topic. None of it's likely to make much sense just yet anyway due to circumstances beyond our control..
Circumstances still beyond control??
Yep.I am not asking you to open it now, if you understood it that way.

Just talking about the circumstances. Circumstances were in control when you guys started the blue but THEY changed their plans, didn't they??

None of it's likely to make much sense just yet..
Will it make any sense later, that is what I wonder.

Anyways, good luck with your hands-on pre-release GTA-V preview. You guys are f*cking lucky. wink.gif

Yea, it seems they changed their plans, or maybe we just didn't understand them properly. So, really, it was always out of control. tounge.gif

None of it's likely to ever make any sense now. Since only part of it was related to GTA, the rest would be largely irrelevant when/if it does make some sense. It was all supposed to be a bit of fun while waiting for info to be officially released, but since we have info now, it kinda defeats its own purpose.

As for an early preview, with GTA titles they usually don't let us see them until a few days before the release date, so you would probably have a good chance of playing it before us by making friends with a manager (or getting a job) at Gamestop or some such.

why does conspiracy scare me so much nervous.gif

He think's he a mod

Read the rules man, they clearly state not to double post, and he's just offering some friendly advice.

He said "please" too, so that sounds like a REQUEST . He didn't DEMAND anyone to do anything - chill out people, you've signed up on a forum and by signing up agree to follow the rule - if you don't like said rules, don't join up.

The only people here invoking arguements are you guys, because you can't cope with someone asking something that doesnt adhere to the sun shining out of your backsides,

Calm down, and grow up, discuss the topic stated in the title, and keep it respectfull; is that really so hard?

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

087rqaU.pngVw81Z2a.pngxWvxZoT.png1fb6cYB.png

Click here to view my Poetry

Read the rules man, they clearly state not to double post, and he's just offering some friendly advice.

He said "please" too, so that sounds like a REQUEST . He didn't DEMAND anyone to do anything - chill out people, you've signed up on a forum and by signing up agree to follow the rule - if you don't like said rules, don't join up.

The only people here invoking arguements are you guys, because you can't cope with someone asking something that doesnt adhere to the sun shining out of your backsides,

Calm down, and grow up, discuss the topic stated in the title, and keep it respectfull; is that really so hard?

I understand the rules man thats why i signed up smile.gif

I understand the rules man thats why i signed up smile.gif

So don't complain when people point out that you did something wrong. dozingoff.gif

especially if they're polite about it

ON TOPIC: The things i heard about climbing telegraph poles, storing bodies in the boot (trunks) - were those "leaks" or were those in magazines or from R*, i can't remember

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

087rqaU.pngVw81Z2a.pngxWvxZoT.png1fb6cYB.png

Click here to view my Poetry